I dont care about his numbers.....my hat goes

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero respect for you.

I'm a Bills fan,  not a Losman supporter.  (I think I could say the same about most who post here)

Finally,  you have shown yourself to be a Losman hater first and foremost.  I have zero respect for trolls like you,  and wish you'd either pipe down,  or take a hike.

Being a free country,  I have no choice whether you post or not.  From here on out,  I will refuse to respond to anymore of your extra chromosome laced posts.

778678[/snapback]

It sounds like you have some serious anger management issues which you need to work through. Good luck with that. I'd tell you to lighten up a bit, and that this is just a discussion board. But I don't think that would do any good.

Why is it that anyone who presents a point-of-view that isn't pro-Losman, they can expect to have both their allegiance to the team and their intelligence brought into question?

I myself like Losman and I think we've found our quarterback.

A Losman supporter who's able to present his view with logic and reason, and without resorting to personal attacks. You're okay in my book.

What concerned me about the Miami game is that by my observations of the game, the coaches made a mid-game adjustment to take the game out of Losman's hands as much as possible.  After the first couple series, they tried to call as many pass plays as possible did not require Losman to make decisions - swings, screens, quick slants, and the occasional bomb.  Great coaching move (it won us the game), and kudos to Losman for not messing that up (but you'd have to be really bad to mess that up, eh?)    You'll just have to forgive me for not getting *excited* about it.

So JP should have...thrown the rock willy nilly? Did you FORGET last year's game in Miami? And do you THINK the coaches came up with the ENTIRE 2nd half gameplan at halftime and didn't adjust, based on the continued defensive domination in the 2nd half and the 16-0 lead? The long shot to Evans was in the 2nd half and set-up the TD to go ahead 10-0. Without JP being on-target with that throw, no PI, no TD, no 10 point lead.

And as for calling plays to remove JP having to make decisions, WHAT do you think the Pats did LAST weekend after the half with Brady? Yep, screens and loads of running plays.

What concerned me about the Miami game is that by my observations of the game, the coaches made a mid-game adjustment to take the game out of Losman's hands as much as possible. 

778729[/snapback]

Another brilliant analysis. The coaches were so concerned about JP and his lack of ability, they called his number inside the redzone when the game was still very much in doubt in the second half. The result? A TD pass to Reed.

This of course came one play after calling JP's number on a deep pass to Evans which resulted in a PI.

Yup. You're right. The coaches have no confidence in JP whatsoever.

As for Losman's pretty rating . . . last year people complained that Holcomb would inflate his rating by throwing five yard passes on 3rd and 13.  Well guess what?  Losman had 11 completions yesterday.  Of those 11, three were 3rd down completions that were short of the first down marker.

On 3rd and 12, Losman completed an 8 yard pass to Josh Reed.  Later he faced 3rd and 8, and completed a 6 yard pass to McGahee.  At another point he faced 3rd and 14, and completed a ten yard pass to Peerless Price.  Those three plays represent 27% of his completions, and 28% of his passing yardage. 

777893[/snapback]

You watch the game?

3rd and 12 from the Fins 35 complete, and 3 points on the much easier 45 yrd field goal instead of a 53 yard attempt.

3rd and 8 from the Buffalo 12 yard line complete for 6 yards. Maybe he should have waited a bit longer and taken the sack for the safety like last week?

But wait!!!!!! We were up 16-0 at this point. Smart play.

Finally,

3rd and 14 from the Mia 45 yard line. Again with the Bills up 16-0 Losman gets the Bills into field goal range with a 10 yard pass to Peerless. Bills coaches chose to punt because it was late in the game, but they could have gone for points again.

These are the same kind of plays that Bledsoe would have taken the sack and we would have been screaming at the screen about loosing points.

The bitching about Holcombs Arm last year was that he was doing this crap behind in the game.

Not only were the Bills ahead in the game, but 2 out of the 3 either gave us 3 points, or at least gave the coaches a decision to make.

Let me put it this way - Losman's performance thus far  in 2006 has been compared to Trent Dilfer's for the 2000 Ravens.  Its an interesting point.  But really, did we invest a 1st, a 2nd, and a 5th round pick into JP Losman to get Trent Dilfer circa 2000? 

