Why, Willis Why

I 90

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't know it was 4th and one ? You thought it was 3rd and one ?

Why say it out loud and ruin my day. I thought it was the little things that got the Bills beat. That is a pretty big one.

You had two hours to figure out something to say, but that dribbles out.

768368[/snapback]

While I have not been a big Willis fan in the past few years -- okay starting last year --- and I am still not, I don't see why he should try any harder on 4th and 1. Maybe he reaches with the ball since a funble is worth risking but besides that he SHOULD still try just as hard on 3rd down.

I'm starting to think that willis' brain rattles around just as much as travis' did.

768373[/snapback]

I would think that a thought like that is one of those thoughts that you just "keep bottled up", it's not like anyone would ever find out that he didn't know that it was 4th and 1.

The bottom line is the Bills possibly could've won the game on that play, but they definitely didn't lose the game on that play.

769012[/snapback]

I keep trotting this out. The play was one a good team does on a good day. And they were having a VERY good day. It really ought not of mattered. The Pats were reeling as Bob in STL said.

It was careless in a good way ( and probably in a bad way too).

I've never been a fan of WM. As a matter of fact he probably is my least favorite Bill since I started watching them in 1989-90. The utter crap on draft day with the cell phone and asshat agent, the thug attitude, and half hearted effort at times all combine for me to want this guy out of town as soon as possible....

Today really seals it. I could not believe my ears and eyes watching him post game..

Please please go away...

I love(d) Willis. Only Bill's Jersey I have ever purchased. That said, he is truly starting to worry me.

He just does not seem to be "in the game".

Three weeks ago he didn't EAT the day of a game and had to leave,

today, he doesn't know what down it is.

These are just things that are revealed. How many other things are going on with him that we don't know about. Is he sleeping in meetings, reading his playbook? I'm not saying he is, but considering how "devoted" he seems to be to playing, I wouldn't be surprised.

PS- Not an Asshat, merely worried that he just doesn't care.

I support Willis, but we only have one option in response to this. It's time for the return of a short yardage legend.

Bring back Kenneth Davis.

769024[/snapback]

A-Train was a better RB choice for that down and distance and situation. I thought the A-Train was our power back for those situations.

You're like a doll with a pull string on the back. Pull the string and the VABills doll says "I told you so. I told you so." ;)

769292[/snapback]

Actually I never ever said that. I wanted Henry gone. A one dimensional fumbling molesting pet rock had no right to be a Buffalo Bill.

I have not heard what he said, but when you watch that play, he sure as **** knew where he had to be for the first down and tried to dive to get the first down.

769498[/snapback]

Exactly. He even looked like he made it because of hard effort. It was only on replay where you saw that his knee was down as he was lunging for the first was it short. It's not at all that he didn't give his all on that play.

A 20 is widely consided to be equivelant to an IQ of 100, which is the average IQ score. 12 is pretty low territory that I'd rather not enter into without offending anyone!

Why not? They're probably too dumb to be offended. ;) Sorry.

Some people have facetiously blamed MM for WM's inability to count downs.

Bear in mind that last year he was seldom in on 3rd downs, so he only has recent practice of counting to 2. Counting to 4 is covered freshman yr at "The U", so he was undoubtedly rusty.

This wasn't McGahee's fault. What the league needs to do, and I have been advocating this ever since Bledsoe tossed the ball away on fourth down two years ago, is to have long poles with big red numbers on them on each side of the field to let everyone know what down it is.

Do that, and you do away with what appear to be mental errors.

I was just thinking that JP should remind everyone what the down and distance is. Especially on 4th and 1. Get the guys revved up, it's 4th and 1 ! Game on the line ! You can dooooo it !!

769470[/snapback]

I think JP would have except the concept of the player getting the ball on the most important play of the game and having no idea what was going on never crossed his mind.

I seriously can't even begin to understand an NFL player not knowing what down it is. Especially when they're about to get the ball.

I think JP would have except the concept of the player getting the ball on the most important play of the game and having no idea what was going on never crossed his mind.

I seriously can't even begin to understand an NFL player not knowing what down it is.  Especially when they're about to get the ball.

769586[/snapback]

I originally had a problem with him not knowing what down it was, but I since changed my mind and now have a problem with him admitting it.

Here's the Monday take from Willis (from Chris Brown's blog):

McGahee was asked if he really didn't know it was fourth down after he made a comment Sunday in the locker room that he thought it was third down. The Bills top back says that wasn't the case.

“Let me clear it up," said McGahee. "When I got interviewed after the game I got asked the question one or two times and I answered it. If you look at it I reach over the marker so I knew it was fourth down. After the first group of reporters left, two other reporters came and asked about the fourth down play again and I got frustrated. I said I thought it was third down to end the conversation. I was just getting frustrated. I shouldn’t have said it.”

“Let me clear it up," said McGahee. "When I got interviewed after the game I got asked the question one or two times and I answered it. If you look at it I reach over the marker so I knew it was fourth down. After the first group of reporters left, two other reporters came and asked about the fourth down play again and I got frustrated. I said I thought it was third down to end the conversation. I was just getting frustrated. I shouldn’t have said it.”

769790[/snapback]

Right, that makes perfect sense. I'm sure reporters are just going to leave you alone when you say something like that.

Holy crap. ;)