We HAVE to Ditch the Clown Uniforms

Moose

The game isn't on TV here, but every "highlight" they show of the Bills-Bears game makes me sick... and it isn't just because of the Bills' ineptitude today. Our team goes to a storied NFL stadium, playing against an old-school team with a classic look and throwback-style play - and we look (and play) like frickin' Ass Clowns!!!

Damn it, I cannot stand those hideous yoke uniforms! What is our record in those anyway? I bet it's something like 5-40 or even worse.

I believe how a team looks is an important factor in how a team plays. It has to do with pride and self-respect. These away uniforms are a joke (so are the home ones, but not as bad) and they have to go!

Well, our only winning season since 1999 came in them in 2004, so I'll bet we're a little better than 5-40. When we have an offseason with nothing else to worry about, we can talk about the uniforms. When we lose, I'd rather the team focus on the players and the game plan.

I agree they looked like clowns today and I don't like the uniforms. However, there is a league mandated rule that says a team can't change a uniform set within 5 years of a previous change. The Bills first season with this set was in 2002 meaning that next year we have the ability to change. I have every reason to believe that the new leadership will bring back some sort of classy look for the Bills next year.

I agree they looked like clowns today and I don't like the uniforms. However, there is a league mandated rule that says a team can't change a uniform set within 5 years of a previous change. The Bills first season with this set was in 2002 meaning that next year we have the ability to change. I have every reason to believe that the new leadership will bring back some sort of classy look for the Bills next year.

799070[/snapback]

clown uniforms? wait, are you sure you weren't watching sabres highlights?

clown uniforms? wait, are you sure you weren't watching sabres highlights?

799072[/snapback]

no, he was talking about the bills... if he were mentioning the sabres, "winner's" would be in place of "clown" in his sentence.

Agreed. The outcry with the Sabres new uniforms, while deserved, was much louder than when the Bills first put these hideous things on display. I can't stand those uniforms, especially the road jerseys. Even the new Sabres jerseys are already starting to grow on me; the Bills' jerseys still look like crap all these years later. They were selling the authentic road Willis jersey this week for a cheap $89 and I still couldn't pull the trigger.

Hopefully we have new threads next year.

the Bills' jerseys still look like crap all these years later.

799249[/snapback]

Good graphic design always stands the test of time. Bad design becomes more and more obvious the longer it sees the light of day. (Take a really objective look at those Bears uniforms... they are purely classic.)

Hopefully we have new threads next year.

799249[/snapback]

Can I have an 'AMEN'? :D

Yeah that's it.  The Bills suck because of their uniforms.  :D

799252[/snapback]

That isn't what I said, my friend. What I was trying to say is that how a team looks is an essential part of the pride, confidence and self-respect that is one important factor in building a winning tradition.

A team can look great and lose badly [see the 2006 version of the New York Yankees :doh: ], but how many teams with putrid, hideous uniforms have you seen win a championship?

That isn't what I said, my friend. What I was trying to say is that how a team looks is an essential part of the pride, confidence and self-respect that is one important factor in building a winning tradition.

A team can look great and lose badly [see the 2006 version of the New York Yankees  :doh: ], but how many teams with putrid, hideous uniforms have you seen win a championship?

799276[/snapback]

That's exactly what you said and you just said it again. You're saying that a team with crap uniforms don't win championships. You honestly think that professional athletes will look at their uniform and say: "Ok, these look like crap, I look like crap, therefore I will not give 100%." Again my response is: :D

That's exactly what you said and you just said it again.  You're saying that a team with crap uniforms don't win championships.  You honestly think that professional athletes will look at their uniform and say: "Ok, these look like crap, I look like crap, therefore I will not give 100%."    Again my response is:  :D

799301[/snapback]

Okay, fair enough... perhaps that IS what I'm saying. Surely, one cannot look like mega-crap and play like a champion at the same time. My response is "How well did the Tampa Bay Bucs play in their old swishy swashbuckler uniforms?" :doh:

Be sure to scoll down to the Uniforms, Colors and Logos section about "Buccaneer Bruce!" [Worthy of note: the Bucs have never worn throw-back uniforms since abandoning their old look.]

