Raiders sign Jeff George

Hey but there 4-0 in pre season! According to a lot of people here your pre-season record tells how you will do?

Remember when the Jets were smoking everyone in pre-season they were 5-0 then they went 5-11

Because its not "in-style" by E$PN to make fun of the Raiders, you dont hear too much about this...but IMO the Raiders will be picking in the top 3 of this year's draft.

Their Defense is just horrible.

754664[/snapback]

No kidding. At halftime, they kind of implied it was perfectly legitimate to sign a QB who hasn't played in 5 years. Made me wonder what the reaction would've been and how long it would take someone to bring out the senility and geritol jokes had it been the Bills bringing George in.

Don't ever wonder about the state of QBing in the NFL, this signing addresses the abysmal situation most teams have. There are probably 10 QB's worthy of starting status and the rest are journeymen who have to start. Pitiful really!!

I can't believe that I'm going to go out on a limb and leave myself open for a big time bashing but here it goes.

At first this signing looks retarded but it could turn out to be a good move. Here's some aspects that need to be or has already been established.

a) This signing shows that the Raiders are not in favor of Brooks.

b) The physical condition of George. If I'm not mistaken he has kept in shape and has worked out these last few years.

c) The Raiders don't have any confidence with any other QB on the roster to step in as the starter if Brooks doesn't work out.

d) Can this offensive line pass protect for any Raider QB?

e) George's mindset and his willingness to redeem himself.

Now here are a few aspects that are proven or that are known.

a) Al Davis loves a vertical game.

b) Art Shell is a HOF offensive lineman and is working OT on this offensive line.

c) The Raiders are loaded with potential big time WRs.

d) LaMont Jordan can be a threat in the run game, just as long as he gets his mind right.

e) George has a cannon for an arm, even at this stage of his life.

f) The Raiders didn't sign George because he's a good old boy.

g) Brooks hasn't established himself on this team as of yet.

If the Raiders could find themselves a QB who can lead this team and throw the ball downfield successfully then they could definitely be a scoring machine.

OK, now blast away.