Bills programming on radio/television

Lori

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Some of that stuff will soon be two years out of date, and I don't think I backed up the changes I made last year...

Thinking about adding a section for podcasts and such -- the guys at the D+C do one, Chuck Pollock's on WLVL with Doug Young once a week (and I'm hoping they'll also put some of Brad's interviews on WECK up once they get their new site online), and of course, bb.com multimedia and GR's Audio Vault. Good idea?

Ugh. Some of that stuff will soon be two years out of date, and I don't think I backed up the changes I made last year...

Thinking about adding a section for podcasts and such -- the guys at the D+C do one, Chuck Pollock's on WLVL with Doug Young once a week (and I'm hoping they'll also put some of Brad's interviews on WECK up once they get their new site online), and of course, bb.com multimedia and GR's Audio Vault. Good idea?

That would be great.

Maybe SDS would allow you to update front page of TBD with that information in a media block when it changes.

Maybe SDS would allow you to update front page of TBD with that information in a media block when it changes.

Yeah, I was just looking at those boxes, and they could probably use a refurb. Of course, it's easier to just tack stuff at the top of the board, but more people might see/use it if it's out front. I'd need a separate page if I want to keep the program listings, though.

I'll probably wait until the PDs set their lineups for the upcoming season to make any major changes...

Yeah, I was just looking at those boxes, and they could probably use a refurb. Of course, it's easier to just tack stuff at the top of the board, but more people might see/use it if it's out front. I'd need a separate page if I want to keep the program listings, though.

I'll probably wait until the PDs set their lineups for the upcoming season to make any major changes...

For me the best news is that WHAM 1180 AM has the Bills broadcasts back.

Seems like WCMF 96.5 is imploding, at least concerning the things that I care about!

Seems like WCMF 96.5 is imploding, at least concerning the things that I care about!

Remember back around 1980 and it seemed everyone in Rochester had one of those WCMF baseball jerseys, the white body with the colored 3/4 sleeves? I think I had a one with navy sleeves and one with dark green...

I think I had hair back then too! :)

• 5 months later...

Okay, folks, most of the schedules have been updated for the 2008 season, and I hope to receive the rest shortly. Thanks to Brad, Andy Roth, and John Hager for the information on their respective stations.

Okay, folks, most of the schedules have been updated for the 2008 season, and I hope to receive the rest shortly. Thanks to Brad, Andy Roth, and John Hager for the information on their respective stations.

WGR is broadcasting from Danny's at 20A and Abbott, not from Milligans. This is where they were for the pregame show and what they are talking about on air.

WGR is broadcasting from Danny's at 20A and Abbott, not from Milligans. This is where they were for the pregame show and what they are talking about on air.

Oh yeah? Andy did not mention that in his e-mail, and I don't see any location at all listed on their Web site. Thanks much.

No surprise, now that I think about it. Seems like they move EVERY year ...

Oh yeah? Andy did not mention that in his e-mail, and I don't see any location at all listed on their Web site. Thanks much.

No surprise, now that I think about it. Seems like they move EVERY year ...

I listen most every day, except for when I change the dial at 6 and listen to Brad, it is definatly Danny's this year. I can't find anything on their website either, if I were Danny's I would want a little bit more exposure. The last Dining Deal was for Danny's if that is worth any credibility.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So is it true that there is no way to get a streaming audio of the game on the web except for paying for it?

I live somewhere down south and the Bills are never on TV here unless it's a Sunday or Monday night game. So usually I go to a sports bar. Last week I couldn't make it and found myself watching the play by play on NFL. com. It's a kinda painful way to take in a game - web radio would be nice but I'm a cheapskate!

If you have a Sprint phone and subscribe to their NFL service you can get radio through your phone - you should have an unlimited minutes plan though or you could out yourself in the poor house. When there was a power outage at the Ralph this is how I kept up with the game. Also, if you are going to a bar you probably are spending enough to just get DirectTV and the NFL package. This is what I did.

If you have a Sprint phone and subscribe to their NFL service you can get radio through your phone - you should have an unlimited minutes plan though or you could out yourself in the poor house. When there was a power outage at the Ralph this is how I kept up with the game. Also, if you are going to a bar you probably are spending enough to just get DirectTV and the NFL package. This is what I did.

The audio is almost always posted at

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

They, occasionally, have a video link, as well.

Video links are almost always available (at least they have been in past years) at one or more of the following:

http://homertv.webs.com/apps/auth/login?wh...OTECT-index.htm

(You have to register to use Homer TV now. It may take a day or more to complete the process, so get prepared early.)

Or in this forum:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/

There should be a thread titled "[streaming Thread", with the current NFL wk. For example, here is the thread for Wk #1 this season (2009):

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/42964...n-week-1-a.html

Scroll down to the matchup you are looking for, and confirmed streams will be listed.

They also list the weekly streams in another format. Here is an example from Wk #1 this season (2009):

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?compet...mericanfootball

Some of these streams are now using a new system that requires the user to install a small program (Stream Torrent). The details are here:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/streamtorrent/421...eamtorrent.html

EDITED 9/12/2009

• 9 months later...

All right, time to drag this up from the depths for another season of Bills football. Most of the schedules have been updated; as always, any additions/corrections are appreciated. Thanks, as always, go to Brad Riter, Andy Roth, Howard Simon, John Hager, and John DiTullio for their assistance.

• 3 weeks later...