peter king parrotting his normal crap

todd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show some balls and reveal what vets are saying they want Holcomb if he is continually going to write about it. The only candidates are Vincent, Clements, Spikes, and Fletcher. There's no way Evans would want Holcomb over Losman and Willis could probably care less. Who's left?... Villareal - he has enough to worry about keeping his own job.

You can cross Spikes off that list.

Show some balls and reveal what vets are saying they want Holcomb if he is continually going to write about it.  The only candidates are Vincent, Clements, Spikes, and Fletcher.  There's no way Evans would want Holcomb over Losman and Willis could probably care less.  Who's left?... Villareal - he has enough to worry about keeping his own job.

761352[/snapback]

A well respected football writer would be making things up? Why?

Where there is smoke there is fire.  :w00t:

761364[/snapback]

First of all this is just some BS that Peter King is assuming has carried over from last season. Last Season there might have been a hint of truth to this. This year JP won the damn job in an outright three way competition. He won the job and was given the same chance as the other two to come to camp and show a new coaching staff what he could bring to the table. I just don't see too many guys in our locker room being on the Kelly Holcomb bandwagon anymore.

After Holcombs offseason preformance its hard to believe anyone wants him on there team let alone starting, Kings writing efforts are primarily focuse around the teams who are percieved to be contenders this year, he just fills in the blanks for teams who are subpar going into the season. Our veterans have to many personal issues to worry about. Vincent needs to worry about how old and slow he has gotten, Clements needs to worry about not being so horrrible this year. Spikes needs to worry that that injury didnt ruin is high rate of play. Ived said it before with Peter King garbage, if you want some straight forward info on the Buffalo Bills from a nation wide reporter you got to go with ESPN's chris Berman because Nobody Circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills!!!

Either he's completely ignored the Bills all pre-season and he's just restating what he heard about last year's team.

He was in Houston (but couldn't be bothered to come to Rochester for training camp) and asked Eric Moulds opinion.

Or, it's Vincent. PK kisses his butt everytime he's asked about Troy. This seems to be the way it works: player, coach or GM either spills the beans or offers opinions to a member of the media. Reporter gushes about what a great guy/player the stool pigeon is during interviews.

If it is Vincent (and, of course, I'm speculating), I'd just cut him if he's going to cause problems in the locker room. I think this is his last year with the team anyway.

A well respected football writer would be making things up? Why?

Where there is smoke there is fire.  :w00t:

761364[/snapback]

Since this starts off with "I think" rather than "I know" he can make up whatever he wants without basing it on anything.

I think that the Redskins, Dolphins, and Cowboys are not only the biggest frauds going into this year - 7-9 at best for all - I know that they are in the top 20 media markets.

I think that telling a lot of people(top 20 media markets) what they want to hear is a good way to make money. They tell us that the Vikes, Lions, Cards, Falcons, Jets, Giants and Niners - (all top 20) are going to be much better this year than last year, every year? I know that these teams(with the usual exception of one) will be average to bad this year. Or, how is it that the Lions(top 20) are rated higher than Bills and Saints(not top 20) in all the power rankings. Or, how is it that the Dolphins(top 20) are rated higher than the Bengals, Chargers and Jaguars(not top 20) - all playoff teams last year?

Is it a coincidence that we always hear the same thing year after year? I think not.

I know that my sister is in sports marketing(she just passed through here from Williamsport on her way back to Boston and I asked her about this very issue) - she knows that the buzz around the NHL is that Buffalo, Carolina and Edmonton being in the final four last year might be bad for NHL commercials/sponsorship pricing this year since none were big markets. She knows that the NHL is putting out media/marketing contracts already to counter this.

I wonder if there is some sort of unintentional(let's hope) message coming from the NFL to rate these - top 20 media - teams high so that the money keeps flowing in from the corporate sponsors. My thinking being: it doesn't matter how bad they do as long as some third party "expert" signed off on them being "better"=buzz at the beginning of the season=take their money before delivering the product=good plan. I know I will do some research on this.....Remember, I said "I think", so it's ok for me to say this without any basis in reality, just like PK, Dr. Z and the rest. :w00t:

See, I can do the same thing as Peter King as long as I say "I think" first. But, at least I have some facts to base my thoughts on - and I'm not afraid to name my sources.

If it is Vincent (and, of course, I'm speculating), I'd just cut him if he's going to cause problems in the locker room. I think this is his last year with the team anyway.

761409[/snapback]

Okay, but let's not let Peter King cause a speculative revolt among fans calling for Vincent's cut. Troy so far has handled everything well, especially with Ko who will take his starting job within the next 17 regular season games, has been a veteran leader, and is a quality guy. He is going to be an important part of helping the young D develop, and hopefully if he loses his starting spot he can handle it as well as Bledsoe did with Brady.

I can't imagine anybody rooting for Holcomb at this point, but trading Holcomb to the Colts for an 8th round pick ( :w00t: ) would make me happy at this point, and force King to find something else to write about.

That's probably how veterans felt prior to the preseason and he is still holding onto that belief, but now the players aren't. After viewing the preseason you have to come to the conclusion that JP won the battle. Now, let's hope he maintains playing well without the turnovers. If he plays horribly against the Pats then the controversy comes back again. If he does just okay, then there is no controversy.

First of all this is just some BS that Peter King is assuming has carried over from last season.  Last Season there might have been a hint of truth to this.  This year JP won the damn job in an outright three way competition.  He won the job and was given the same chance as the other two to come to camp and show a new coaching staff what he could bring to the table.  I just don't see too many guys in our locker room being on the Kelly Holcomb bandwagon anymore.

761368[/snapback]

That doesn't mean they like him.

Kings writing efforts are primarily focuse around the teams who are percieved to be contenders this year, he just fills in the blanks for teams who are subpar going into the season.

761391[/snapback]

Sad but true. Up to the Bills to get the rock rolling downhill.