Lenny P

Rico

A KH trade would make sense -- I don't think the Bills could get a 5th for him though considering that's what they got for Moulds (a starter) where as Holcomb would be a backup.

If Nall plays well tomorrow night and proves he can hold down the number 2 job, I don't see why they wouldn't swing a deal. It's no secret that KH doesn't fit into the new system.

751748[/snapback]

The Bills should get at least a mid round 5 for Kelly Holcomb. For what he lacks arm strength he makes up for in leadership and "true" team player. Even through this "unfair" QB competition, Holcomb has not complained.

On the other end of the galaxy is Eric "Pluto" Moulds who had for years hled back a talented WR group. Downgraded and feeling underappreciated TO2 caused problems in the locker room, front office and media. If the Bills received a 5 for this guy.......sweetier returns are due for "Noodle Arm."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what he lacks arm strength he makes up for in leadership and "true" team player.  Even through this  "unfair" QB competition, Holcomb has not complained.

751823[/snapback]

What? Exactly what leadership has he shown, and how has this been an unfair QB competition?

What?  Exactly what leadership has he shown, and how has this been an unfair QB competition?

751851[/snapback]

....try some Folgers tomorrow morning. The offensive scheme suits JP Losman's game better than Kelly Holcomb. I'll try to provide more infomation later. I have my Fantasy draft in 2 hours.

....try some Folgers tomorrow morning.  The offensive scheme suits JP Losman's game better than Kelly Holcomb.  I'll try to provide more infomation later.  I have my Fantasy draft in 2 hours.

751856[/snapback]

...except that the point of a QB competition is to find the QB that can run your offense the best. Not to find out what QB can run whichever system fits him best better then the other QB's most appropriate system.

...except that the point of a QB competition is to find the QB that can run your offense the best.  Not to find out what QB can run whichever system fits him best better then the other QB's most appropriate system.

751861[/snapback]

Imagine how JP would have looked if he had been in the 1st quarter against the Carolina defense. Not to say that he would have done any worse, but if you had to feed one of them to the panthers 1st stringers....

Imagine how JP would have looked if he had been in the 1st quarter against the Carolina defense.  Not to say that he would have done any worse, but if you had to feed one of them to the panthers 1st stringers....

751863[/snapback]

I don't think that its exactly been fair by any stretch of the imagination, don't get me wrong, and for good reason. Having Holcomb as the QB would have been a disaster and a stupid move.

However, I don't think that the "system" had anything to do with it being unfair.

I think what it has been fair for, howevber, is seeing if JP can be the leader of this football team. All he had to do was prove that he could be nearly as good as Holcomb, or a bit worse (with his own unique positives) for him to get the nod.

I do think that if Nall comes in and lights it up that its not definite that JP has won the job. I would expect for Marv and DJ to do anything they could to make sure that one of those guys wins it over Holcomb if the battle was close.

Ryan Denney is starting to look like a decent pick. Crowell is looking like a good pick. Peters like an excellent signing. Willis may finally arrive. Evans was a great pick. Greer and King look like they can step into another good to great pick's shoes when he leaves. McGee is awesome. TD got a ton of crap for Lindell who is looking like one of the better kickers in the league. He signed the best punter in the league.

You forgot Takeo Spikes

and Aaron Schobel

and Chis Villarial

and London Fletcher

and Sam Adams

Oh yeah, and Bobby April

and Dick Lebeau

and Sam Wyche

and Jim McNally

But who's counting? :w00t:

i agree, but i also think that those players not being developed until after TD is gone says something as well...

C'mon man, are you seriously suggesting that those players sucked until a few months ago and just suddenly developed this summer after TD was gone? :D

No one is going to give anyone anything for Holcomb.

Betcha Donahoe would have got something. :P

You forgot Takeo Spikes

and Aaron Schobel

and Chis Villarial

and London Fletcher

and Sam Adams

Oh yeah, and Bobby April

and Dick Lebeau

and Sam Wyche

and Jim McNally

But who's counting?   :w00t:

C'mon man, are you seriously suggesting that those players sucked until a few months ago and just suddenly developed this summer after TD was gone?  :D

Betcha Donahoe would have got something.  :P

751900[/snapback]

:D The loyal order of the brothers of Pennsyltucky have officially elected you grand poohbah :D

Man you guys stick together through thick and thin....

:P The loyal order of the brothers of Pennsyltucky have officially elected you grand poohbah  :D

Man you guys stick together through thick and thin....

751908[/snapback]

And that's why Western Pennsyltucky has never been invaded by a foreign power! :w00t:

Donahoe would have got something.  :P

751900[/snapback]

Getting a first round pick for Price should get Donahoe into the 'Hall Of Fame' :D

You could trade any of the three QBs it's not going to matter. The future of this offense depends on the repaired knee of McGahee. Which is why not making the offenseive line the top priority is the biggest mistake that who ever the GM is has made. :w00t:

I suggested a while back about possibly trading Holcomb.....

Get what you can for him...he does not fit the offense. A fifth maybe? You can take that fifth in the draft and package it up to get into the 3rd or 4th round and possibly pick up a decent player........

I personally would like to see Craig Och's get a shot at the 3rd QB position...it is a developmental position anyway.

Get what you can for him...he does not fit the offense.  A fifth maybe?  You can take that fifth in the draft and package it up to get into the 3rd or 4th round and possibly pick up a decent player........

I personally would like to see Craig Och's get a shot at the 3rd QB position...it is a developmental position anyway.

751937[/snapback]

You have my vote as the next Bills GM. If the Bills ever decide to have one again :P

Get what you can for him...he does not fit the offense.  A fifth maybe?  You can take that fifth in the draft and package it up to get into the 3rd or 4th round and possibly pick up a decent player........

751937[/snapback]

John, I swear. You couldn't get a fifth of Jack for him let alone a fifth round pick.