That Fourth Down Decision

DeLuca1967

I agree with the fourth down decision.

Had Jauron had a crystal ball and seen that if the game turned out this way, things might have been different, or would they be different?

If the Bills convert that fourth and short and score the touchdown, or if we kicked the field goa for three, do you really think that Belichek would have had the same stradegy for winning the game? The answer is hell no. At that particular time that would have put the Bills up by even more and they would have viscously attacked our secondary. The score of the game would not have been 20-19 in favor of the Bills, instead that score would have proably gone up for both teams resulting in a win for the Patriots, more than likely.

Although i see that the field goal would have won us the game by the way it eventually played out, the game would not have been played out the way it had, had we kicked the field goal and got the three points.

I understand that when on the road you take the points when you are in the red zone, but i think this team is looking for inspiration, and what better way than for Dick Jauron to throw it on the line in an attempt to put the game away.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing though...now that I think about it, it would have been better to force Brady to throw than to let them run. That being said....as much as this sucks I am a lot more happy losing the game fighting like that, than I would be losing the game AFTER taking the field goal.

DJ made the right call - going from 10 to 13 isn't that great because NE is still within two scores. The blame has to go to the O-line for getting blown up on the play, not the coaches.

Going up by 17 in that situation all but seals the deal and the Patsy fans start heading for the exits. That's the call that Belichek, Parcells, etc. would have made - the difference is that the Pats converted on their 4th down play and we didn't.

Overall it was a solid performance by the D, but the offense was non-existent in the 2nd half. Anyone who thinks we would have won the game had they just kicked the field goal there is kidding themselves.

By the way, Mularkey would have called a triple-reverse, flea flicker, HB option toss on that play.

I think Miami and the Jets will have their hands full with this Bills team the next 2 games.

I dunno a 13 point lead holds enough weight to just kick the 3. if they score 2 touchdowns all you need is a field goal still. in the end, i respect jauron decision to go for it. but the playcall was weak

768083[/snapback]

The play call was a little weak and predictable as the result showed. I would have brought in A Train and Willis for that play and would have run one of them up the middle or on a counter of some sort. But with the building pressure in the box, would you have been able to get off a counter? Probably not?