Enough is enough

inkman

I think it is an overstatement that just because it's "buffalo pizza" means it is good. I have had many a pizza here in WNY where...

- there is about a gallon of sauce on it.

- Crust so thin that the slice falls apart right in your hand

- Skimpy ingredients

- burnt beyond recognition

etc...

I often wonder how you can f*** up pizza, but believe me, there are plenty of pizzerias that are cabable of this and make pizza hut look very good doing it.

That being said, there are a number of pizzerias that can't be beat and are usually very consistent.

Buckeye Mike...I'm not sure I follow you. If you eat a lasagna pizza you are a fat-ass, but a double cheese extra pepperoni, you aren't? :D:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two quick things...

1. What exactly is lasagna pizza? lasagna with a piece of dough underneath?

2. Funniest sh-- a few weeks ago. We call pizza hut to order some pizza (tallahassee is king of sh---hole pizza places, they all suck), they tell us they are out of regular dough and all they have is thin crust. :D

Two quick things...

1. What exactly is lasagna pizza? lasagna with a piece of dough underneath?

2. Funniest sh-- a few weeks ago. We call pizza hut to order some pizza (tallahassee is king of sh---hole pizza places, they all suck), they tell us they are out of regular dough and all they have is thin crust. :D

764360[/snapback]

That tells you they buy frozen already rolled out crusts. CRAP! That'll explain why their pizza sucks.

Example #117,306 of why the United States is the fattest nation on Earth.

Seriously, lasagna pizza??? That was made for the fat-@$$ who can't decide what high-carb dish to have for dinner.  Not only are we fat, we're getting dumber and more indecisive by the day.

763918[/snapback]

I saw that ad. Ugh. Good pizza is a balance between dough, sauce, and cheese. Even the baseline PizzaHut pie does that, even though it's not as good as a local shop pie. Sprinkling pepperoni, anchovies, onions - even M&M's (!) on top in moderatiion adds personal taste, but it remains a pizza pie .

You are right - these 60% or whatever by weight cheese things are insane...they cease to be a pizza and become an artery and gut bomb.

Buckeye Mike...I'm not sure I follow you.  If you eat a lasagna pizza you are a fat-ass, but a double cheese extra pepperoni, you aren't?  :D  :D

764354[/snapback]

It seems to me that lasagna pizza would seem to cater to those who are looking for a new way to clog their arteries. As if there aren't so many other ways to do that already. After all, I'm the one who posted the fat and calorie content of a Romanburger from Mr. Hero on this site nearly four years ago (click on "our menu" once you get past the pictures of Nicole).

The nutritional list is no longer on the site (go figure), but it has something like 42 grams of fat and 800 calories. And it's my favorite sandwich. You can also give me that double cheese extra pepperoni pizza anytime as well.

And by the way, I'm 5'8", 210 lbs. So you can call me a fat-@$$ if you want. :D

Mike

That tells you they buy frozen already rolled out crusts.  CRAP!  That'll explain why their pizza sucks.

764372[/snapback]

My wife and me buy Pillsbury's refrigerator case pizza dough. Pop it, and lay it on one of those cheap, vented pizza pans and knead it and thumb up an edge. Brush it with olive oil. I put some 25 cent tomato sauce with some paprika and marjoram and tumeric on my half, some dry-as-the-desert parsley flake then bagged OTC 2% fat mozzarella and fresh grated parmesano regiano. (the old reliable Kraft green can stuff is good, but the parm regiano is remarkably better). Occasionally, a bit of prosciutto.

Wife sautees mushrooms, green peppers and onion with a smaller amount of mozz and parm for her half.

About 10 minutes in a 400 degree preheated oven. The icebox dough does't rise appreciably - it stays at about a quarter inch. The oil-brushed edge browns.

It's a quick preparation, that one can customize to taste and nutrition.

I hope nobody thinks I'm bragging - just want to point out that at low cost and not a lot of time, one can make tasty food that won't push one's foot into the grave. :D

My wife and me buy Pillsbury's refrigerator case pizza dough. Pop it, and lay it on one of those cheap, vented pizza pans and knead it and thumb up an edge. Brush it with olive oil. I put some 25 cent tomato sauce with some paprika and marjoram and tumeric on my half, some dry-as-the-desert parsley flake then bagged OTC 2% fat mozzarella and fresh grated parmesano regiano. (the old reliable Kraft green can stuff is good, but the parm regiano is remarkably better).  Occasionally, a bit of prosciutto.

Wife sautees mushrooms, green peppers and onion with a smaller amount of mozz and parm for her half.

About 10 minutes in a 400 degree preheated oven.  The icebox dough does't rise appreciably - it stays at about a quarter inch. The oil-brushed edge browns.

It's a quick preparation, that one can customize to taste and nutrition.

I hope nobody thinks I'm bragging - just want to point out that at low cost and not a lot of time, one can make tasty food that won't push one's foot into the grave. :D

764407[/snapback]

I make pizza at home too. I start with flour, yeast......................... :D

I have a pizza I created.  Kinda weird but good.  White bean puree, roasted garlic, tomato and sausage.  Cook the beans until very soft and puree them and spread them on the dough.  Top with roasted garlic, tomato sauce, and sausage.

Edit:  Sorry, forgot, I also put mozzarella cheese on it.

763411[/snapback]

I just ordered it.

For starters, I'm not sure where they get off calling it lasagna pizza anyway. There are no noodles and all the other ingredients are standard pizza toppings. It looks like a thick crust/sicilian pie to me.

Second, while Buffalo has the best wings, there are some pretty lousy pizza joint floating around out there, as mentioned before.

I do love Airport though. They are probably one of the most consistant places we order from. Christophers is pretty good, as are Just Pizza and Franco's. Beyond that, Buffalo is hurting.

My other major complaint is the hours of operation of nearly every suburban pizza joint in this area. It's damn near impossible to get a pie delivered after 11:00 PM, on any day of the week. Ridiculous!

I still miss Bocce club and Airport Pizza.  It's so humid down here the dough is like cement.

My wife makes a great pizza and the best commercial pizza I've found is at a place called Roman Oven.

762881[/snapback]

You can order pizza from Bocce (usually one of their half baked) and have it sent to you via FedEx overnight - I've done it before and it's great (although very expensive). Good stuff if you absolutely have to have it.

For starters, I'm not sure where they get off calling it lasagna pizza anyway. There are no noodles and all the other ingredients are standard pizza toppings. It looks like a thick crust/sicilian pie to me.

I do love Airport though. They are probably one of the most consistant places we order from. Christophers is pretty good, as are Just Pizza and Franco's.

764891[/snapback]

I was sick thinking there was going to be noodles on a pie :doh: But I think you're right. It's just anoter crust gimmick.

Ever have a Turkey Bacon Sub at Christophers? Real Turkey, a fantastic toatsted sub. Just pizza is now franchising and some are way better than others. Ignorant kids in the one on French rd. can't make chit compared to the crews on Elmwood.

Lately I've been liking Santora's a lot from Transit/Clinton.

I was sick thinking there was going to be noodles on a pie  :P  But I think you're right. It's just anoter crust gimmick.

Ever have a Turkey Bacon Sub at Christophers? Real Turkey, a fantastic toatsted sub. Just pizza is now franchising and some are way better than others. Ignorant kids in the one on French rd. can't make chit compared to the crews on Elmwood.

Lately I've been liking Santora's a lot from Transit/Clinton.

765057[/snapback]

Saw the commercial last night. It's just a pizza with sausage, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Lasagna.......WTF. :doh: