I dont care about his numbers.....my hat goes

I'm not saying anything bad about him, because what he did today was much better than last week, and 1000 times better then any of the retard bull sh-- he's been doing for the last year and a half.

776665[/snapback]

Revenge of the Pud!

Let me put it this way. He's got exactly 4 fewer turnovers and 1 more TD than the "savior" Culpepper.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, his numbers dont reflect the 80 yard TD to Evans that would have been if not for PI.

Well managed game, i agree.  Did not make the big mistake, and played a smart game.  I can live with that.

First off, let me say that I think Losman played better than his 80+ passing yards on the day would seem to indicate. Still, the pass to Evans was a little overthrown, and I didn't think he would have caught it even without the pass interference.

First off, let me say that I think Losman played better than his 80+ passing yards on the day would seem to indicate.  Still, the pass to Evans was a little overthrown, and I didn't think he would have caught it even without the pass interference.

777088[/snapback]

I don't think it was overthrown at all. Twice today Evans was open and decided to slow down instead of simply running under the ball. If Evans keeps running full speed it's an easy TD as the defender doesn't run up his back.

First off, let me say that I think Losman played better than his 80+ passing yards on the day would seem to indicate.  Still, the pass to Evans was a little overthrown, and I didn't think he would have caught it even without the pass interference.

777088[/snapback]

There was a TD pass to Evans in the preseason that looked at first as though it was overthrown. Evans kicked it up another gear and caught the ball for a touchdown. The announcers (Tasker?) were sure it was overthrown and they were amazed at Evans speed. If he did not get hit by the defender, I am sure he had the TD, no doubt in my mind.

Kudos for being a game MANAGER today.....

Our defense was dominating.....he didn't throw the game turning pick....he threw the ball away when he needed to.....he threw one td and COULD have thrown 2 more.....

JPL was solid....against a good defense in their den.....he is learning how to win.

Cant wait to see him next week.

776633[/snapback]

If 83 yards is "solid", I'd hate to see what you think a "mediocre" day looks like....

JDG

If 83 yards is "solid", I'd hate to see what you think a "mediocre" day looks like....

JDG

777291[/snapback]

Did you watch the game, or just read the stat line? 83 yards, 1 TD, and no turnovers in a game in which the Bills never trailed, controlled the tempo with the running game and defense, and won on the road.

The Bills didn't need a Manning performance today, they needed a Roethlisberger performance, and Losman delivered.

JDG

777291[/snapback]

IMO "mediocre" would we today's performance....with a pick.

Controlling the game with no turnovers & a QBR of 90 is "solid".

183 yards I might call "very solid" or "good"....

& 2 TDs "top" or "very good"

Why all the quibbling over how one words his performance?

We won the game....JP didn't stuff up....he is showing improvement as he progresses....why worry whether it was "solid" etc?

solid=workmanlike

Did you watch the game, or just read the stat line?  83 yards, 1 TD, and no turnovers in a game in which the Bills never trailed, controlled the tempo with the running game and defense, and won on the road.

The Bills didn't need a Manning performance today, they needed a Roethlisberger performance, and Losman delivered.

777299[/snapback]

Of course, Roethlisberger's two worst passing days in his career so far were 93 yards and 133 yards in 26 games. Yesterday was Losman's fourth game with less than 133 yards in 11 games.

JDG

Of course, Roethlisberger's two worst passing days in his career so far were 93 yards and 133 yards in 26 games.    Yesterday was Losman's fourth game with less than 133 yards in 11 games. 

JDG

777464[/snapback]

Hey, asshat....they WON!

90.7 QB rating and a W.

WTF else do you want? You are the ass off the year. Congratulations.

Hey, asshat....they WON!

Yes, it was a win. But that win had more to do with Culpepper's implosion and Buffalo's overall performance on defense, special teams, and the running game than it did with the passing game. Losman averaged 4.6 yards per attempt yesterday, which isn't exactly what you want from your quarterback. Trent Dilfer's career average is 6.6 yards per attempt.

As for Losman's pretty rating . . . last year people complained that Holcomb would inflate his rating by throwing five yard passes on 3rd and 13. Well guess what? Losman had 11 completions yesterday. Of those 11, three were 3rd down completions that were short of the first down marker.

On 3rd and 12, Losman completed an 8 yard pass to Josh Reed. Later he faced 3rd and 8, and completed a 6 yard pass to McGahee. At another point he faced 3rd and 14, and completed a ten yard pass to Peerless Price. Those three plays represent 27% of his completions, and 28% of his passing yardage.

Did Losman embarrass himself? No. He didn't turn the ball over or do anything to lose the game. On the other hand, he didn't do much to help win the game either. Against an imploding Culpepper, an overmatched Mularkey, and the Dolphins' horse manure offensive line, the Bills didn't really need much of a passing game to win. Not all our opponents will be this easy.