Why, Willis Why

I 90

Right, that makes perfect sense.  I'm sure reporters are just going to leave you alone when you say something like that.

Holy crap.  :angry:

769820[/snapback]

Look at the evidence: He did reach for the first down. he knew exactly where the first down marker was and tried to get the first down nothwithstanding the horrid blocking on the play. There is no way that you can deny that [but I am sure that you will try].

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the Monday take from Willis (from Chris Brown's blog):

McGahee was asked if he really didn't know it was fourth down after he made a comment Sunday in the locker room that he thought it was third down. The Bills top back says that wasn't the case.

“Let me clear it up," said McGahee. "When I got interviewed after the game I got asked the question one or two times and I answered it. If you look at it I reach over the marker so I knew it was fourth down. After the first group of reporters left, two other reporters came and asked about the fourth down play again and I got frustrated. I said I thought it was third down to end the conversation. I was just getting frustrated. I shouldn’t have said it.”

769790[/snapback]

Proving that McGahee's 40-time isn't nearly as fast when he's backpedalling. He'll never be a cornerback.

McGahee was asked if he really didn't know it was fourth down after he made a comment Sunday in the locker room that he thought it was third down. The Bills top back says that wasn't the case.

“Let me clear it up," said McGahee. "When I got interviewed after the game I got asked the question one or two times and I answered it. If you look at it I reach over the marker so I knew it was fourth down. After the first group of reporters left, two other reporters came and asked about the fourth down play again and I got frustrated. I said I thought it was third down to end the conversation. I was just getting frustrated. I shouldn’t have said it.”

769790[/snapback]

actually what he said was probably totally unintelligible, until it was translated....

I've never been a fan of WM.  As a matter of fact he probably is my least favorite Bill since I started watching them in 1989-90.  The utter crap on draft day with the cell phone and asshat agent, the thug attitude, and half hearted effort at times all combine for me to want this guy out of town as soon as possible....

Today really seals it.  I could not believe my ears and eyes watching him post game..

Please please go away...

769043[/snapback]

I'm with you, and I've been saying this since the first game last season. I can only assume the supporters here watch him with Bills-glasses on because if you look at the guy objectively like every other RB in this league you realize he is average at best. Not only do I believe A-Train would have got that first down, he would have given us a much better day of rushing than Willis gave us. Willis is plain and simple, a below-average to average back. Did any of you watch the other games yesterday?

Did any of you watch the Cowboys/Jags game?? The Jags defence looked really tough and the Cowboys weren't creating much in the way of running holes at all. Did you see Julius Jones? Willis wouldn't have broke 50 yards in that game.

Look at the evidence:  He did reach for the first down.  he knew exactly where the first down marker was and tried to get the first down nothwithstanding the horrid blocking on the play.  There is no way that you can deny that [but I am sure that you will try].

769843[/snapback]

He definitely reached forward after his knee was down. I guess that's good. You're going to reach forward whether it's third or fourth down.

I don't know what he knew. He says stupid things and then his explanation for saying something stupid is just as stupid as his initial stupid quote.

It's completely plausible he didn't know what down it was. If you're stupid enough to say you didn't know what down it was, you're stupid enough to not know what down it was.

He definitely reached forward after his knee was down.  I guess that's good.  You're going to reach forward whether it's third or fourth down.

I don't know what he knew.  He says stupid things and then his explanation for saying something stupid is just as stupid as his initial stupid quote.

It's completely plausible he didn't know what down it was.  If you're stupid enough to say you didn't know what down it was, you're stupid enough to not know what down it was.

769897[/snapback]

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

I was not there. Neither were you. We have no idea what was said to whom.

Nevertheless, there is no denying that he knew where he needed to go for the first down and tried to get it.

The announcers even said that it was a bad spot.

Have you ever heard of sarcasm? 

I was not there.  Neither were you.  We have no idea what was said to whom.

Nevertheless, there is no denying that he knew where he needed to go for the first down and tried to get it.

The announcers even said that it was a bad spot.

769905[/snapback]

The announcers said it was a bad spot initially (and I thought so too) and then they showed the replay and it turned out the spot was accurate.

And I really don't care for the announcers anyway.

The announcers said it was a bad spot initially (and I thought so too) and then they showed the replay and it turned out the spot was accurate.