Yeah that's it.  The Bills suck because of their uniforms.  :D

799252[/snapback]

Not what he was saying, just like school uniforms, if you look good, chances are you perform better. The only way tradional Bills uniforms would have helped us today was if they were filled with traditonal Bills (Wolford and Ballard would be a good start). Needless to say an ass-whooping like this looks worse in these ugly not even world leauge of American football unis.

Not what he was saying, just like school uniforms, if you look good, chances are you perform better.  The only way tradional Bills uniforms would have helped us today was if they were filled with traditonal Bills (Wolford and Ballard would be a good start).  Needless to say an ass-whooping like this looks worse in these ugly not even world leauge of American football unis.

799377[/snapback]

Implying that a teams uniforms affect their performance is idiotic at best. What the two of you are saying that the NFL players have self esteem problems.

Be sure to scoll down to the Uniforms, Colors and Logos section about "Buccaneer Bruce!" [Worthy of note: the Bucs have never worn throw-back uniforms since abandoning their old look.]

We can also show plenty of teams with classic style unis that have never won a championship.

The game isn't on TV here, but every "highlight" they show of the Bills-Bears game makes me sick... and it isn't just because of the Bills' ineptitude today. Our team goes to a storied NFL stadium, playing against an old-school team with a classic look and throwback-style play - and we look (and play) like frickin' Ass Clowns!!!

Damn it, I cannot stand those hideous yoke uniforms! What is our record in those anyway? I bet it's something like 5-40 or even worse. "

It simply amazes me that after a loss like this your biggest complaint is that our uniforms aren't cool enough. Did you check out the score, man? :D

I believe how a team looks is an important factor in how a team plays. It has to do with pride and self-respect.

Then the Sabres should be 0-3 in their banana slug sweaters

no offense, but between the Bills and the Sabres, Buffalo now has the distinction of having two of the ugliest uniforms in professional sports.

Bills -Bring back the blue jerseys from the 80's

Sabres - Bring Back the Gil Perrault era Blue and Gold and the original Sabre crest.

Okay, fair enough... perhaps that IS what I'm saying. Surely, one cannot look like mega-crap and play like a champion at the same time.  My response is "How well did the Tampa Bay Bucs play in their old swishy swashbuckler uniforms?"  :lol:

799342[/snapback]

yes, obviously the Buccs started winning back in the late 90's because they changed their uniforms, NOT because they hired Tony Dungy, Monte Kiffin installed/invented the Tampa 2 defense, and they collected quite a bit of talent.

;)

yes, obviously the Buccs started winning back in the late 90's because they changed their uniforms, NOT because they hired Tony Dungy, Monte Kiffin installed/invented the Tampa 2 defense, and they collected quite a bit of talent.

:lol:

800630[/snapback]

Nope it was uniforms

Good looking uniforms = Championships

Thats why the Sabres are 3-0 to start the season and have been picked to win the cup by about 60% of all the media

I really doubt the players are affected by having to wear an ugly jersey because I really doubt they care if they have an ugly logo, or if it doesn't follow the teams tradition

Not what he was saying, just like school uniforms, if you look good, chances are you perform better.

799377[/snapback]

Is it really the uniform or could it have to do with hte schools themselves?

Schools that require a uniform are usually schools with money and in more mid to upper class areas. You don't see schools in the lower class areas requiring uniforms. So are you saying that if those schools were given uniforms to wear, they would produce smarter students?

Is it really the uniform or could it have to do with hte schools themselves?

Schools that require a uniform are usually schools with money and in more mid to upper class areas. You don't see schools in the lower class areas requiring uniforms. So are you saying that if those schools were given uniforms to wear, they would produce smarter students?

800655[/snapback]

Not strictly true. Some here have gone to them - including what you mention, as lower class - to unify the kids, get some school spirit, to reduce the cost of keeping up with popular fashions.

I like the road jerseys, but they looked much better when they wore the blue pants with them as was originally designed. It made them red/white/blue from head to toe, so they look like America's team. If they're going to wear blue jerseys with blue pants, or white jerseys with white pants, they should at least make the side stripes on the jerseys and pants the same color/design.