Well Spikes Said He'll See How Friday Goes

Buffalo Baumer

So much for the boost on Defense because he won't be there on Sunday. Too bad because if buffalo does not beat the Vikings, the season (playoff chances)) could be over after the Bears game.

789996[/snapback]

Where does this come from? I am not denying it or saying you are wrong, but according to the News and Chris Brown he did practice Wednesday and Thursday, the two most important days. Friday is more of a walk-through.

Linebacker Takeo Spikes (hamstring) and safety Matt Bowen (leg) are still questionable, but they moved another step closer to being ready for Sunday's game against the Vikings by participating in individual and team work for the second straight practice. They will be game-time decisions, Jauron said.

I just heard on WGR 550 that he did not practice today so I was assuming that was not good news.  I know he practiced the two previous days so I wonder if there was a setback.....

790034[/snapback]

I think they want to rest him on Friday because it's not important. It does say, however, that he is not completely back. It doesn't say he won't play.

Update: This KFFL blurb doesn't list a source but now it says he likely won't play. Who knows. It looks like he won't though. We need him.

Bills | Spikes unlikely to play Week 4

Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:12:49 -0700

Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes (hamstring) did not practice Friday, Sept. 29, and appears unlikely to play Week 4. Spikes remains listed as questionable.

I think they want to rest him on Friday because it's not important. It does say, however, that he is not completely back. It doesn't say he won't play.

Update: This KFFL blurb doesn't list a source but now it says he likely won't play. Who knows. It looks like he won't though. We need him.

790046[/snapback]

those hamstrings seem to always turn out to be 4 week injuries ...

its getting ridiculous now that he isnt playing.......sheesh

790159[/snapback]

What are you implying or thinking is ridiculous about it? It's a hamstring injury. Since the dawn of man no one has been able to easily predict how long it will take any person anywhere to recover fully from. Each one is different. Are you thinking perhaps Takeo Spikes is a kitty for not playing hurt? Or that Spikes is not hurt but the coaches are keeping him out for no reason? What possible explanation could there be for this except that he is not ready to play because his hamstring is still too sore?

What are you implying or thinking is ridiculous about it? It's a hamstring injury. Since the dawn of man no one has been able to easily predict how long it will take any person anywhere to recover fully from. Each one is different. Are you thinking perhaps Takeo Spikes is a kitty for not playing hurt? Or that Spikes is not hurt but the coaches are keeping him out for no reason? What possible explanation could there be for this except that he is not ready to play because his hamstring is still too sore?

790162[/snapback]

Hamstring injuries are bad and unpredictable....Steve Smith missed the

entire training camp and came back in game 3. Hines Ward missed training

camp and still is not fully recovered...

790162[/snapback]

I don't think people are accusing Spikes of faking anything or lacking heart - I bet that there is just frustration because he is someone who probably could have turned one if not both of those losses into Ws.

790162[/snapback]

I'd just like to see him sit out of practice totally until its healed. Coming in every week and practicing only to aggravate it and not play is pointless and only prolongs the recovery time.

I don't think people are accusing Spikes of faking anything or lacking heart - I bet that there is just frustration because he is someone who probably could have turned one if not both of those losses into Ws.

790200[/snapback]

I understand that, surely. Just wondered why anyone would say this was "ridiculous".

Sadly enough I think Spikes' career is over.  He will be missed tremendously but it's time to start looking and planning past him.

790327[/snapback]

I know it's an opinion , but that sounds ridiculous to me. So you're saying that the hammy injury is somehow a continuation last year's injury, from which he worked so hard and recovered from?

The thing with hamstring injuries is that if you remain immobile (and don't practice) the hamstring tightens up and could be more severely injured on the resumption of strenuous activities.

It's a fine line TKO is walking between practicing, keeping that hammy warmed up and overexertion.

I think this is going to be a season long concern and is likely related to his achilles injury (favoring one leg, or one leg being stronger than the other).

RTB

I know it's an opinion , but that sounds ridiculous to me. So you're saying that the hammy injury is somehow a continuation last year's injury, from which he worked so hard and recovered from?

790346[/snapback]

I don't think that TKO is necessarily finished, but imo the Bills need to address the LB position in a big way in 07, even if we are able (fingers crossed) to re-sign Fletcher. We need some youth and depth there.

All of you guys who belly-ache about not drafting early round blockers should take note of the above, OK? :D