You guys are talented...

Dan Gross

I hate to bring up the Belichick word around here, but NO player in the Pats' organization would have made the sort of statements made by TKO.

Whether he was "blindsided" by the news or not, he has been in the league long enough to know to keep his mouth shut.  The right answer to any question about his reaction would have been, "I've just been told so the news has not had time to digest.  We'll miss Troy's experience on the field but the young guys will have to step up.  Next question."

That really is not too much to ask of a professional.

772612[/snapback]

Are you kiddin me? You haven't heard the rumblings this week from NE? You didn't hear the rumblings of/about Milloy? Of/about Law?

Pull your head out and smell the coffee! (i have no idea what that means, but i like it) Players talk, period.

What killed Buffalo last year was not players speaking their minds. It was horrible coaching, no plan and inconsistency in how they were dealt with and losing.

This isn't last year. Think Juron won't talk to Spikes? Think he might be more respected than meathead?

The reason we talk about last year is because the Bills friggin LOST. The reason you have forgotten about any controversy in NE is because they won.

Last year's team folded. I don't think this year's team will follow suit.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to bring up the Belichick word around here, but NO player in the Pats' organization would have made the sort of statements made by TKO.

Whether he was "blindsided" by the news or not, he has been in the league long enough to know to keep his mouth shut.  The right answer to any question about his reaction would have been, "I've just been told so the news has not had time to digest.  We'll miss Troy's experience on the field but the young guys will have to step up.  Next question."

772612[/snapback]

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/14/sports/f...=rssnyt&emc=rss

“I speak for myself when I say that I’m a very emotional person, and over the last four or five months it’s been draining,” Brady said. “Last week I spent a lot of energy thinking about it, and at the end of the week it really wasted a lot of my time and a lot of my energy. It was a big mental drain and I think it affected the way I played. I just didn’t feel like I brought as much to the table as I normally could.”

But Patriots players have seemed stunned at how Branch’s battle with management disintegrated. Defensive end Richard Seymour, who had his own contract standoff with the Patriots last year, said Monday that a lot of hearts were broken in the locker room when Belichick told players that Branch had been traded.

So they lost the game because Troy Vincent spoke out? 

Or because Belichick cut one of their team leaders RIGHT BEFORE their first game?

No stretch there.

772629[/snapback]

I don't know why Troy Vincent speaking would have any effect on the Pats, but ok... (I know you meant Law...) :(

The point is, that Law raising a fuss, didn't help. Spikes making a stink also, will not help. He should know that. He is a professional. When professionals do stupid things, they take criticism. It's really that simple.

I never did want to look at it that way," Spikes said. "But you have to be a realist about every situation that happens. If you write it down on paper or even say it out loud, it spells rebuilding. As much as you don't want it to be that way, ultimately that's the way that it is."

Guess I'm not as smart as some of you, but I always thought "rebuilding" in sports was a synonym for "we ain't gunna be that good", and I just do not think a vet leader should be saying things like that. So, guess you all would have no problem with TKO pulling a Hasek and saying"im nine years in, no playoffs, we are rebuilding, i want out now"

I know he didn't say that, and im not suggesting he will, only as a vet he should have looked at  what the Bills accomplished without himself and TV on the field on Sunday, and should think that if we can shore up things, we can get there"this year"

772639[/snapback]

Again...where in all of this has Spikes said he has given up on the season? I don't see it. Why? Because he never said it. And that is precisely what a bunch of us are bitching about.

He says he's disappointed. That becomes "He's quitting on the season." That becomes "im nine years in, no playoffs, we are rebuilding, i want out now."

If I were Spikes and heard some of these reactions I'd tell you all to !@#$ yourselves and head to a team where fans won't turn his words on him so viciously.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for acting like such a bunch of whinyass babies.

Wow, of all the Bills I could imagine showing up on the TSW "tar and feather" list I would have expected Takeo to be among the last.  But how fast folks turn. 

Don't give him a benefit of a doubt because he happened to be told about TV just before his presser, not getting a chance to let his emotional reaction die down before talking to the press.  Don't suggest how the press (let alone you numbskulls) would react to him taking the sage advice of "STFU" and saying "next question" when the press asks his reaction to TV being put on IR.  Nope, TKO has instantly turned from emotional leader of the team to locker room cancer, from physical specimen to constantly injured, from team leader to next out the door.

I'd use the word pathetic here, but it simply doesn't seem to be strong enough a word.

772581[/snapback]

As posted in another thread, remember that on thursday, the special ed. class uses the computer lab. That can explain some of these threads.

Again...where in all of this has Spikes said he has given up on the season? I don't see it. Why? Because he never said it.  And that is precisely what a bunch of us are bitching about.

He says he's disappointed. That becomes "He's quitting on the season." That becomes "im nine years in, no playoffs, we are rebuilding, i want out now."

If I were Spikes and heard some of these reactions I'd tell you all to !@#$ yourselves and head to a team where fans won't turn his words on him so viciously.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for acting like such a bunch of whinyass babies.

772698[/snapback]

La , why in the world would he say"ya hate to say it, it means rebuilding' if it did not carry an air of this season is toast. Like i said, i have no doubt that TKO will ALWAYS give 100%, that he is a consumate team player, and that he will still be a force on D.

Only, that as a vet LEADER, you should not say 'we are rebuilding" As fans, we get to say it, as players NO.

La , why in the world would he say"ya hate to say it, it means rebuilding' if it did not carry an air of this season is toast. Like i said, i have no doubt that TKO will ALWAYS give 100%, that he is a consumate team player, and that he will still be a force on D.

Only, that as a vet LEADER, you should not say 'we are rebuilding" As fans, we get to say it, as players NO.

772742[/snapback]

The chasm between "We're rebuilding" and "I quit on the season" is so wide, that to assume the two comments mean the same thing is just absolutely ridiculous. Sorry, Plenz...that's got defeatist fan written all over it.

On a scale of 1-10, it's a 12 on the JoeSixPack Panic-o-Meter.

Beautiful, Daniel. 

Finally, someone gets it.  It's not about pointing the finger @ people, it's about remembering how we're all Bills fans and not putting any fan above another.  It's these kind of posts that will bring us together and not keep us divided.

772615[/snapback]

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUUUUSSSSEEEE!!!!

Sorry, I'll shut up.  Spikes is acting like a spoiled child and needs a spanking.  Kumbaya and all that stuff.  Peace out.

772650[/snapback]

I hear the same kind of whining, complaining, and excuse making on my job from claimants. Good thing; job security.

772612[/snapback]

Thank you eball, my thoughts exactly. Why would he even be thinking rebuild. Guess losing by two points on the road in the opener spells doom for this squad. I am not saying that TKO should be out the door, but the "vet leader" in him should have surfaced and said just waht eball suggested.

And if that means to me the Bills are better squad without TV(which I think they are, and i have been saying that training camp LAST year), but Spikes wants to give up on the season, yes i have a problem with that, so count me as a passanger on the retard rollercoaster.

772618[/snapback]

Actually I can think of a few instances where Law, Brady, Branch, McGinist, and a few others actually spoke out against the Patriots.

But none-the-less. I dont care if they won the SB 2 years ago. We are NOT the Patriots and I hope we never are. for the 3 SB's they won, NOT running their mouth, there have been 30+ other teams who have ran a SB while running their mouth at full steam ahead. Heck how many did Terry Bradshaw win? And no one could keep him quit about stuff he disagreed with.