Losman has the potential to be very good but

firstngoal

Losman has the ability to be a decent NFL QB if he can hold onto the football and cut down on his mistakes....but even if he does pan out I'm not sure he will ever be as good as either Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler two QB's that we passed up in the Draft.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman has the ability to be a decent NFL QB if he can hold onto the football and cut down on his mistakes....but even if he does pan out I'm not sure he will ever be as good as either Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler two QB's that we passed up in the Draft.

747198[/snapback]

Can we please once and for all take Matt Leinart , with his Hollywood lifestyle, soft arm, and Top 3 contract demands, out of this discussion? Cutler could be another story but ML was just not a fit for Buffalo. Also Cutler has played once, in a preseason game. We may not know much about him til atleast next season.

my advice is for you to get over it... Losman's our guy... If he does well, then great... TD actually did something right. If not, release him after this year and roll with another option at QB. But nitpicking over other QBs is fruitless... Had this board been alive in 1983-1986, it would have crashed daily discussing how we picked up some snobby guy who wouldn't play for us and chose the USFL instead of dan marino.

Can we please once and for all take Matt Leinart , with his Hollywood lifestyle, soft arm, and Top 3 contract demands, out of this discussion? Cutler could be another story but ML was just not a fit for Buffalo. Also Cutler has played once, in a preseason game. We may not know much about him til atleast next season.

747202[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. Could you imagine a qb duel between Leinart and Losman? <_<:(

When the temperature dips below 50º, Leinart thinks it's cold. B-r-r-r-r-r!

While he may turn out to be a decent QB in a warm-climate or dome-playing team, it would have been idiotic for the Bills to draft him.

my advice is for you to get over it...  Losman's our guy...  If he does well, then great...  TD actually did something right.  If not, release him after this year and roll with another option at QB.  But nitpicking over other QBs is fruitless...  Had this board been alive in 1983-1986, it would have crashed daily discussing how we picked up some snobby guy who wouldn't play for us and chose the USFL instead of dan marino.

747203[/snapback]

But if danny had been our QB I GUARANTEE we would have won all 4 SBs <_<

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing last night. Kelly made his share of bonehead plays but they were the exception and were quickly overlooked when the next gems were made and because he was family. Losman makes a gaff and the loudmouth drunk starts with Flute and 0-16 chants. If you want instant gratification; masturbate.

747202[/snapback]

Leinart wouldn't have been a fit here and I shouldn't have put him in this topic...but I think Cutler is going to be SPECIAL and we passed him up! <_<

I couldn't agree more. Could you imagine a qb duel between Leinart and Losman?  :(  :)

747206[/snapback]

I'm getting very, very tired of Qb Duels in this town <_<

If only the team had played the kid all season last year we'd be further along in his development and know more of what we have.

Oh, so am I, but I have a feeling that there is one left.

747219[/snapback]

You could be right, and I assume you're speaking of JP vs. Nall.

From everything I've seen and heard, Jp is the only one of the three that can really make this offense go. They really do plan on stretching the field alot, it is obvious both in practice and in games. He has shown that ability from the start this year and in the game last night. But the turnovers cannot continue to be a trend with him

Nall managed a good game last night, which is important and good for him He doesn't appear to have the same abilites to throw the longer out and in routes, although he seems far superior to KH in that dept. He deserves a chance in this thing still, but only if JP doesn't show progress in the areas of concern above. Before and after the injury, Nall has thrown atleast as many poor passes in camp as Holcomb has.

Holcomb is a shell of his former self, which was no great shakes to begin with. He has gone from a backup that I feel very comfortable with to a guy that looks out of his element in this new offense.

747202[/snapback]

Absolutely not. This kid is a winner (see last year's ND game) who managed a complex offense for three incredibly productive years. Until JP proves he is a legitimate starting QB or Leinhart falls flat on his face, the comparisons and "what-ifs" are valid IMO.

Absolutely not.  This kid is a winner (see last year's ND game) who managed a complex offense for three incredibly productive years.  Until JP proves he is a legitimate starting QB or Leinhart falls flat on his face, the comparisons and "what-ifs" are valid IMO.

747229[/snapback]

You mean because college success for quarterbacks is a good measure of success in the NFL?

Leinhart would have been a disaster in Buffalo, regardless of what he accomplishes elsewhere.

You could be right, and I assume you're speaking of JP vs. Nall.

From everything I've seen and heard, Jp is the only one of the three that can really make this offense go. They really do plan on stretching the field alot, it is obvious both in practice and in games. He has shown that ability from the start this year and in the game last night. But the turnovers cannot continue to be a trend with him

Nall managed a good game last night, which is important and good for him He doesn't appear to have the same abilites to throw the longer out and in routes, although he seems far superior to KH in that dept. He deserves a chance in this thing still, but only if JP doesn't show progress in the areas of concern above.

747221[/snapback]

With 2 pre-season games to go before Week 1, that is still a very big IF that is yet to be resolved.

You mean because college success for quarterbacks is a good measure of success in the NFL? 

Leinhart would have been a disaster in Buffalo, regardless of what he accomplishes elsewhere.

747232[/snapback]

Why can't you be smart like this over in the baseball forum? :(<_<

Desperate how? By bringing up facts from a body of work over the course of a guy's playing career?

747254[/snapback]

Desperate times call for desperate spinning. <_<

Here's to JP finally stepping up and distancing himself from the crowd next game.