I dont care about his numbers.....my hat goes

Don't waste your breath.

Nobody takes what you,  and a couple of others say seriously,  when it comes to the QB position.

Some of you are bias,  the others just plain moronic.

778364[/snapback]

Why is it that anyone who presents a point-of-view that isn't pro-Losman, they can expect to have both their allegiance to the team and their intelligence brought into question?

I myself like Losman and I think we've found our quarterback. I can't really explain it, I get confidence more in watching him than in anything I see in the numbers. I liked his performance against Miami, and I think alot of the lack of passing yards people are complaining about comes from the 2nd half play-calling, which involved us going into a shell. That play-calling cost us the New England game, but Miami is so bad they couldn't take advantage of it.

In the future, we're going to have take shots downfield every once in awhile or teams will overcome us in the 2nd half as the Pats did. Once we decide to open things up a bit, you'll see JP's yardage totals closer to that of Roethlisberger. The one deep ball we did try against Miami resulted in a long pass interference call. This team can throw deep, and once they do so consistently JP's stats will resemble that of a real quarterback.

Patience, Holcomb's Arm. Let the coaching staff bring things along slowly.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that anyone who presents a point-of-view that isn't pro-Losman, they can expect to have both their allegiance to the team and their intelligence brought into question?

778664[/snapback]

You haven't been here long enough to understand, in regards to this poster.

The thing that I will never understand from the detractors of Losman is this.....

When he plays the gunslinger.....throws the ball all over the place...runs all over the place....and the team LOSES then he sucks because he isn't managing the game......

When he plays conserv and uses his run game, makes throws when they are needed, and doesn't turn the ball over then we need "MORE PRODUCTION"

I mean....WTF....

In game one Losman goes into patriot land and he (and his team) damn near pull out a win.....shocking everyone

In game two Losman (and his team) go into finland and nearly blank the home team (which we do not do well against at this time of year) and plays mistake free ball coming out with a win.....

What is going to happen in game 3? If in game 3 Losman goes in and does exactly what he did in game 1 and 2 and comes out with a win are the detractors still gonna B word?

The TRUE answer is those detractors are waiting for JPL to have BAD game (which he will probably have in the near future) and then they will be reaming him up and down.....

Folks....this team is doing better then most realized (I thought with some lucky bounces we could go 9-7) but most were talking about who we were going to pick with the first pick of next years draft.....

The team is exactly what I thought it was going to be....a young scrappy team that is making it fun to watch but will not go to the show this year......

Funny.  I must have missed the part where you were elected to speak for the whole board.  I'm sure you speak for yourself, and for Ramius, and a few other core Losman supporters.  But there are others who partially or wholly agree with me, or else are actually capable of showing a little respect even when opinions differ.

778657[/snapback]

I have zero respect for you.

I'm a Bills fan, not a Losman supporter. (I think I could say the same about most who post here)

Finally, you have shown yourself to be a Losman hater first and foremost. I have zero respect for trolls like you, and wish you'd either pipe down, or take a hike.

Being a free country, I have no choice whether you post or not. From here on out, I will refuse to respond to anymore of your extra chromosome laced posts.

If only we could know!

In the future, we're going to have take shots downfield every once in awhile or teams will overcome us in the 2nd half as the Pats did. Once we decide to open things up a bit, you'll see JP's yardage totals closer to that of Roethlisberger. The one deep ball we did try against Miami resulted in a long pass interference call. This team can throw deep, and once they do so consistently JP's stats will resemble that of a real quarterback.

778664[/snapback]

The Bills actually attempted at least two deep pass plays in the Miami game. I don't know how many times you think teams are supposed to throw the deep ball, but given the way that game went, two seems like plenty. We aren't the St. Louis Rams.

JDG

First off, let me say that I think Losman played better than his 80+ passing yards on the day would seem to indicate.  Still, the pass to Evans was a little overthrown, and I didn't think he would have caught it even without the pass interference.

777088[/snapback]

Just watched the replays on nfl.com: that was 6 pts all the way, IMO.

kj

The thing that I will never understand from the detractors of Losman is this.....

When he plays the gunslinger.....throws the ball all over the place...runs all over the place....and the team LOSES then he sucks because he isn't managing the game......

When he plays conserv and uses his run game, makes throws when they are needed, and doesn't turn the ball over then we need "MORE PRODUCTION"

I mean....WTF....

In game one Losman goes into patriot land and he (and his team) damn near pull out a win.....shocking everyone

In game two Losman (and his team) go into finland and nearly blank the home team (which we do not do well against at this time of year) and plays mistake free ball coming out with a win.....

What is going to happen in game 3?  If in game 3 Losman goes in and does exactly what he did in game 1 and 2 and comes out with a win are the detractors still gonna B word?

The TRUE answer is those detractors are waiting for JPL to have BAD game (which he will probably have in the near future) and then they will be reaming him up and down.....

Folks....this team is doing better then most realized (I thought with some lucky bounces we could go 9-7) but most were talking about who we were going to pick with the first pick of next years draft.....

The team is exactly what I thought it was going to be....a young scrappy team that is making it fun to watch but will not go to the show this year......

778672[/snapback]

John:

I'm totally excited about beating Miami (one of the two most important games of the season.) I predicted 9-7 for the Bills this year, with a possible shot at the playoffs if we could "steal" one of our two opening road division games. Well, we've now done that (and should have stolen both!)

Here's the thing with your Losman conundrum. If Losman is playing the gunslinger, and not playing well, and we lose - he's naturally going to be criticized. What concerned me about the Miami game is that by my observations of the game, the coaches made a mid-game adjustment to take the game out of Losman's hands as much as possible. After the first couple series, they tried to call as many pass plays as possible did not require Losman to make decisions - swings, screens, quick slants, and the occasional bomb. Great coaching move (it won us the game), and kudos to Losman for not messing that up (but you'd have to be really bad to mess that up, eh?) You'll just have to forgive me for not getting *excited* about it.

Let me put it this way - Losman's performance thus far in 2006 has been compared to Trent Dilfer's for the 2000 Ravens. Its an interesting point. But really, did we invest a 1st, a 2nd, and a 5th round pick into JP Losman to get Trent Dilfer circa 2000? My thinking is that we invested those picks in Losman in order to put the game into the hands of the guy, not to be taking the game out of his hands. If we wanted to do that, we could have signed Damon Huard (18 of 23 for 133 yards - albeit with 2 fumbles, one lost, in a tough road game in Denver against a very good defense) and saved some serious draft picks.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd like to believe that it is possible to be:

a) excited as heck about beating Miami on the road, and

b) concerned that Losman doesn't appear to be where we would want him to be at this stage of his development, given his contract, his draft status, and our other options at QB

all at the same time.

JDG

[

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd like to believe that it is possible to be:

a) excited as heck about beating Miami on the road, and

b) concerned that Losman doesn't appear to be where we would want him to be at this stage of his development, given his contract, his draft status, and our other options at QB

all at the same time.

JDG

778729[/snapback]

You've taken time to write a pretty thorough analysis. Everything written seems fair. As an objective person, the only issue I'd take is that if you're going to keep a Losman meter, it should be updated to be accurate. It's like Dan Blather and his report on the President a while back--it might all be true, but but your motives come into question when certain facts are inaccurate...

And regarding his development and where we would want him to be---I'd agree it'd be nice to see him further down the road, but that team last year was in shambles.

The Bills actually attempted at least two deep pass plays in the Miami game.    I don't know how many times you think teams are supposed to throw the deep ball, but given the way that game went, two seems like plenty.  We aren't the St. Louis Rams.

JDG

778720[/snapback]

Come on now, the playcalling in the 2nd half was easily too conservative. I don't think they threw a deep ball the whole half, but let's forget about the deep ball. They weren't even throwing the intermediate routes anymore. There was a time in the late 3rd where I found myself whining at the TV to just throw one ball somewhere downfield. It doesn't necessarily have to be a bomb, just something to create some space in the defense. This way they can't crowd the line and each individual Dolphin won't be looking for the run every play. This will help McGahee in the 2nd half, too.

Against the Dolphins it didn't matter that we went into our shell, but in the coming weeks at some point the coaches will have to let JP do his thing in the 2nd half. As I've said, ultra-conservative 2nd half playcalling has already cost us 1 game this year. Also, when we do continue throwing intermediate-deep routes once in awhile into 2nd halves, we will account for Holcomb's Arm's yardage difference between Losman's numbers and a Dilfer/Roethlisberger type of game.

Come on now, the playcalling in the 2nd half was easily too conservative. I don't think they threw a deep ball the whole half, but let's forget about the deep ball. They weren't even throwing the intermediate routes anymore. There was a time in the late 3rd where I found myself whining at the TV to just throw one ball somewhere downfield. It doesn't necessarily have to be a bomb, just something to create some space in the defense. This way they can't crowd the line and each individual Dolphin won't be looking for the run every play. This will help McGahee in the 2nd half, too.

Against the Dolphins it didn't matter that we went into our shell, but in the coming weeks at some point the coaches will have to let JP do his thing in the 2nd half. As I've said, ultra-conservative 2nd half playcalling has already cost us 1 game this year. Also, when we do continue throwing intermediate-deep routes once in awhile into 2nd halves, we will account for Holcomb's Arm's yardage difference between Losman's numbers and a Dilfer/Roethlisberger type of game.

778742[/snapback]

Disagree. Why force something that's not needed? The defense was controlling their side of the ball. It's the second game of the season, on the road, against a division rival. The game plan was effective, it worked, and in week three, we continue to work on rebuilding at 1-1.

