Vincent going to be on WGR in a couple minutes

theesir

Takeo is unhappy with the move.

You may recall that he also was very unhappy when lawyer was released.

771997[/snapback]

Spikes says I guess we're in rebuilding mode.

The conversation is about whether he would have used those words if he had a little more time to think about it.

Spikes says I guess we're in rebuilding mode.

The conversation is about whether he would have used those words if he had a little more time to think about it.

771999[/snapback]

The title of this article said "Vincent" was coming on WGR...Now inside we are talking about Spikes....Who was on WGR ?

The title of this article said "Vincent" was coming on WGR...Now inside we are talking about Spikes....Who was on WGR ?

772001[/snapback]

I am listening to the radio guys talking about Takeo's reaction. I don't know whether they interviewed him or played a clip.

I am listening to the radio guys talking about Takeo's reaction.  I don't know whether they interviewed him or played a clip.

772004[/snapback]

They had played a clip of Spikes in the locker room minutes after the Vincent IR announcement was made.

It is now 4:55 or so and Vincent has not called in yet.

They had played a clip of Spikes in the locker room minutes after the Vincent IR announcement was made.

It is now 4:55 or so and Vincent has not called in yet.

772009[/snapback]

If you read Chris Brown's blog, he comments that Spikes was told about Vincent as he was walking up to the mic, so you can imagine Spikes is disappointed because our D is obviously being built for the future.

This was less obvious with Vincent in there, so he would comment previously that "we aren't rebuilding, we're reloading."

Alas, Takeo...it is rebuilding, regardless of what you call it.

Troy is still not on. Paul Hamilton reported that Vincent asked Jauron if he could stay around and work with the young safetys.

772032[/snapback]

I know, but that is what he said. I thought that people might be interested in hearing that.

Troy is a professional.

Troy is still not on. Paul Hamilton reported that Vincent asked Jauron if he could stay around and work with the young safetys.

772032[/snapback]

I guess this is the end of Vincent's career as a Bill. So let's look at his accomplishments during his tenure...

1. Broke JP's leg

2. Locker room lawyer

3. NFLPA bigshot

That's all I can come up with.

Troy we hardly knew ye. Thanks for the coaching offer, but that's what we have COACHES for. :lol:

Says he talked to the front office and they AGREED that this was the best thing to do.

Teammates may be surprised, but they may not be aware of what was going on behind the scenes.

They need young legs and I am not fresh.

I'm a professional, its my responsibility to help these young men here grow as professionals and show them what it takes to be a professional. He will stay and help in any way the coaches wish, but will always defer to the coaches and ask if the advice he wants to give is OK.

I guess this is the end of Vincent's career as a Bill.  So let's look at his accomplishments during his tenure...

1. Broke JP's leg

2. Locker room lawyer

3. NFLPA bigshot

That's all I can come up with.

Troy we hardly knew ye.  Thanks for the coaching offer, but that's what we have COACHES for.  :lol:

772043[/snapback]

Don't forget the hours he spent on the field with young receivers and DB's after practice helping them. Evans two years ago in particular.

Says he talked to the front office and they AGREED that this was the best thing to do.

Teammates may be surprised, but they may not be aware of what was going on behind the scenes.

They need young legs and I am not fresh.

I'm a professional, its my responsibility to help these young men here grow as professionals and show them what it takes to be a professional

772047[/snapback]

Troy, you are the ultimate professional.

Don't forget the hours he spent on the field with young receivers and DB's after practice helping them.  Evans two years ago in particular.

772049[/snapback]

I'm forever grateful to him. What a true warrior. :lol: Bottom line...all I care about is what he did(or didn't do) on the field during regular season games.

He also has an eye to the future. I don't know if he wants to be a coach, GM, league or union executive, etc, but he's certainly not looking to offend anyone & this interview alone has to be worth a lot of points in any future NFL career. His "interview" has to be ten times better than Gregg brought to the table when he wowed TD.

He says he'll be back, and says he's on a form of injured reserve that he can come back from-but with another team, not the Bills in 4-6 weeks

He just said that he is on a form of IR called "Minor IR" and could return to play after 6 weeks.

They asked as follow up "with the Bills?"

He said no, with another team.

Interesting end of interview.

772058[/snapback]

It's the same thing they put Steve Christie on when they knew he wouldn't be ready for a couple weeks and then signed Jake Arians and eventually Shayne Graham.

It's the same thing they put Steve Christie on when they knew he wouldn't be ready for a couple weeks and then signed Jake Arians and eventually Shayne Graham.

772069[/snapback]

And also if I remember vaguley they did it with Travis Brown too.

And also if I remember vaguley they did it with Travis Brown too.

772072[/snapback]

Yep. It's like waiving the guy after the 4-6 weeks comes up. I think it is the Bills choice if they wish to waive him. They may not want to. But even the Bills probably don't know and will wait until watching Ko for 4-6 weeks.

He also has an eye to the future.  I don't know if he wants to be a coach, GM, league or union executive, etc, but he's certainly not looking to offend anyone & this interview alone has to be worth a lot of points in any future NFL career.  His "interview" has to be ten times better than Gregg brought to the table when he wowed TD. 

He says he'll be back, and says he's on a form of injured reserve that he can come back from-but with another team, not the Bills  in 4-6 weeks

772063[/snapback]

I think it's almost the perfect scenario to have TV around for the first half of the season or so to help the young guys in the secondary with breaking down tape, giving them tips, showing them how to carry themselves, etc. He can really help these guys get the "routine" down and fade out of the picture (maybe to another team to play) as they get more comfortable.