P. King continues to slam Marv

mary owen

That's brutal by Petey. See below for a flotsam definition (why must he use such big words with the football crowd

1. the part of the wreckage of a ship and its cargo found floating on the water. Compare jetsam, lagan.

2. material or refuse floating on water.

3. useless or unimportant items; odds and ends.

4. a vagrant, penniless population: the flotsam of the city slums in medieval Europe.

You know I like to say to Peter is.

Stop talking about coffee and Brett Favre (He has a huge hard-on for) and using words that knuckle head football fans have to use a dictionary to understand it's meaning, Dennis Miller, errr I mean Peter.

The part of the article that is being referenced is "would the Bills pick up Deione Branch?".

My answer is NO not worth the money or trouble.

• Buffalo ($8.8 million under): The Pats aren't afraid to deal within the division, as they showed with Drew Bledsoe. But maybe the bomb Peerless Price caught from J.P. Losman the other night will make Marv Levy think he can get by with Lee Evans and flotsam at wideout.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...qb.camps/4.html

754490[/snapback]

Patience...Marv will have the last laugh. And then it will be our turn.

Oh by the way, Peter..how's Mike Williams?

Minor detail: they wanted him for the vet minimum.

Does Peter know the Pats too wanted Peerless Price?

I'm sure if he knew the model organization was willing to sign him it would change Peter's outlook.

754543[/snapback]

Sure. If Drew keeps putting up numbers like this, he will soon be out of football entirely.  :P

754507[/snapback]

Jesus, Bill...why does a moron like me have to point out to a smart football dude like you that Bledsoe has the best arm of any rested quarterback. The key here is "rested." Somewhere around week 8 he'll be done. He'll look great for the first four games, and then the sacks will take their toll, and TO will be bitching at him, and then everything will fall apart.

Again.

Jesus, Bill...why does a moron like me have to point out to a smart football dude like you that Bledsoe has the best arm of any rested quarterback. The key here is "rested." Somewhere around week 8 he'll be done. He'll look great for the first four games, and then the sacks will take their toll, and TO will be bitching at him, and then everything will fall apart.

Again.

754676[/snapback]

I don't totally dispute what you say, but some posters admittedly irritate me with the "glass house" thing. Certainly you know what I mean.

My life has taught me to not jump out and praise people until they have proven things.

If there is a "theme" to my posts, it is NOT that Drew is the best qb ever. Nah, I just have serious problems with the way my beloved Bills are being built. That, and I am just not willing to heap praise upon Losman until he doesn't suck.

If you think about it for just a few seconds LA; I am thinking that I am being fairly reasonable, no?

... and at the end of it all, they'll be just fine. Chad Jackson, once healthy has a ton of upside. Maroney will beef up the run game and Ben Watson will have a breakout year as a receiving threat. As long as #12 is out there, they'll be fine.

Yep and that's why they have no one at WR currently.

754673[/snapback]

... and at the end of it all, they'll be just fine.  Chad Jackson, once healthy has a ton of upside.  Maroney will beef up the run game and Ben Watson will have a breakout year as a receiving threat.  As long as #12 is out there, they'll be fine.

It's not their offense that will determine their fate, it's their defense. Always has been, always will be. But the lack of WR's will make a difference. Fortunately for them the division is still weak and it should be another division title for them.

The offense carried the load last year.

It's not their offense that will determine their fate, it's their defense.  Always has been, always will be.  But the lack of WR's will make a difference. Fortunately for them the division is still weak and it should be another division title for them.

754724[/snapback]

That's brutal by Petey.  See below for a flotsam definition (why must he use such big words with the football crowd

1. the part of the wreckage of a ship and its cargo found floating on the water. Compare jetsam, lagan. 

4. a vagrant, penniless population: the flotsam of the city slums in medieval Europe.

754492[/snapback]

Well, it is what it is. Our #2 WR will be somebody that is a street free agent that nobody else really wanted at even a reasonably price let alone the 4 yr $10 M contract he sign for OR a $9-10M guy that was being offered about half by Carolina and generally nobody wanted for a #3 with possibilities to be a #2 ...

• Buffalo ($8.8 million under): The Pats aren't afraid to deal within the division, as they showed with Drew Bledsoe. But maybe the bomb Peerless Price caught from J.P. Losman the other night will make Marv Levy think he can get by with Lee Evans and flotsam at wideout.

No fewer than four former second-round draft picks, with a combined 607 receptions/8260 yds/49 TD catches in their NFL careers, equals "flotsam"?

Alllllllrighty then. I wouldn't rank the current crop of Bills WRs up there with the A. Reed / Lofton / Beebe era just yet, but I don't hate 'em, either.

It's not their offense that will determine their fate, it's their defense.  Always has been, always will be.  But the lack of WR's will make a difference. Fortunately for them the division is still weak and it should be another division title for them.

754724[/snapback]

I think their fate will be be determined by their kicker. Vinateri won MANY BIG Games for the Pats, and they replaced him with who? And people talk about the ? on the Bills. :P

I didn't get as defensive about the comments as most in this thread. Maybe he overstated it a bit, but I don't think he is completely out of line. None of the receivers on our roster have proven anything.

