Swap the QBs

[quote name=ExiledInIllinois' date='Oct 8 2006, 11:22 PM

The day the city of Buffalo wins a championship will be a double edged sword... I almost dread it... We will be like Red Sox and Chicago fans!

:D:doh:

[/quote]

It seems like we have the dejected, whining, inferiority complex part down pretty good, now we just have to "learn how to win"! :P

799526[/snapback]

0:):D

Exactly!

:D:D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will you understand that this offensive line doesn't protect the QB?  But keep up with your comparisons if that makes you feel better about yourself.

799183[/snapback]

When it came to pass protection, I thought our offensive line did a decent job. Not a top-10 job, but not a bottom-10 job either. Yes there were times when individual linemen got beaten too quickly, but there were other times when Losman had pretty good time to throw. It's a step forward from last year, when sometimes the line looked like it wasn't there.

When it came to pass protection, I thought our offensive line did a decent job.  Not a top-10 job, but not a bottom-10 job either.  Yes there were times when individual linemen got beaten too quickly, but there were other times when Losman had pretty good time to throw.  It's a step forward from last year, when sometimes the line looked like it wasn't there.

799547[/snapback]

Good point.

The Bears went without Ogunleye, a feared pass rusher. They still managed 3 sacks (and a forced fumble), as well as countless pressures.

As for the running game, the leading rusher in the NFL was held to 50 yards, his longest run being all of 11. Most of these 50 he got on his own. Step forward, huh?

I happen to be one who enjoys your qb debates. Message boards were made for discussion. Having said that, if you were 10% as patient with JP as you are with these time tested stiffs, your screen name would surely be:

"JP Is Better Than Joe Montana In His Prime."

LOL!  JP's 2nd and 3rd start were worse than Grossman's 7th and 8th start?  You're REALLY reaching there, JDG.  And JP hasn't had a defense like Grossman has had the past 2 years.  Hell Kyle Orton and his 59.7 QB rating led the Bears to a 9-6 record last year, if that tells you anything.

I'm not excusing JP for his play, but Matt Hasselbeck, a Pro Bowl QB who was the best QB in the SB last year, looked just as bad.  And the whole TEAM stunk.  But again, the Bills are in the first year of a rebuilding year, with new schemes on offense and defense.  The Bears are in their 3rd year of a new regime.  See a difference?

799468[/snapback]

Sorry, but you are completely backwards. You are the person who argued that Grossman was just as bad in his first 8 starts as JP Losman. I pointed out that in just the first 12 games, JP Losman had *three* games that were worse than any game that Rex Grossman had. *YOU* are the person who tried comparing Losman's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games to Grossman's 7th and 8th starts.

As for Matt Hasselbeck, he had a bad game against the Bears - but there are different levels of bad. Hasselbeck managed to pass for 196 yards before getting pulled with 7:43 left in the game. By comparison, Losman managed a measely 89 yards - less than half! - on 10 of 22 passing.

JDG

Sorry JDG, for the team around Grossman and his prior starting experience, his games WERE essentially as bad. Spin it any way you like, but thems the facts. Put JP on the Bears this year, and they're 5-0 as well.

And Hasselbeck has been in Seattle's system for HOW long now? Again, for the team around him...

Keep at it though, you're winning everyone over.

I'm not sure what they are basing this on but I've read at least three NFL message board threads over recent weeks (not BIlls boards) where non-biased fans have stated that JP is the dumbest QB in football. Maybe it's that he is starting to turn it over a lot or he doesn't take the easy play when its there. I don't know but it's not encouraging when other fans think your QB is dumb.

My general opinion is that JP is getting better but 3 turnovers in any game is bad,,,,,twice in 3 weeks is very bad. That got Warner benched.

B/T/W i like JP but the Bears are not winning that Vikings game with JP at the helm instead of Grossman.

I'm not sure what they are basing this on but I've read at least three NFL message board threads over recent weeks (not BIlls boards) where non-biased fans have stated that JP is the dumbest QB in football.  Maybe it's that he is starting to turn it over a lot or he doesn't take the easy play when its there.  I don't know but it's not encouraging when other fans think your QB is dumb.

Other fans are dumb. :lol:

My general opinion is that JP is getting better but 3 turnovers in any game is bad,,,,,twice in 3 weeks is very bad.  That got Warner benched.

B/T/W i like JP but the Bears are not winning that Vikings game with JP at the helm instead of Grossman.

Yeah, no way JP beats the Vikings. <_<

Good point.

The Bears went without Ogunleye, a feared pass rusher. They still managed 3 sacks (and a forced fumble), as well as countless pressures.

As for the running game, the leading rusher in the NFL was held to 50 yards, his longest run being all of 11. Most of these 50 he got on his own. Step forward, huh?

I happen to be one who enjoys your qb debates. Message boards were made for discussion. Having said that, if you were 10% as patient with JP as you are with these time tested stiffs, your screen name would surely be:

"JP Is Better Than Joe Montana In His Prime."

799565[/snapback]

I agree that the run blocking wasn't there. You're also right in saying that there were times when the offensive line got beaten. I remember one play in particular when Gandy got beaten like an egg at a cooking competition; and I wouldn't mind seeing his position addressed early in the 2007 draft.

