That Fourth Down Decision

DeLuca1967

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the replay willis headed up the middle but its was already blown up and he took it outside to the right, further more he got the 1st down the spot was very very bad plan and simple .......

767730[/snapback]

You are exactly correct.

You also make way to much sense. There are people on this board who you know will blame Willis on that even though the play was blown up because of the horrid line play on our part.

One thing that no one has talked about with that 4th down play (including the announcers) is the fact that the offense came racing back onto the field only 4 seconds left on the game clock. They barely had time to set up prior to the snap. That rouined any shot they had of a quick snap or an attempt by a hard-count to draw the defense off sides. They should have called a time out...

Yeah, if they new ahead of time that they werent going to convert......then they probably wouldnt have done it. However, I like the call. Try to put the game away while you have momentum.  I cant complain when I was sitting here screaming at my TV for them to go for it.  Im not going to be one of those hindsight is 20/20 fans. My emotions as a fan said go for it...........so even though the outcome sucked....its hard for me to criticize.

767707[/snapback]

Actually boss, I said kick the FG from the get go so do not accuse me of being a hindsight fan.

Hey ding dong, you can't look at the final score and just add three. DO you honestly think the PAts would have kneeled down in field goal range at the end of the game if they were down by one? :rolleyes:

767712[/snapback]

The makeup of the game would have been completely different had buffalo kicked a FG you f'ing idiot.

They allowed the momentum to swing huge on the road and it cost them the game.

I believe that coaching cost this game for the Bills.  Going for it on 4th and 1 and running the 1 play that hasn't worked all day was a horrid decision.

If it was between kicking the field goal and running Willis up the gut I would have taken the field goal.

It's as if Jauron didn't realize that you CANNOT let momentum swing one bit the way of the Patriots.

BB siezed the opportunity and won the game.

I have other points but this was the play call that stands out the most.

767606[/snapback]

100% agree...it is a road game making everything different. You do not to give momentum away and not getting the first gave away the momentum. Plus the play was far too slow to develop.

Yep, I agree totally. We need a guy like good ol' Roosevelt Leaks, who always seemed to be able to bull forward for whatever short yards were needed.

767713[/snapback]

or Jim Braxton..................

That is why I keep asking why we keep Daimon Shelton.

A good fullback should be able to FALL DOWN for three yards, no matter who is blocking!

I completely disagree.  Not converting that 4th down led to a huge momentum swing which could have been stifled if 3 had been put up on the board.

Horrible call.

767616[/snapback]

I'm in agreement with you here. Against a lesser team where we can break their will, yeah, sure. Against New England, you take all the points you can get. Obviously, today, a FG would have made the difference -- and kept the pressure on them instead of giving them a mental boost.

One thing that no one has talked about with that 4th down play (including the announcers) is the fact that the offense came racing back onto the field only 4 seconds left on the game clock. They barely had time to set up prior to the snap. That rouined any shot they had of a quick snap or an attempt by a hard-count to draw the defense off sides. They should have called a time out...

767761[/snapback]

Good point that I over looked

The makeup of the game would have been completely different had buffalo kicked a FG you f'ing idiot.

767781[/snapback]

The momentum would have swing a little more our way but if you think NE would have folded

you underestimate Tom Brady.............

I didn't bother to read this whole thread, but did anyone point out that....even if we had taken the Field Goal, notice how the patriots ended the game on out 20 yard line. If we had been winning they would have done the exact same thing except kick a field goal and probably make it.

I agree with Jauron's call, if we had executed we would have won the game.

767781[/snapback]

Just so you know, I have met Theesir outside of virtual reality. He may not be a GENIUS - he is ugly and his mother dresses him funny, but he's not a f'ing idiot.

I guess you were upset because he called you a ding dong. :doh:

:D Why can't we talk about the game without name calling?

;)

I like the call, even though it didn't work. The game was not lost on that play; we can all name a half-dozen other plays that were crucial, from the safety to the block in the bak penalties, one of which cost us a touchdown on Whitner's interception return and the other a first down in Patriot territory late in the fourth quarter.

I commend Jauron for showing faith in the team. The Pats still had to drive 93 yards after the failed fourth down. I htink the real culprit in this game, and my biggest worry for the future, is the poor run defense. Nobdy gives up 180-200 yards on the ground and wins.

The loss was a heartbreaker, and there a lots of things they need to do better, but on the evidence of this one game this looks like a better team than last year's.

Ask me again after game five or six and we'll have a better sense of how good or bad these guys are.

I didn't bother to read this whole thread, but did anyone point out that....even if we had taken the Field Goal, notice how the patriots ended the game on out 20 yard line.  If we had been winning they would have done the exact same thing except kick a field goal and probably make it. 

I agree with Jauron's call, if we had executed we would have won the game.

767951[/snapback]

but the bills probably wouldn't have taken a safety, which should be figured into the equation.

Guys, if Willis gained that extra yard and the Bills scored on TD on that drive, it would have pretty much sealed the game.  The Bills have always missed that killer instinct.  Belichick always goes for it on 4th down, so does Parcells.  I loved the call to go for it, but I would have done a QB sneak or A-Train up the middle.

767695[/snapback]

No way No how do you ever ever ever go for it when you are up by ten just took the ball 6 minutes to open the second half drive the ball down there throat and not come away with three points. If you make it you still have to score. If you dont you give the team you have dominated pretty much a whole half and a half a quarter all kinds of momentum and you give your young offense doubts about there confidence. Why ? Its a retarded decision with no positive result. I can not remember at any time Marv levy not taking points in that kind of a decision process with pretty much a whole hall of fame offense...The great Forest Gump once said Stupid is as Stupid does...Lets hope Marv has long talk with Jauron...That being said I like the fact our 2 young safeties played alot. I would be fine with letting them learn the rest of the year on the field. Willis needs to stop dancing and run up the field, Atrain looked really good, O line looked a lot better, our rundefense still really sucks,Clements is still all talk no play, he stopped a nice touchdown for whitner and was burned by caldwell i believe a rook a few times. Overall we look more organized and well coached. This post sounds like an oxymoron with that comment however if he had made the right decision on 4th and 1 we could have finally talked about how a Bills coach outcoached Belichek. And he did except for that one call...The future looks a little better than before

Just so you know, I have met Theesir outside of virtual reality. He may not be a GENIUS -  he is ugly and his mother dresses him funny,  but he's not a f'ing idiot.

I guess you were upset because he called you a ding dong.  :doh:

:D  Why can't we talk about the game without name calling?

;)

767952[/snapback]

Thanks Rock.... I was thinking the same thing... I mean about the rather harsh response to Ding Dong, not about the way I dress ;)

See ya in a couple of weeks, MrsTheesir will be joining me this time as well.