****** Over by the Refs Again....

cåblelady

yeah but no matter what way you look at it the refs screwed us, also the playcalling was suspect, after the first quarter the Bills never threw a pass over 30 yards, New England knew what we were doing every play, either run or short pass. What the hell is wrong with that, the offense needs to do a better job of using Losman to his offensive capabilities.

Why don't the refs just wear Patriots jerseys?

767524[/snapback]

I've wondered the same thing and have concluded that the only reason they don't is their bias might be too obvious.

Still, I have no doubt whatsoever that they all wear Tom Brady underwear!

I've wondered the same thing and have concluded that the only reason they don't is their bias might be too obvious.

Still, I have no doubt whatsoever that they all wear Tom Brady underwear!

767638[/snapback]

After the interview's, Tom has a lot of work to do... and a lot of time on his knees slurp'n.

You and me both........

im thru with taking the NFL seriously....

767483[/snapback]

The league has become a joke. It's like a TV show rather than a sport. I'm done watching games. Miami will be more of the same garbage so I'm not going to bother watch it. It was SOOOOOO Obvious today.

15 Penalties to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 goddamn penalty for 5 yards. Damn they're disaplined.

767556[/snapback]

When the h*ll did they get called for a penalty? :angry:

Nevermind, I just remembered that they mentioned the Patsies got called for ONE for 12 men in the huddle while CBS had some random graphics on the screen. :rolleyes:

I am so disgusted by the league right now, it's not funny. :angry:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of this sh*t.  :rolleyes:

767475[/snapback]

CL, you're on ignore sweetie. :angry: Kidding, just kidding.

I too get tired of snatching defeat from the jaws of defeat. We gave lots of yards and 12 points in the 2nd half and we couldn't score again. Bellychick is no genius but we made him appear that way.

My new motto: Just execute baby.

Why?

Royal did have an illegal block right in front of two refs, where the play was happening. Good call.

Mcgahees knee was down. Actually bad spot for NE, it wasn't even that close. Good spot overall for the refs.

I didn't see the illegal block on the Pick, but several folks said it was. Again good call refs. Only blowing it dead was fishy.

Overall they did an okay job calling it correctly.

1 penalty on the Patriots?!?!  That has to be some kind of !@#$ing record, especially with how many times our punter was on his ass.  :rolleyes:

767547[/snapback]

Yeah, that's my only big complaint about the officiating. Why weren't any penalties called for roughing the kicker (or even running into the kicker). I liked when the announcer said, "Mooreman gets decked, but no flag." :angry:

Yeah, that's my only big complaint about the officiating.  Why weren't any penalties called for roughing the kicker (or even running into the kicker).  I liked when the announcer said, "Mooreman gets decked, but no flag."  :rolleyes:

767762[/snapback]

Uh, because the #$!@#!$ Patsies get another #@#$@#%!@#%! reach around from the refs.

I honestly expected Buffalo to lose today's game, but had the reffing even been close to even, Buffalo wins today, or at a minimum forces Marsha to engineer another last second win.

Why?

Royal did have an illegal block right in front of two refs, where the play was happening.  Good call. 

Mcgahees knee was down.  Actually bad spot for NE, it wasn't even that close.  Good spot overall for the refs. 

I didn't see the illegal block on the Pick, but several folks said it was.  Again good call refs.  Only blowing it dead was fishy. 

767753[/snapback]

The Royal illegal block was so gentle, the opponent may have though he was coming on to him. It was not a factor in the play, and infact happened long after the first down was achieved, and should not have been called. Your other points I agree with. Pats had a few holds that weren't called (Are they ever?) along with a key encroachment that wasn't called.

Why?

Royal did have an illegal block right in front of two refs, where the play was happening.  Good call. 

Mcgahees knee was down.  Actually bad spot for NE, it wasn't even that close.  Good spot overall for the refs. 

I didn't see the illegal block on the Pick, but several folks said it was.  Again good call refs.  Only blowing it dead was fishy. 

767753[/snapback]

Although the refs were far from perfect, they did not lose us the game, but they assuredly influenced the outcome. McGahees knee was down, but in pro ball, the spot is where the ball is when the knee goes down, that was a bad spot, let alone the extra yard and a half on the NE spot where the official couldn't walk a straight line. There was no illegal block on the pick, its called covering your stupid mistake (blowing it dead). The one that really hurt was the blatantly obvious offside that was ignored prior to the safety, another five yards and we punt rather than give up 2. Getting boned by officiating in NE is the norm, you need to be able to overcome that and today we just wern't good enough to do that.

I've seen at least 2 holding calls on Shoebel that weren't called and that offside that wasn't called... boy oh boy!...

