TV Freaks...

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One ticket to the 20-year high school Reunion of your choice. Either that or a dream date, in knee pads, with Paul Williams.

770871[/snapback]

What, no personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth nor Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number?

It seems to me that the first season of Simon and Simon they tried to use

double-casting with flashbacks of the young brothers played by younger

actors, but they abandoned that in the following seasons.

Probably not a basic premise though.

I have no idea what the show was, so I may not be much help, but I had a girlfriend once who watched a very "chick-flickish" type series that kind of revolved around racial tensions.  There were two main women characters, one white and one black, who had been friends since childhood.  I wouldn't say the show was completely based on rotating between two eras, but every show was full of flashbacks from their time as adults to their time as kids.

I really hated the show (too after school special for me), so I don't know the name, but it may jog someone elses memory.

770692[/snapback]

FYI, I found the name of the show....Any Day Now.

But Cold Case doesn't have recurring characters, or the main characters, at two different ages does it?

770858[/snapback]

No. The detectives are strictly present-day in the episodes I've seen. Not a bad show, though.

It wasn't that bad.  Sometimes it had naked boobs.

771009[/snapback]

And Buffalo born, former model Wendy Malick as Bonsall's wife. Late of "Just Shoot Me", she returns to network television this fall in... in... uh... some other awful crap.

I remember seeing promos on Showtime a couple years ago for a series called "Leap Years." Found this description:

"Leap Years is a unique show that takes a group of five friends living in New York and shows you what their lives are like in 1993, 2001, and 2008."

I remember it looked very "Thirty-something," very chickish. That it?

I remember seeing promos on Showtime a couple years ago for a series called  "Leap Years." Found this description:

"Leap Years is a unique show that takes a group of five friends living in New York and shows you what their lives are like in 1993, 2001, and 2008."

I remember it looked very "Thirty-something," very chickish. That it?

771261[/snapback]

Interesting. Thanks. Never heard of that, it must have been quite short lived or maybe hasn't aired yet. I will look it up.

(Edit: Seems like in aired in 2001 and had 20 episodes, with the writer of the pilot having the same last name as me. Creepy. :lol: )

I wasn't necessarily thinking of a particular show. I was just trying to find out if it had been done before because I "thought" I remembered something like that. I think I do recall seeing promos for "Reunion", which is what I was probably thinking of. But this one, Leap Years" is more along the lines of what I was thinking of for a new thing.

Interesting. Thanks. Never heard of that, it must have been quite short lived or maybe hasn't aired yet. I will look it up.

(Edit: Seems like in aired in 2001 and had 20 episodes, with the writer of the pilot having the same last name as me. Creepy.  :lol: )

I wasn't necessarily thinking of a particular show. I was just trying to find out if it had been done before because I "thought" I remembered something like that. I think I do recall seeing promos for "Reunion", which is what I was probably thinking of. But this one, Leap Years" is more along the lines of what I was thinking of for a new thing.

771266[/snapback]

Maybe you could get Brian Bonsall to star in it. That would be ironic given his last show.

Life on Mars (BBC America) sort of fits your premise, but not entirely.  A detective in 2006 is trying to solve a murder/dissappearence case, gets hit by a car (Bowie's "Life on Mars" is the song playing on his car radio when he get's hit) and he wakes up in 1973.  Now he's a detective in 1973, trying to use 2006 techniques to solve crimes, all the while trying to figure out whether he's really back in 1973, or in a coma.  He can hear his 2006 mother and 2006 doctors talking through his TV, etc, discussing whether they should pull the plug on him. 

Very, very cool show, which is apparently getting developed by David Kelly for a US adaptation, meaning the US version will suck a$$ compared to the Brit version.

Like I said, not entirely the same as hopping from time-to-time, but it fits some of your criteria.  Great soundtrack, too.  Plenty of Hawkwind, T.Rex, etc.

770708[/snapback]

Man I thought I was the only one the knew bbca even existed. I watch "Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares" all the time. Probably my favorite show right now. Life on Mars sounds interesting though. I'll have to check it out.

Man I thought I was the only one the knew bbca even existed.

771300[/snapback]

Does BBCA ever run Dennis Potter's final two minis "Karaoke" and "Cold Lazarus" ? The second one might be in Fair and Balanced's wheelhouse. More sci fi than realist flashback in form, Albert Finney's frozen head is in a jar experiencing memories that play as scenes from throughout his life.

I remember it more as a near death screenwriter's final dig at an industry and society that he didn't much care for. Potter died in around '95 and didn't get to see the finished work, or so the story goes.

Does BBCA ever run Dennis Potter's final two minis "Karaoke" and "Cold Lazarus" ? The second one might be in Fair and Balanced's wheelhouse. More sci fi than realist flashback in form, Albert Finney's frozen head is in a jar experiencing memories that play as scenes from throughout his life.

I remember it more as a near death screenwriter's final dig at an industry and society that he didn't much care for. Potter died in around '95 and didn't get to see the finished work, or so the story goes.

771335[/snapback]

That one sounds pretty damn interesting. Although it's my contention that Albert Finney's head has been frozen in a jar for quite some time now.

It wasn't that bad.  Sometimes it had naked boobs.

771009[/snapback]

I think that show was actually on HBO...I remember wathcing it, because I always thought Wendy Mallick was "hot"....at the time, I didn't even realize that she was from Buffalo, and went to school with one of my cousins...she has aged well too!

It sounds like that Leap Year might be the show in question but in terms of traveling through time the only show that I found enjoyable was Quantum Leap. Of course it wasn't the same character week to week except toward the end of it's run when the main guy Sam leaped back into his own life.