Starting Spikes This Week Would Be Stupid

Having said that, I really hope that this staff is not thinking about going there. What good would it do to bring him back against arguably the worst team in the league.

He should start against the Patriots beacause if the Bills lose that game, the season is already over (again before the halfway point). If he re-agrivates the hammy during the Pats game - oh well. It was a hell of a season. He will have the rest of the year to heal.

Having said that, I really hope that this staff is not thinking about going there. What good would it do to bring him back against arguably the worst team in the league.

He should start against the Patriots beacause if the Bills lose that game, the season is already over (again before the halfway point). If he re-agrivates the hammy during the Pats game - oh well. It was a hell of a season. He will have the rest of the year to heal.

800942[/snapback]

So he can use this game as a warmup to the game against the Pats next week, which is arguably, a chance to make a run at a special season.

I don't want to rush TKO back, but if he is ready, play him so he can develop a little rythm with the rest of the D. A lot has changed since the last time he was on the field in week 1.

So he can use this game as a warmup to the game against the Pats next week, which is arguably, a chance to make a run at a special season. 

I don't want to rush TKO back, but if he is ready, play him so he can develop a little rythm with the rest of the D.  A lot has changed since the last time he was on the field in week 1.

800949[/snapback]

If he did not show up against the Bears, how much better can he possibly be? Give him the extra cushion to make sure and let him loose when he comes out of that tunnel.

No dude, this would be the PERFECT week for him to come back.

You don't want to just throw him in there with the Bears (last week) or the Patriots (next week). Let him start off against a Lions team that may be without both Kevin Jones AND Roy Williams.

800959[/snapback]

The perfect week will be when the trainers determine that he can play full speed without more than the ordinary risk of injury.

uhmm.. lets please not under-estimate this game. its an away game against an nfl team. this is going to be a tough game and we should worry about winning this game, before we even start thinking abouth the patriots.

800965[/snapback]

Screw that....If these guys can't beat the Lions, there are some serious problems (especially after getting embarassed in Chicago). As a fan, I AM looking past this week because that could be the last meaningful home game of the season. As a player, obviously they don't have that luxury.

My point is that if TKO gets the green light this weekend, I would give him the extra week to really focus on the Pats.

If they are still going back and forth all week and then decide to play him on Sunday - bad idea.

801085[/snapback]

If they are not certain he is ready then he should not play....

but IF HEALTHY the benefits of playing far outway not playing him.....

- He gets a game under his belt to shake off some of the rust

- The opponent is easier....allowing for a "get your feet under you game"

- Allows for some confidence going into a tough game...

If your concern is that he might get hurt well.....thats just part of the game

Dumbest thing i've heard all day. The Lions will win at least a few games this year...The Bills better make sure it's not them first. Nothing is a gimme in the NFL and no team should really be taken lightly. If he's ready to play then get his ass in there. I'm tired of hearing about how he's "almost ready"

Dumbest thing i've heard all day.

Nothing is a gimme in the NFL and no team should really be taken lightly. If he's ready to play then get his ass in there.

801372[/snapback]

This is entirely correct.

And does the original poster think the Bills are brimming with confidence after that ass whooping they just received that they can get bye without him?

Bull, if he's ready he plays. He's not a pansy.

800942[/snapback]

Sounds like what everyone was saying about the jets game. To paraphrase, "The Jets suck ass. The Bills will beat them senseless w/o TKO, save him for the Vikings."

Look how that turned out. As soon as he is healthy, he plays.

Lets face it, this team is not good enough to take anything for granted.

800942[/snapback]

If he can go full and hard on Th and Fri then I trust they make the right decision whatever it is but they are paid pros and if he can go full out for two or three days in a row there is no reason he can't go play in a dome.

They need to win this game not b/c it might help them go to the playoffs but b/c they are winless but this is the NFL and it is a road game. Also, there are not many 0-16 or 1-15 teams on a year to year basis. They will win some games.

It will hurt the confidence of this team in everyway if they don't take advantage of the opportunity in front of them to add a W. Go get it!

800942[/snapback]

The only way that what you are saying could make sense is if TKO was a bit iffy & we decide to start him. If he is truly healthy, it makes all the sense in the world to start him.