JDG

778729[/snapback]

You don't invest those picks in a player and then throw him under the bus by putting the onus of winning on his shoulders on the road, against two division opponents, in his 9th and 10th starts of his career. That's what Mularkey would do and it isn't a good way of handling a young QB.

You're comparing what Losman has done with Dilfer but forgetting one key element to this. Losman has 10 career starts and Dilfer was a 10 year vet at the time. The Bills are bringing Losman along much like the Steelers brought Big Ben along, slowly. That's the right way to do it. I really can't fathom anybody that doesn't understand this.

Just to add to this, Roethlisberger's career average is 8.9 yards per attempt, as opposed to the 4.6 yards per attempt Losman had yesterday.

777919[/snapback]

Just to add to this, Losman's 4.6 yards per attempt last Sunday towers over Big Ben's 4.4 he posted on Monday. :shrug:

Watching JDG and Holcombs arm and their relentless pointless attack on losman is akin to watching Timmy and Jimmy on south park.

TIMM-MAH!!

779178[/snapback]

You're a Losman fanatic, and have anger issues.

Tons of people agree with them, you just don't hear from them.

Comparing them to a cartoon is disrespectful.

In all seriousness, sorry you had to get lumped in with me Ramius. I don't view either of us as Losman fanatics, but apparently we are.

I must have been confused, because I thought we were Bills fans, who were excited to win a division game on the road.

You're a Losman fanatic,  and have anger issues.

Tons of people agree with them,  you just don't hear from them.

Comparing them to a cartoon is disrespectful.

In all seriousness,  sorry you had to get lumped in with me Ramius.  I don't view either of us as Losman fanatics,  but apparently we are.

I must have been confused,  because I thought we were Bills fans,  who were excited to win a division game on the road.

779214[/snapback]

Yes, thats what i thought too. Who'd have thunk that the best person to give an honest assessment :pirate: on J.P. Losman is a poster by the name of "Holcomb's arm".

And if making fun of people who have a long and distinguished track record of going out of their way to bash our QB means i have anger issues, why then, yes i do.

It sounds like you have some serious anger management issues which you need to work through.  Good luck with that.  I'd tell you to lighten up a bit, and that this is just a discussion board.  But I don't think that would do any good.

778880[/snapback]

No anger issues, whatsoever.

I'm a treehugging pascifist, if you really need to know. Only fights I've been in, have involved 14 ounce gloves, with headgear on. Participating in that sport, has allowed me to deal with morons in a peaceful manner.

Problem is, I can't stand people who know so little, yet act like they know so much.

Guess you could say, it's a pet peave.

You watch the game? 

I did. After having watched it, it felt as though something was really missing from the passing game. I knew Losman's opportunities were a little limited, but even given that it felt as though he should have achieved more. The yards per attempt stat I calculated later confirmed what I already knew intuitively.

I'll grant your point that two of those Losman's throws helped with field goal position. I don't think many of Losman's supporters would have let Holcomb use that same excuse last year though. In fact, I feel the roles have been reversed, with Losman's supporters now arguing that it's better to get 5 yards on 3rd and 13 than it is to take the sack.

You argue that on the three 3rd down plays I talked about, completing a pass short of the first down marker represented good game management. But let's look at Losman's overall record on 3rd down in that game:

There were ten separate times when Losman was asked to drop back to pass on third down. Three of those times, he completed a pass short of the first down marker (the three passes I described earlier). Another three times, his pass attempt was incomplete. Then there were two times that he was sacked. There were only two times that whole game where a Losman pass converted a third down--a five yard pass, and later an eight yard pass.

Some people see Losman's performance in Miami as a reason to be excited about the quarterback position for the future. We're also supposed to be excited about how well Brian Moorman did on his six punts. I am quite pleased with Moorman, I just wish he didn't spend as much time on the field.

I'm a treehugging pascifist,  if you really need to know.  Only fights I've been in,  have involved 14 ounce gloves,  with headgear on.  Participating in that sport,  has allowed me to deal with morons in a peaceful manner.

779227[/snapback]

Just wondering.....how so? Did you box without throwing punches? :pirate::lol:

Just wondering.....how so? Did you box without throwing punches?  :pirate:  :lol:

779234[/snapback]

Come on now, I shouldn't have to tell you that boxing is a sport.

You tap gloves with your opponent before each round, and hug him when everything is done.

I never had any ill will towards an opponent, just tons of respect.