SABRESSSSS WIN!

I cursed that ugly !@#$ Brind'Amour when he came out on the ice like he was JC or seomthing.

The way the announcers treated Brind'Amour you'd have thought if the ice melted he could have walked across the water.

Interesting comment by the announcers "You can't go out and buy players" isnt that what the losing team (AKA the Hurricanes) did?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comment by the announcers "You can't go out and buy players" isnt that what the losing team (AKA the Hurricanes) did?

796032[/snapback]

It was like the Sabres weren't even playing last night, according to OLN or whatever the hell they're calling themselves now. I really need to get the ticket.

Apparently there was a side bet on last spring's ECF that we weren't told about....

796036[/snapback]

Does any recall the guy who posted his uniform designs for the Sabers like two years ago on this board?

Man, they were sweet.

More like an updating of the one from the 1980's then a total makeover.

Kinda of like what the Rams to do theirs.

Please post those again so we can see them!

It was like the Sabres weren't even playing last night, according to OLN or whatever the hell they're calling themselves now. I really need to get the ticket.

796034[/snapback]

Won't help if the game is on OLN. When televised nationally CI won't have the feed and you have to endure the Chinese Water Torture known as OLN...er I mean Versus.

Also, when playing the SE division, for whatever reason CI usually has the feeds from those teams (TB, FLA, ATL, CAR, WAS), which comprise the 2nd level of hell when it comes to announcing. (The first is reserved for Joe Theismann.)

On a positive note, you will get plenty of games with Rick & Jim.

What a great win! It seemed like the Sabres were so much faster and better by the end. They imporoved as the game progressed. The Hurricanes looked slow and tired. We could have ended it several times in regulation near the end. What a great way to set the tone for the season.

Great win, awesome shootout. Our jerseys look horrendous tho. They dont look like OUR sabres. I'm still not buying anything with that logo on it. But damn its good to have more hackey back.

For a while i have been looking for a sabre to latch onto as my favorite. Its been a while. Right now i am definitely leaning toward Pominville or maybe miller.

I don't hate the jerseys.  They look better than the goat-head whites.  The logo?  ehhh.

I think the tide can be turned and this one can become our third once the alts start selling.

796222[/snapback]

True. I really dont like them, but if the logo was better, i could get used ot the jerseys themsevles. I'd have no problem with slapping the old logo (perhaps tweaking the colors ot match the jerseys) onto our new jerseys. I despise the slug almost more than anything.

Great game and glad to be back in Hockey season as well.

But we went something like 0 / 10 on the Power Play. That is going to cost us games later on. We need to work on that issue. And yes I know it's only after game 1 of the season. :devil:

Yes. Had to build up the bile for this season. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side. Let go of your emotions.

796025[/snapback]

You are already on the dark side. You root for the Yankees. Darth Jeter-man-lover. :devil:

I too despise the slug.

Great win for the Sabres last nite.

BTW - Darcy said that the Sabres cap number was $43.95 mil, just 50k less than the max. The number includes Connolly. I guess we really had no choice with respect to JP. Too bad. Good to see Golisano spend to the cap and not cheap out.

I too despise the slug. 

Great win for the Sabres last nite.

BTW - Darcy said that the Sabres cap number was $43.95 mil, just 50k less than the max.  The number includes Connolly.  I guess we really had no choice with respect to JP.  Too bad.  Good to see Golisano spend to the cap and not cheap out.

796259[/snapback]

Also hence the reason Paille is going to start the season in Rochester.

Boy, weren't there a few moments you wished we had Timmy Connolly down in their zone last night?

I, too, noticed the, ahem, sluggish, power play. I hope the loss of Scott Arniel isn't going to hurt us that much as the season progresses.

There's a design floating around where the buffalo is galloping straight at you and it has crossed sabres underneath. It looks awesome. Get rid of the slug and put that logo on -- we'll be one of the best looking teams on ice.

True. I really dont like them, but if the logo was better, i could get used ot the jerseys themsevles. I'd have no problem with slapping the old logo (perhaps tweaking the colors ot match the jerseys) onto our new jerseys. I despise the slug almost more than anything.

796235[/snapback]

Why should the logo match? The pants don't. It's like they read the retatta recipe and decided BF was the guy to design the uniform.

Also hence the reason Paille is going to start the season in Rochester.

Boy, weren't there a few moments you wished we had Timmy Connolly down in their zone last night?

I, too, noticed the, ahem, sluggish, power play.  I hope the loss of Scott Arniel isn't going to hurt us that much as the season progresses.

796264[/snapback]

The PP is going to be a work in progress without JP and TC. They moved the puck just fine but didn't get any bounces. I'm not worried about it. Spacek is going to help ALOT.