Sirius NFL radio

SnakeOiler

If you remember the guys at training camp were underhandedly backstabbing JP, and routing for Holcomb to win the job.

Now they are saying he deserves it, it is the best move for the bills and that the team should be better in the long run.

Complete about face on that one!

Some of the national media appears to be coming around on jp as well.

Classic case of "tale between our legs syndrome" that these major outlets are often NOT taken to task about! I called Sirius one day and the pontificator himself, Randy Cross compared J.P. Losman to one of the great thespian actors of our time in "Dude, where's my car?". Truthfully, they know VERY little about certain teams and the Bills are definately HIGH on that list!!!

Classic case of outsiders not knowing a thing and basing their "insider" opinions on other people's outsider opinions, and then changing their insider opinions when other outsiders change their opinons. :devil:

755613[/snapback]

EXACTLY...kind of funny that people like Peter King were just recently saying that Bills players still preferred Holcomb...seriously, when was the last time he updated his research? They're all relying on the SAME outside info to make their own "insightful" contributions...

I know most of the locals don't care much for the locals news guys, but I at least respect them as credible sources of info.

If you remember the guys at training camp were underhandedly backstabbing JP, and routing for Holcomb to win the job.

Now they are saying he deserves it, it is the best move for the bills and that the team should be better in the long run.

755488[/snapback]

Just because the Bills brass chose JP, it doesn't absolutely make it the right choice. I'm hoping JP suprises me, because what we saw last year was horrible. Based on the actual games I've seen, KH would win us more games in my eyes. Time will tell when the season starts.

Just because the Bills brass chose JP, it doesn't absolutely make it the right choice.  I'm hoping JP suprises me, because what we saw last year was horrible.  Based on the actual games I've seen, KH would win us more games in my eyes.  Time will tell when the season starts.

755686[/snapback]

You havent seen much preseason then, where KH has looked out of sorts and confused with the new offense.

Just because the Bills brass chose JP, it doesn't absolutely make it the right choice.  I'm hoping JP suprises me, because what we saw last year was horrible.  Based on the actual games I've seen, KH would win us more games in my eyes.  Time will tell when the season starts.

755686[/snapback]

Actually, as the year moved on, you could see Losman getting better. No, he wasn't tearing it up, but the kinks were starting to work their way out. One poster here made an excellent point: some of the little bad things you see JP doing in the preseason this year would likely be non-existent if he was given all of last year to get the speed of the game down for him.

And Ramius is dead-on about Holcomb. You clearly haven't watched him in the preseason because he is absolutely horrible in this offense.

Classic case of outsiders not knowing a thing and basing their "insider" opinions on other people's outsider opinions, and then changing their insider opinions when other outsiders change their opinons. :devil:

755613[/snapback]

This makes perfect sense but on PPP your opinions are all inside out. Or is it outside in? The one thing we can be sure of here is perpetual change.

755488[/snapback]

Kirwan was the one at training camp that told KH he hoped he would get the job. Gil Brandt actually picked the Bills to be the surprise team this year.

755763[/snapback]

Avalanche is right. It's not an about face at all. If you asked Pattie, er PK I bet he would still say Holcomb. Thats fine thats his choice.

What pissed me off at camp was when Holcomb left them he said "now go out and win that starting job son"

Thats not really good from a host. But it is his opinion that he gets paid to say.

It was definately not the opinion of Sirius NFL Radio as Avalanche has pointed out, there are other guys on the station that have been positive about him.

Classic case of "tale between our legs syndrome" that these major outlets are often NOT taken to task about! I called Sirius one day and the pontificator himself, Randy Cross compared J.P. Losman to one of the great thespian actors of our time in "Dude, where's my car?". Truthfully, they know VERY little about certain teams and the Bills are definately HIGH on that list!!!

755610[/snapback]

Randy Cross is a penile cranium. Always was.

755488[/snapback]

Be glad they were talking about the Bills at all. I figured they should just change the name of the station to the NFC East channel. Anytime I tune in thats all they talk about no matter who the hosts are.

Another good name might be the All T.O. All The Time Channel.

755686[/snapback]

Last year the debate was over whether Mularkey should have handed the starting job to Losman (which he did until he took it away again) or let Losman and Holcomb compete and win the job. You were no doubt among those who thought it was a mistake to hand the job to Losman, and you may have been right.

When Jauron was signed as head coach and proclaimed a QB competition with Holcomb penciled in as starter until or unless beaten out, you were know doubt among those who cheered. Losman would not be given a job he had not earned. Holcomb was the better QB. He would win the competition hands down.

Well, it didn't work out that way. In the OTAs the competition was close, but in training camp it soon became evident Losman was not the same confused player he was in the regular season last year. He gained confidence from one day to the next. If he didn't always have the highest completion percentage, he was the QB who was throwing the ball downfield, getting chunks of yardage Dick Jauron made clear he was looking for. Meanwhile Holcomb appeaed to become more timid, checking down on most plays and almost never attempting anything longer than 15-20 yards. Most passes from Holcomb wer 3 or 4 yard dumpoffs. The same thing happened in games. In seven or eight drive starts Holcomb led his team to one first down (on an 18 yard pass completion). Losman has made his mistakes frowning several interceptions and fumbling the ball. He has to fix that stuff, but he's showing courage, he's reading defenses better, he's continuing to make big plays and he is even completing short passes at a better percentage than Holcomb.

So what are we hearing from Holcomb's supporters? "But last year Losman wasn't any good and Holcomb played better." It is getting tiresome.

Last year the debate was over whether Mularkey should have handed the starting job to Losman (which he did until he took it away again) or let Losman and Holcomb compete and win the job.  You were no doubt among those who thought it was a mistake to hand the job to Losman, and you may have been right. 

755891[/snapback]

Last year they should have let Bledsoe and Losman fight it out in camp....not Holcomb...I really did not see the point of releaseing Bledsoe and giving him for free to the cowboys...

TD definitely had double standards while dealing with his starting QB and starting RB.....He gave away Bledsoe for free allowing him to sign with the Cowboys, whereas he would not let Travis Henry go scott free and finally managed to get a 3rd rounder....I wish we had received a 3rd rounder for Bledsoe too...

Last year they should have let Bledsoe and Losman fight it out in camp....not Holcomb...I really did not see the point of releaseing Bledsoe and giving him for free to the cowboys...

TD definitely had double standards while dealing with his starting QB and starting RB.....He gave away Bledsoe for free allowing him to sign with the Cowboys, whereas he would not let Travis Henry go scott free and finally managed to get a 3rd rounder....I wish we had received a 3rd rounder for Bledsoe too...

755906[/snapback]

They said to Bledsoe it would be a competition in camp and that the playbook would change and favor more mobility. DB wanted no part of it and got his trade. Then JP was given the job.