My satellite isnt working!

Guffalo

:D Turned on the television for pregame stuff, and "Searching for signal" came up, checked all connections, dinked around with the card, called Direct TV, nothing, it is cloudy, but me neighbor a mile away is getting signal.

IS there an internet way to see the game????

Seriously though, can't you call a service tech?

791005[/snapback]

My buddy, a Vikings fan is having a problem too! It is a little cloudy here as well, but no rain or anything...He will be joing a Bills crowd at the Tavern! Sorry man, Direc TV may have the NFL ticket, but you will never convince me it is a better product than digital cable...

Gee, my Time Warner Cable is working great.  :D

790999[/snapback]

With the problem that in Rochester, they don't offer fox in HD. Because they are effing stupid. Not offering a major network in HD? Stupid.

With the problem that in Rochester, they don't offer fox in HD. Because they are effing stupid. Not offering a major network in HD? Stupid.

791027[/snapback]

Same here, we don't get Fox in HD yet. At least I get the game today.

My buddy, a Vikings fan is having a problem too!  It is a little cloudy here as well, but no rain or anything...He will be joing a Bills crowd at the Tavern!  Sorry man, Direc TV may have the NFL ticket, but you will never convince me it is a better product than digital cable...

791024[/snapback]

You lose your picture when it rains or when it's cloudy?

If you have the HD package with Directv it isn't subject to the blackout. last weekend, while the Skins was blocked on the SD feed, I checked if they had the HD transmitted in HD. Sure enough. Of course it's local, so I didn't have to worry, but I was more curious than anything else.

If you only get local Fox in SD on the locals, check the HD grouping if you ordered that package.

if a hard reset (pull the plug, wait 5 minutes, plug back in) does not work, its probably something more serious, like your card got fried because your receiver is funky... ling term solution: new receiver. Short term solution: head to a bar... Bring your laptop so you can gain access to TBD... ladies love laptops at bars

if a hard reset (pull the plug, wait 5 minutes, plug back in) does not work, its probably something more serious, like your card got fried...  Time for a new receiver.  head to a bar

791052[/snapback]

How much for a new receiver?

1. Get dressed

2. Find keys

3. Get into car

4. Start car

5. Drive car

6. Stop at sports bar

7. Go into Bar

8. Demand Bills to be put on TV

9. Order Beer

10. Enjoy game

791012[/snapback]

Ok, here's what I did

1. Called Rkfast

2. Told him TV not working

3. Explained that due to technical difficulties, we would have to watch the game at his Mother-in-laws

4. Got splicing tools, crimper and new connector thingys from drawer

5. Began making chili to go to in case the Mother-in-law thing was really gonna happen

6. Opened door as Rkfast arrived with the look of panic

7. Handed him the tools as described above

8. Continued making chili.

9. Heard a cheer as signal came on.

10. Told everyone on TBD that the problem was solved.

Ok, here's what I did

1. Called Rkfast

3. Explained that due to technical difficulties, we would have to watch the game at his Mother-in-laws

5. Began making chili to go to in case the Mother-in-law thing was really gonna happen

791061[/snapback]

Sweet!

Ok, here's what I did

1. Called Rkfast

791061[/snapback]

That threat works every time, for every man. :D

Try repositioning the dish. It must have been moved somehow. In the maint. menus you get a signal meter and move the dish to pick up the signal.

791341[/snapback]

When we moved a few years ago, I made sure that thing was locked in solid, I terrified of heights, so I torqued the bolts so tight, the house would have to be lifted and moved "3 degrees" to make me actually lose a signal.

PS

RkFasts mother in law is here anyway.....