I didn't get as defensive about the comments as most in this thread.  Maybe he overstated it a bit, but I don't think he is completely out of line.  None of the receivers on our roster have proven anything.

754974[/snapback]

I disgaree. Peerless is a former 1000 yard reciever say what you want but thats one thousand yard season more then deion branch has had. I still believe michael vick will never have a 1000 yard wr, not because the receivers aren't good but because Michael Vick is not a competant passing qb. And Evans has branch smoked. I could compare it to branches first 2 years but it leans even heavier in favor of evans

2004 nwe | 9 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 35 454 13.0 4

2005 nwe | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 78 998 12.8 5

| 2004 buf | 16 | 5 85 17.0 0 | 48 843 17.6 9 |

| 2005 buf | 16 | 4 38 9.5 0 | 48 743 15.5 7 |

in 4 seasons branch has a grand total of 14 tds. Evans has 16 in 2 seasons. Not that Deion branch isnt a good receiver he's been money in the superbowls, but I definitly wouldnt take him over evans, and if peerless is even that mediocre receiver he was in atlanta he's a push with branch.

I disgaree.  Peerless is a former 1000 yard reciever say what you want but thats one thousand yard season more then deion branch has had. I still believe  michael vick will never have a 1000 yard wr, not because the receivers aren't good but because Michael Vick is not a competant passing qb. And Evans has branch smoked. I could compare it to branches first 2  years but it leans even heavier in favor of evans

2004 nwe |  9 |    0    0    0.0    0 |    35    454  13.0 4

2005 nwe | 16 |  0      0    0.0    0 |    78  998  12.8  5

| 2004 buf |  16 |    5    85  17.0    0 |    48    843  17.6    9 |

| 2005 buf |  16 |    4    38    9.5    0 |    48    743  15.5    7 |

in 4 seasons branch has a grand total of 14 tds. Evans has 16 in 2 seasons. Not that Deion branch isnt a good receiver he's been money in the superbowls, but I definitly wouldnt take him over evans, and if peerless is even that mediocre receiver he was in atlanta he's a push with branch.

754976[/snapback]

I was going to note Evans as the exception but he hasn't been a #1 yet. Peerless success was years ago with a different offense and QB. The jury is still out whether or not he can recapture any of his former magic. I don't think all too highly of Branch either, but that was never the point of my post. I don't think they should trade for Branch, a me type guy looking for a payday, but he is better than everyone on our roster outside of Evans.

I didn't get as defensive about the comments as most in this thread.  Maybe he overstated it a bit, but I don't think he is completely out of line.  None of the receivers on our roster have proven anything.

754974[/snapback]

INK, the reason a lot here get pissed at fata$$ is because he has blasted Marv and the Bills more than once since the firing of Old Whitey.....then he goes and pimps Donohoe by lecturing Bills fans that we should have been careful what we wished for when we applauded the firing of TD.

wish I had some of the links, but I can tell you this, if you read them, you'd see just how harsh his writing tone was.

That's brutal by Petey.  See below for a flotsam definition (why must he use such big words with the football crowd

754492[/snapback]

...most of which can ably describe your average "But enough about football, let's talk about Starbucks and field hockey" Peter King article, ironically. :doh:

Maybe I'm oversimplifying this, but just stop reading Peter King. The guy has almost nothing pertinent to add to any football based discussion. It seems, at this point, he is merely spewing regurgitated headlines and making up the rest. When was the last time he provided any real insight?

INK, the reason a lot here get pissed at fata$$ is because he has blasted Marv and the Bills more than once since the firing of Old Whitey.....then he goes and pimps Donohoe by lecturing Bills fans that we should have been careful what we wished for when we applauded the firing of TD.

wish I had some of the links, but I can tell you this, if you read them, you'd see just how harsh his writing tone was.

755191[/snapback]

I've read the insults. The last piece of "journalism" by itself is not terribley inflammatory.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying this, but just stop reading Peter King.  The guy has almost nothing pertinent to add to any football based discussion.  It seems, at this point, he is merely spewing regurgitated headlines and making up the rest.  When was the last time he provided any real insight?

755212[/snapback]

Best post of the thread!

755191[/snapback]

I remember an article, but I don't want to find the link, where he graded the draft from five years ago, to which he said we had a good draft and that we were dumb for getting rid of TD basically. Somehow I'm sure he'll forget to point this out next year when he grades the 2002 draft.

I remember an article, but I don't want to find the link, where he graded the draft from five years ago, to which he said we had a good draft and that we were dumb for getting rid of TD basically.  Somehow I'm sure he'll forget to point this out next year when he grades the 2002 draft.

755217[/snapback]

exactly....thanks for no playoff team, TD!!! :doh:

Eat my ass Peter King, BTW really looks like Romo will be taking over in Dallas pretty damn soon.

754495[/snapback]

Ahhh, you must be one of the bitter FFLers who listened to Mr. Starbucks and drafted Danny Wuerrfel with your number 1 pick a few years ago.

Ahhh, you must be one of the bitter FFLers who listened to Mr. Starbucks and drafted Danny Wuerrfel with your number 1 pick a few years ago.

755366[/snapback]

:doh:

Classic. Like any sports-opinion guy, King has his share of both hits and misses... and I'd have to say that one was a world-class, make-yourself-look-silly strikeout.