767751[/snapback]

Schobel got raped by that left tackle a few times and to my disbelief they weren't called. Schobel also got a raw deal on the one encroachment penalty they replayed as the Patriot TE (couldn't tell you if it was Watson or Graham) flinched the slightest bit

Overall, it was very unfortunate that the Bills got screwed on a few calls. However, i think the officials are going to get chewed out for whistling the Whitner interception dead since he was clearly inbounds the whole time. This was the typical NFL officiating continuing on from last year's playoffs.

Umm, what about roughing the kicker, or holding, or a few key encroachment calls that could have been made?

I'm sorry, the Bills can't go out there and beat two teams in one afternoon. I'm not excusing what I believe was some poor second-half playcalling, but even so, something to build on. If they can develop a more stout run defense we could be in for a decent season.

Sorry to take way some peoples' excuses for blaming the refs for our loss.

There were NO penalties on those punts. I watched the first incident three times, in slow motion and Moorman was knocked down by his own player who was blocking a Pat. This does not consititue a penalty, unless you want to penalize ourselves of course.

On the second one, Moorman got the kick off cleanly with no one within three yards of him. The camera panned downfield and then you hear the announcer exclaim that Moorman had been decked.

This just in: Once a punter gets the kick away and regains his feet, he is a defender just like everyone else and can be blocked, yes even knocked on his keester.

And for good measure (as long as we're on the suject), those two blocks in the back were clear, even if not the worst example of them. That is irrelevant though. Both pushes ion the back came at the point of attack and were right in front of the ref.

And for the last time, the spot on the 4th and 1 was correctly made, and even possibly in favor of the Bills. Willis' knee was down well before he stretched for the first. This was clearly demonstrated by the replay after the commercial.

I am as pissed off as anyone that we lost an opportunity to pin a loss on the Pats in their house. But quit blaming the officiating! The Bills lost this game, not the refs!

Starting with Willis' 4th and 1 run we got no breaks. Living in S. FL. I rarely get a straight answer but is the rule where the ball is when the knee goes down, or is it where the knee goes down? I always thought it was where the ball is when the knee goes down and if so then that was the beginning of our problems. From that point on a game that was real competetive went in the opposite direction. Call it sour grapes if you will but even the announcers were questioning some of the calls.

Having said the above, they are the reigning AFC champs and have won Super Bowls while we have sat on our a.... As a result if the game got close they were going to get the breaks, it's not like they haven't before.... :doh:

All in all I feel good, (but cheated), and some of it may be our inability to close the deal but going into this game I felt like we were going to get killed. I came out feeling like we got robbed.

One thing I can say is that Miami is not feeling so comfortable about next week as they were a week ago.

Starting with Willis' 4th and 1 run we got no breaks. Living in S. FL. I rarely get a straight answer but is the rule where the ball is when the knee goes down, or is it where the knee goes down? I always thought it was where the ball is when the knee goes down and if so then that was the beginning of our problems. From that point on a game that was real competetive went in the opposite direction. Call it sour grapes if you will but even the announcers were questioning some of the calls.

Having said the above, they are the reigning AFC champs and have won Super Bowls while we have sat on our a.... As a result if the game got close they were going to get the breaks, it's not like they haven't before.... :doh:

All in all I feel good, (but cheated), and some of it may be our inability to close the deal but going into this game I felt like we were going to get killed. I came out feeling like we got robbed.

One thing I can say is that Miami is not feeling so comfortable about next week as they were a week ago.

767984[/snapback]

Called my dullfan BiL after the game. He said he was truly worried about next week and that the Bills look MUCH improved. He's a dullfan. I'm starting to think some of the morons on this board are too.

Called my dullfan BiL after the game. He said he was truly worried about next week and that the Bills look MUCH improved. He's a dullfan. I'm starting to think some of the morons on this board are too.

767993[/snapback]

I agree and further more pittsburgh didn't play half as good as NE today ...We are going to pick that miami secondary apart and distroy clepper .screw the dolfags this is a different team and mularkey is going to hear about up close and personal f him ........

Waaah.

Maybe if the defense could have stopped a running play, things would have been different.

767752[/snapback]

Bullsh--. On the road against a superior team the Bills played great. The Pats are a great team with a great line. Of course their going to get yards on the ground. They would do that against most teams in the NFL. Thing is the Bills did enough things well to be in a good position to win it near the conclusion. It just amazes me how things calls always happen at the most opportune times for the Pats. Just when the Pats look like they are in real trouble these pitty pat horsesh-- calls seem to happen. Those blocks in the back were pathetic.

The NFL is a business and to that end it is designed to make money. Since the Pats have the highest ticket prices, and are selling out, the league has to continue to support them to keep the revenue stream. Revenue sharing is what causes this issue. Buffalo selling out a game is not nearly as lucrative to the league as the Patriots selling out their games. If the Pats start to lose, then the fans do not show up and too much money is lost.