peter king parrotting his normal crap

todd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show some balls and reveal what vets are saying they want Holcomb if he is continually going to write about it.  The only candidates are Vincent, Clements, Spikes, and Fletcher.  There's no way Evans would want Holcomb over Losman and Willis could probably care less.  Who's left?... Villareal - he has enough to worry about keeping his own job.

761352[/snapback]

Word. This team has virtually no vets left who would push such an agenda (other than KH, of course!). What a lazy piece of commentary.

Or, it's Vincent. PK kisses his butt everytime he's asked about Troy. This seems to be the way it works: player, coach or GM either spills the beans or offers opinions to a member of the media. Reporter gushes about what a great guy/player the stool pigeon is during interviews.

If it is Vincent (and, of course, I'm speculating), I'd just cut him if he's going to cause problems in the locker room. I think this is his last year with the team anyway.

761409[/snapback]

Vincent should have been cut this weekend.

He's slow and tackles like a traffic cone during a driver's ed. exam.

I suspect that he's on the team only because he is a perfect NFLPA patsy for the owners.

You guys are funny. :w00t:

You believe that Peter King has nothing better to do then pine about the Bills starting QB?

I guess having a drooling idiot like Larry Felser spoon feeding you what you want to hear makes you happy. Or warped your senses.

Peter King is as solid a football writer as there is. Considering he has actually talks to players and coaches around the league. I would say it gives him a ton more credibility then sports fans around here are used to. :w00t:

You believe that Peter King has nothing better to do then pine about the Bills starting QB?

I guess having a drooling idiot like Larry Felser spoon feeding you what you want to hear makes you happy. Or warped your senses.

Peter King is as solid a football writer as there is. Considering he has actually talks to players and coaches around the league. I would say it gives him a ton more credibility then sports fans around here are used to.  :w00t:

761595[/snapback]

so are you his son ????

Peter King is as solid a football writer as there is. Considering he has actually talks to players and coaches around the league. I would say it gives him a ton more credibility then sports fans around here are used to.  :w00t:

Peter King is becoming as irrelevant in the internet age as his magazine SI HAS become (and that includes the swimsuit issue). About all these "experts" are good for anyway is reporting on stuff, and when they can't even get THAT right, you know their time has passed.

Damning with faint praise, huh?  You might have a great career in standup ahead of you if you work on your timing a bit...  :w00t:

761607[/snapback]

Since I do not have time to read all the football writers there are across the country I didn't feel comfortable calling him the best. There may guy in Utah or Idaho who is the best and I wouldn't know it.

I will say he is better then anyone who writes or broadcasts here in WNY. At least since the Courrier Express went out of business. On a national level he is as good as any of the national guys. I also like listening to him on WGR. I don't always agree with his opinions but I do respect his NFL knowledge and how he presents himself. :w00t:

761595[/snapback]

He's a glorified gossip columnist. His skill set is the same as the reporter whose job it is to find out what Brad Pitt's baby looks like. He makes phone calls and then simply regurgitates what he hears in his column.

He's been commentating on the Bills based on their Sunday night primetime highlights for a least two years now. I don't remember the last time he said anything of worth on WGR. Usually, he talks the most about fluffy subjects like "the T.O. situation" or something even non-football fans can form an opinion about.

I will say he is better then anyone who writes or broadcasts here in WNY. At least since the Courrier Express went out of business. On a national level he is as good as any of the national guys. I also like listening to him on WGR. I don't always agree with his opinions but I do respect his NFL knowledge and how he presents himself.  :w00t:

761630[/snapback]

He's not even the best writer at SI and it's not even close. There is virtually no depth to any of his writing as he creates it for people who have the attention span of a 5-year old. Let's have a top 10 list! Let’s attempt to be clever instead of informative!

His train of thought when writing an article seems to be, "I know people can finish this article if I load it with a lot of fluff. Hmm, how about I rate training camp food!? People seem to like coffee, what if I talk about that too!? Weee, I love being a sports writer!”

He gives the people what he thinks he thinks they want (wow, I guess I'm clever now too) and doesn't attempt to move beyond that.

I guess you're his target audience and I'm glad you enjoy his work.

I know that my sister is in sports marketing(she just passed through here from Williamsport on her way back to Boston and I asked her about this very issue) - she knows that the buzz around the NHL is that Buffalo, Carolina and Edmonton being in the final four last year might be bad for NHL commercials/sponsorship pricing this year since none were big markets. She knows that the NHL is putting out media/marketing contracts already to counter this.

WOW Great insight Peter! Last year's playoffs were some of the best Hockey I've seen in years. Small market or not this is a stupid statement. Look at your TV package NHL, not the market size!

Since I do not have time to read all the football writers there are across the country I didn't feel comfortable calling him the best. There may guy in Utah or Idaho who is the best and I wouldn't know it.

I will say he is better then anyone who writes or broadcasts here in WNY. At least since the Courrier Express went out of business. On a national level he is as good as any of the national guys. I also like listening to him on WGR. I don't always agree with his opinions but I do respect his NFL knowledge and how he presents himself.  :w00t:

761630[/snapback]

We are all entiltled to our opinions but the best writer since the Courier Express? Come on :w00t:

I think Dave Anderson of the NY Times is 10 times the writer Peter King could ever hope to be. Locally I think Bob Dicesare is better than Peter King. You think PK is better than Lupicca or Bob Ryan or Wilboun or Kornheiser?

He pedals mainly in rumour and inuendo. He may be one one of the better known writers but he is not close to being on par with the best. I'd put him in league with Luke Decock! :w00t:

If Vincent wasn't president of the NFLPA, he'd be in another uniform this season, and Milloy would be the starting SS. In a perfect world they could find somebody better than both of them (Ko Simpson is probably better than Vincent anyway, as I thought Rashad Baker was), but I think they're afraid of dumping/embarrassing such an integral member of the player's association. I could be completely full of sh--, but oh well...if Moulds' contract was too rich for their blood, they're rebuilding, and there's no reason to keep Vincent in that situation unless they're afraid of the backlash in terms of the reputation the organization has with potential free agents in upcoming years....

All you need to do is ask yourself:

What current Bills player in their right mind would possibly want KH to start for the team while factoring in his performance throughout practice, camp and the pre-season?

Somebody (TD, Moulds :( ) is dishing out some seriously out-dated information.

looks like old PK didn't watch as much of the pre-season games as we did. He probably caught a highlight or two on ESPN or NFL Network.

This is an old carry-over, he reported this same thing just as camp was getting started. He hasn't updated it since, and obviously things have changed.

If there are any vets on the team that think holcomb should start, they are blind and stupid.

We are all entiltled to our opinions but the best writer since the Courier Express? Come on :(

I think Dave Anderson of the NY Times is 10 times the writer Peter King could ever hope to be. Locally I think Bob Dicesare is better than Peter King. You think PK is better than Lupicca or Bob Ryan or Wilboun or Kornheiser?

He pedals mainly in rumour and inuendo. He may be one one of the better known writers but he is not close to being on par with the best. I'd put him in league with Luke Decock! :doh:

761696[/snapback]

Do these guys write for the Buffalo News?

And Bob Diceasare is just another local hack. But I guess he must have said something nice about Marv for people on this board to talk him up. :P