Disagree.  Why force something that's not needed?  The defense was controlling their side of the ball.  It's the second game of the season, on the road, against a  division rival.    The game plan was effective, it worked, and in week three, we continue to work on rebuilding at 1-1.

778754[/snapback]

We let them hang in the game, instead of staying aggressive and looking to put the game away. We should have had more than 16 points in that game, and if Miami found a way to overcome the defense and come back and win, the fault would lie (for the 2nd consecutive week) with our 2nd half playcalling. You say it wasn't needed, and I say we're lucky it wasn't needed, and in future games this year it will be. I hope the coaching staff recognizes this and the next time we have a 2nd half lead we're a bit more aggressive.

all at the same time.

JDG

778729[/snapback]

:blink:

Seriously, step away from the ledge. Look at what you are saying with a bit of rational thought and objectivity for once....

-"This stage of his development": Okay, 10 starts. You're right. He should be in the Hall Of Fame already. Brilliant.

-"Our other options at QB".... :blush: Because Holcomb thrived in this new vertical offense in camp and the preseason and Nall is a stud who couldn't stick as the number 3 in Greenbay. Again, brilliant. :doh:

Sigh.

We let them hang in the game, instead of staying aggressive and looking to put the game away. We should have had more than 16 points in that game, and if Miami found a way to overcome the defense and come back and win, the fault would lie (for the 2nd consecutive week) with our 2nd half playcalling. You say it wasn't needed, and I say we're lucky it wasn't needed, and in future games this year it will be. I hope the coaching staff recognizes this and the next time we have a 2nd half lead we're a bit more aggressive.

778760[/snapback]

In a different senario, I'd agree with you 100%. I agree that 16 points wasn't enough production with what all we had going for us yesterday, and that won't be enough in other games. We need to improve the line, and as they continue to play together, I'm confident they will. I don't see it as "lucky", I see it as strategic decision-making. It's like that non-field goal last week (and I supported the decision to go for it), we could have taken half-a-loaf, the coaches wanted to put the pats away. This week, slow and steady was the course. Certainly, one would hope the defense could maintain/contain the fins in Q4 given the play in Q1-3.

It wasn't flashy, but it worked.

Anyways, I felt our past coaching staff(s) struggled to adjust. After two games, I feel like this collective unit does. Perhapos that's why I'm willing to accept the conservative mindset yesterday. Plus, I have two friends who are fins fans and I always find cause to run into them after a win.

Why show all your cards in week 2?  We were winning and in control.  We didn't need to open the playbook up and tip our hand to what they may see in the next meeting.

778769[/snapback]

Interesting point. I as reading an article today and if mentioned PF held a few stunts/packages out of his playbook last week and ran them against the fish. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I had this odd psychic vision where Jerry Gray reads the article late at night, sits up, dials the phone and asks "Can you do that, Gregg? Can you mix up the blitz package like that???".

Maybe it's just me.

Come on now, the playcalling in the 2nd half was easily too conservative. I don't think they threw a deep ball the whole half, but let's forget about the deep ball. They weren't even throwing the intermediate routes anymore. There was a time in the late 3rd where I found myself whining at the TV to just throw one ball somewhere downfield. It doesn't necessarily have to be a bomb, just something to create some space in the defense.

778742[/snapback]

Sorry, I thought you were referring to bombs - not the mid-range down-the-field stuff. My mistake.

As you know, my theory is that the coaches intentionally did not want Losman attempting those kinds of throws. Hence the switch from a conservative gameplan to an ultra-conservative gameplan - which did, in the end, win the game for us.

JDG

-"This stage of his development": Okay, 10 starts. You're right. He should be in the Hall Of Fame already. Brilliant.

778771[/snapback]

No. I just think that as a third-year played in whom we invested a 1st and 2nd round pick, we shouldn't have to manage the game around him like we have Damon Huard at QB. Time will tell if this was just a situational thing this week on the road in Miami, or a longer-term lack of confidence in Losman by the coaches.

JDG

Sorry, I thought you were referring to bombs - not the mid-range down-the-field stuff.  My mistake.

As you know, my theory is that the coaches intentionally did not want Losman attempting those kinds of throws.  Hence the switch from a conservative gameplan to an ultra-conservative gameplan - which did, in the end, win the game for us.

JDG

778837[/snapback]

and there was a second shooter dressed like a hobo on a grassy knoll in dallas that day....

JDG

778840[/snapback]

JDG....what's up with The Losman-Meter???

It's starting to bug me heaps.

Any way you look at his stats, he does not have a 60.4 Rating as you state.

Do you need the QBR formula?

He has a 67.2 rating(career)

You said you choped off his 1st filler years stats....this gives him a 68.5 rating.