And I really don't care for the announcers anyway.

769920[/snapback]

Good for you.

Regardless of your uninformed opinions about WM, I still like your avatar. That is the best thing about your posts.

Good for you.

Regardless of your uninformed opinions about WM, I still like your avatar.  That is the best thing about your posts.

769926[/snapback]

My avatar would be the best part of anyone's posts.

My favorite part about my posts (aside from Mandy) is that I try to be as honest as I can, which includes not lowering the standards for Willis because I'm white and he's black.

My avatar would be the best part of anyone's posts.

My favorite part about my posts (aside from Mandy) is that I try to be as honest as I can, which includes not lowering the standards for Willis because I'm white and he's black.

769937[/snapback]

I still like your avatar.

P.S. I would not call it "lowering your standards." I really think that you have "different standards" for WM because you just don't like the guy for whatever personal reason you think you may have.

I still like your avatar.

P.S. I would not call it "lowering your standards."  I really think that you have "different standards" for WM because you just don't like the guy for whatever personal reason you think you may have.

769951[/snapback]

I have no personal reason not to like him. I've never met him. I just think he's dumb.

I don't want to think he's dumb. I have no reason to want him to be dumb. As a Bills fan, I have no reason to want any Bills player to be dumb. If anything, I try to find reasons to believe in these players. Unfortunately, after 3+ years of listening to McGahee, I have to be honest and just admit I don't think this guy is too bright.

I have no personal reason not to like him.  I've never met him.  I just think he's dumb.

I don't want to think he's dumb.  I have no reason to want him to be dumb.  As a Bills fan, I have no reason to want any Bills player to be dumb.  If anything, I try to find reasons to believe in these players.  Unfortunately, after 3+ years of listening to McGahee, I have to be honest and just admit I don't think this guy is too bright.

769971[/snapback]

well, UM will never be known for its academics :angry:. And yes i support willis all the time, but i know too that he is dumb. He's dumb, and rich, and a hell of a football player.

You dont have any personal bias against WM, but there are plenty of willis bashers that do. they hate willis because he's from UM, and UM has a bad rep. If willis was a big ten RB, posters would be creaming themselves over him. I hate the canes as much as anyone, being an FSU guy, but you cant refute the talent that the program churns out. In the last 20 years, i believe UM has had 80+ first round draft picks, and i believe 2nd place has had maybe 50. Sure a bunch of guys from the U are thugs, but they re good football players.

And last time i checked, willis hasnt done anything criminal. i dont see the need to constantly bash the guy for everything he does. He's our RB, and a good one, and i hope to hell we extend him this offseason.

“Let me clear it up," said McGahee.

769790[/snapback]

Strange, but what the hell... I honestly like the guy. Size, speed, great rehabilitation story ( I know what kind of commitment that takes ) and I really don't pay much attention to the Wonderlic goofiness. It's just a test that some players took more seriously when they were barely 20.

And I'm glad it hasn't become the iconic story that I feared-- athough if they sit at 4-9 it may become Clements', " interceptions put us in the Pro Bowl " all over again.

He couldn't have known that his comments would have me huffing solvents until dawn. :angry:

well, UM will never be known for its academics :angry:. And yes i support willis all the time, but i know too that he is dumb. He's dumb, and rich, and a hell of a football player.

You dont have any personal bias against WM, but there are plenty of willis bashers that do. they hate willis because he's from UM, and UM has a bad rep. If willis was a big ten RB, posters would be creaming themselves over him. I hate the canes as much as anyone, being an FSU guy, but you cant refute the talent that the program churns out. In the last 20 years, i believe UM has had 80+ first round draft picks, and i believe 2nd place has had maybe 50. Sure a bunch of guys from the U are thugs, but they re good football players.

And last time i checked, willis hasnt done anything criminal. i dont see the need to constantly bash the guy for everything he does. He's our RB, and a good one, and i hope to hell we extend him this offseason.

769980[/snapback]

I was at the UM/FSU game. Although I disagree with your characterization of UM players, congratulations on the win. Even though I am a Canes fan, I love Bobby Bowden. By the way, Dwight Adams always reminded me of Bobby.

I also root for FSU over Florida. I cannot stand the Gators.