Just got back from Gillette

RunTheBall

My seats were in the end zone, so I can't give a lot of player evaluations since those of you watching on TV got better angles to view the plays with.

1) Gillette Stadium is a really nice facility. Very clean, good sight lines, but there was a tremondous traffic jam of people waiting to get in which I've never seen at the Ralph. Most expensive tickets in the nation, and 2 Coors Lights cost 15 bucks!

2) Patriots fans are pathetic, as we already knew. They were booing halfway through the first quarter and all through the second. This was the tamest end zone I've ever been in, and I've been in a lot of stadiums.

3) Whether you agree with going for it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the field goal or not, there is no question at all that at that moment, it was the turning point in the game. You could feel it in the stadium, if that makes any sense.

4) The refs didn't lose this game for us, we were just outplayed when the chips were down in the trenches. The Pats sucked it up and got the hard yards on the ground and Buffalo's lines folded.

5) Whitner and Ko Simpson can play. Moorman sucked, but the guy is allowed a bad game every now and then.

6) Seeing a B2 stealth bomber fly low right over your head puts chills down your spine.

7) The best halftime show I've ever seen. About 50 fresh NE national guardsmen taking their pledge to serve the country. That was classy.

If you told me we'd be into the 4th quarter with 9 minutes to play tied at 17 (before the game) I would have taken that in a heartbeat.

I'm encouraged by what I saw but disappointed in the results.

RTB

My seats were in the end zone, so I can't give a lot of player evaluations since those of you watching on TV got better angles to view the plays with.

1) Gillette Stadium is a really nice facility. Very clean, good sight lines, but there was a tremondous traffic jam of people waiting to get in which I've never seen at the Ralph. Most expensive tickets in the nation, and 2 Coors Lights cost 15 bucks!

2) Patriots fans are pathetic, as we already knew. They were booing halfway through the first quarter and all through the second. This was the tamest end zone I've ever been in, and I've been in a lot of stadiums.

3) Whether you agree with going for it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the field goal or not, there is no question at all that at that moment, it was the turning point in the game. You could feel it in the stadium, if that makes any sense.

4) The refs didn't lose this game for us, we were just outplayed when the chips were down in the trenches. The Pats sucked it up and got the hard yards on the ground and Buffalo's lines folded.

5) Whitner and Ko Simpson can play. Moorman sucked, but the guy is allowed a bad game every now and then.

6) Seeing a B2 stealth bomber fly low right over your head puts chills down your spine.

7) The best halftime show I've ever seen. About 50 fresh NE national guardsmen taking their pledge to serve the country. That was classy.

If you told me we'd be into the 4th quarter with 9 minutes to play tied at 17 (before the game) I would have taken that in a heartbeat.

RTB

768262[/snapback]

People here don't want to hear about #4 even tho that is spot on! It's been happening for the last 3 years. :D

You can't keep blaming the refs when our team loses, even though I agree that the calls will go the Pats way 99% of the time.

That being said, if our team stepped up in the trenches when we needed it, we would have won the game.

When the Pats needed 4th and 1, they got it twice.

RTB

You can't keep blaming the refs when our team loses, even though I agree that the calls will go the Pats way 99% of the time.

That being said, if our team stepped up in the trenches when we needed it, we would have won the game.

RTB

768550[/snapback]

Did you take much heat from the Patsie trolls in attendance?

Did you take much heat from the Patsie trolls in attendance?

768553[/snapback]

It was kind of weird actually, the only flack I caught was from a chick sitting behind me who wanted me to sit down, in the END ZONE hahaha. I'm not an obnoxious fan, especially in another team's stadium. I like to enjoy a good football game even if we lose, but certainly prefer to win. I wasn't decked out in Bills gear, just had on a Bills sweatshirt. I got the impression that I knew more about NE's team than most of the fans sitting around me from the conversations I had.

It was an enjoyable experience, I really had no problems at all with their fans. I thought it was hilarious when they started booing in the first quarter and all through the second though.

RTB

RTB

768262[/snapback]

I dont usually like your posts, but this one was an honest well thought out post. Nice work, And I agree with you.......

:D

Mensch... no escaping the glory of our Military.

768262[/snapback]

768262[/snapback]

Bingo. Their defense got the job done when it was necessary.

I am looking forward to the rematch in OP on Oct. 22.

RTB

768262[/snapback]

Good post.

There was a block in the back on that play.  It was coming back anyway.  Still doesn't explain why they blew the whistle, but it didn't affect anything in the least.

768582[/snapback]

Yep, everyone can ignore the phantom "out of bounds", the block to the back on the Bills was going to bring it back anyways. We're just lucky they also didn't give the ball back to the Pats.

RTB

768550[/snapback]

Calls seem to go the way of the better team, usually because they are the better team

768262[/snapback]

I know the traffic in MA is horrendous (I just moved to NE and it horrifies me), but getting in and out of Ralph Wilson and Orchard park is hell also. I prefer to park in someone's backyard rather than the stadium just because getting out of the stadium lots is like driving through crowds of mass panic.

RTB

768262[/snapback]

Geez--I was in the end zone, and here are my thoughts:

1. Absolutely. I was commenting to my son how nice the stadium is. It appears quite massive.

2. There was some of that, but I have to say most around us were decent people. They were pretty engaging, although one drunk Pats fan I can quote as saying "I shwear izz gonna be 35 to nutshin..". At $7.50 a beer, he spent around $77.50, I'd say.

3. True. Like last year with the hit on Holcomb.

4. I struggle with one penalty on the Pats, and crucial penalties at crucial times on the Bills. I swear I saw Schoebel being held a few times, but no one would listen to me!

5-6-7 All dead on. It was a nice day for an upset.

One other thought---was the spot on 4th and 1 horrible? I thought it was a bad spot, but can only assume it was ok because I haven't seen anyone on the ledge over this one.

I was at the game as well, sitting about 5 rows in front of the press box.

The B2 was unbelievable, the halftime was really, really cool.

The field wasn't in great condition (a few soccer games recently evidently) and you could see willis slipping a lot.

I didn't see the moorman "incident", but after the one punt he was flipping out on the ref like I've never seen a punter do. When he got back to the bench the section near him was razzing him pretty good.

I was wearing my bills shirt and didn't hear a peep from a single person the entire game. Not walking by, not buying beers or anything. Very strange.

After our 1st touchdown the atmosphere was incredibly strange (as would be expected). As he fumbles, I'm screaming "go go go" and everyone for 4 sections could probably hear me. It wasn't just quiet either, it was like they couldn't believe what had just happened - a lot of people hadn't even had a seat yet...

One other thought---was the spot on 4th and 1 horrible?  I thought it was a bad spot, but can only assume it was ok because I haven't seen anyone on the ledge over this one.

768948[/snapback]

Yes. The problem was that one ref had us with the correct spot and was overruled by another, who moved the ball back so we didnt get the first.

No, he got past the marker, and then got even a bit further after his knee had already hit. On the broadcast they showed a good replay and in a Vick-like manner he kept his knee off the ground incredibly deep into his lunge. I really thought he had it and that they brought it back too far. I was even thinking Jauron may opt to challenge the spot.