But there were a number of pass plays where the line looked like a real, legitimate NFL offensive line. It was certainly better than some of the putrid displays we'd become used to seeing last year. I'm not arguing that the current makeup of our line is the answer, because it probably isn't. But it is a step forward from where we were last year.

I agree that the run blocking wasn't there.  You're also right in saying that there were times when the offensive line got beaten.  I remember one play in particular when Gandy got beaten like an egg at a cooking competition; and I wouldn't mind seeing his position addressed early in the 2007 draft.

But there were a number of pass plays where the line looked like a real, legitimate NFL offensive line.  It was certainly better than some of the putrid displays we'd become used to seeing last year.  I'm not arguing that the current makeup of our line is the answer, because it probably isn't.  But it is a step forward from where we were last year.

799791[/snapback]

I noticed you weren't around much last week. I was pretty sure you'd be back this week.

You're a troll, nothing more and nothing less.

You're a troll, nothing more and nothing less.

799812[/snapback]

Let's see . . . I point out that the Bills' offensive line did a significantly better job in pass protection against Chicago than it did in many games last year. Your response to this observation is to call me a troll! :lol: If you keep this up, you'll win the tard of the week award. Oh wait . . . <_<

Let's see . . . I point out that the Bills' offensive line did a significantly better job in pass protection against Chicago than it did in many games last year.  Your response to this observation is to call me a troll!    :lol:    If you keep this up, you'll win the tard of the week award.  Oh wait . . .  <_<

799829[/snapback]

Your very PRESENCE is troll-like. You disappear when Losman has a good game and reappear when he doesn't.

You're a troll.

Your very PRESENCE is troll-like. You disappear when Losman has a good game and reappear when he doesn't.

You're a troll.

799837[/snapback]

After the Jets game, I acknowledged that Losman looked solid in that game. The only Losman-related comment I've made about the Chicago game is that the offensive line sometimes did a good job with pass protection, and at other times didn't. That's it. I haven't described Losman's performance against Chicago as a harbinger of bad performances to come, and I certainly haven't suggested this game was proof that I was right while others were wrong. In other words, I've shown a lot more self-restraint than some of Losman's more, um, vocal supporters did after the Jets game.

As I wrote after the Jets game, I intend to be relatively quiet about the QB position for the next few weeks. Once those weeks are over, we'll have a better idea as to what have or don't have in Jonathan Paul Losman.

Sorry JDG, for the team around Grossman and his prior starting experience, his games WERE essentially as bad.  Spin it any way you like, but thems the facts.  Put JP on the Bears this year, and they're 5-0 as well.

And Hasselbeck has been in Seattle's system for HOW long now?  Again, for the team around him...

Keep at it though, you're winning everyone over.

799633[/snapback]

That makes no sense. You have no idea how JP rates VS Grossman's intagibles. You can't say that Grossman and Lossman would do the same thing in the same situation.

Grossman doesn't lock on to one receiver, he sees the field. He hits his open men on deep routes.

The Bears D has been unbelievable this year, but Rex is having a fantastic year as well. There's no way you can infer that given the same set of circumstances that JP would perform the same way.

Its another excuse that you have to come up with when your QB performs mediocre at best. Just let it be. If he's going to make, he will. Your defending him like he's your first born has nothing to do with his success.

That makes no sense.  You have no idea how JP rates VS Grossman's intagibles.  You can't say that Grossman and Lossman would do the same thing in the same situation. 

Grossman doesn't lock on to one receiver, he sees the field.  He hits his open men on deep routes. 

The Bears D has been unbelievable this year, but Rex is having a fantastic year as well.  There's no way you can infer  that given the same set of circumstances that JP would perform the same way.

Its another excuse that you have to come up with when your QB performs mediocre at best.  Just let it be.  If he's going to make, he will.  Your defending him like he's your first born has nothing to do with his success.

799879[/snapback]

That's a difference, in this mythical team swap.

JP completes 9 to Evans (and tossed a number of more his way), 1 to Price, and 4 to the rb McGahee. His 1st int was a ball headed to Evans...the little bear cubs up in the booth had figured out what was going on. IIRC, he spread them around against MIN.

Grossman hit 8 different receivers.

You're a troll.

799837[/snapback]

<_< He's making intelligent points and your response is to call him a troll. No matter what they post, everyone jumps on HA and JDG immediately and without a second thought. You're looking like far more of a troll than he is right now.

That makes no sense.  You have no idea how JP rates VS Grossman's intagibles.  You can't say that Grossman and Lossman would do the same thing in the same situation. 

Grossman doesn't lock on to one receiver, he sees the field.  He hits his open men on deep routes. 

The Bears D has been unbelievable this year, but Rex is having a fantastic year as well.  There's no way you can infer  that given the same set of circumstances that JP would perform the same way.

Its another excuse that you have to come up with when your QB performs mediocre at best.  Just let it be.  If he's going to make, he will.  Your defending him like he's your first born has nothing to do with his success.

Last year Kyle Orton led the Bears to a 9-6 record and could have led them to 10-6 AS A ROOKIE. So yeah, I CAN say that JP would be undefeated with the Bears and that defense, especially if he was in his 2nd year in the offense.

As for seeing the field and not locking-onto one WR, JP's been spreading the ball around all season long. Yesterday he had so many drops from the WR's not named Evans, he stopped looking for everyone else.