Eric Moulds Traded For 5th Round Pic Kyle Williams

Mark VI

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your kidding right? Moulds for a guy who had one nice game -- preseason? Come on man...

Moulds was an all-pro on a crap team for years. He played with crap talent around him, crap QBs, and tons of different coaches. The camp darling Williams has to do more than shed two double teams in a meaningless game for me to buy his jersey. Fred Smerlas PART II?

Your kidding right?  Moulds for a guy who had one nice game -- preseason?  Come on man...

Moulds was an all-pro on a crap team for years.  He played with crap talent around him, crap QBs, and tons of different coaches.  The camp darling Williams has to do more than shed two double teams in a meaningless game for me to buy his jersey.  Fred Smerlas PART II?

744113[/snapback]

I'm talking about current form... not the past Sparky.

Do you EVER make an intelligent post ?

744118[/snapback]

I don't really want to jump to Roscoes defense but.....he does have a point.

At this point it looks like KW will become a solid player(at least) but untill he is playing good football in regular games, it is just pre-season. When he proves himself, then I will more than agree with your point....for now, it looks like your point is looking solid but not yet proven.

Go KW....prove the point!!! :blush:

744118[/snapback]

Bro,

There giving Prozac to almost anyone these days.

Moulds today, or 5 yrs ago is worth more than the prospect of Kyle Williams being the next Warren Sape at this point. YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT KYLE WILLIAMS!!! Who the Fu0K is he? Eric Moulds will post later and call you out...

Bro,

Moulds today, or 5 yrs ago is worth more than the prospect of Kyle Williams being the next Warren Sape at this point.  YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT KYLE WILLIAMS!!!  Who the Fu0K is he?  Eric Moulds will post later and call you out...

744125[/snapback]

i am very glad we have kyle williams instead of eric moulds...............dosnt matter that kyle was a 5th round draft pick.....he is a football player and we will be talking about him for years to come barring injury....go bills in"06

Moulds is gone and whatever we got in return is better than having him here. We didn't win with him and we can lose without him just as well. He didn't want to be here, goodbye. Why keep him around? Let him play out his last few years where he is somebody else's problem. He was a good receiver, he still a decent receiver, but he wasn't going to help this team much this year or next year.

I'll take that exchage 100 times out of 100.

744099[/snapback]

Now I like Kyle Williams, probably more than anyone on this board, and I do believe he will become a solid NT for years because he's not your ordinary "great white hype" d-lineman like some believe, but after one preseason game, that's a bold thing to say, and not very fair to Moulds. Moulds was really the only bright spot for the Bills for a while. He was dedicated to the franchise and would bend over backwards for us. So it's way to early to post this. That said, I do believe your post will sound alot better in a couple years.

Moulds was at the end of his Bills career and was looking to get released outright. Meanwhile, Marv held out and appears to have traded Moulds for a guy who will start for the forseeable future. Not only a good trade but great use of the draft. It's more than 1 game on Williams, it's the entire camp and the fact he's already been promoted to starter.

Now I like Kyle Williams, probably more than anyone on this board, and I do believe he will become a solid NT for years because he's not your ordinary "great white hype" d-lineman like some believe, but after one preseason game, that's a bold thing to say, and not very fair to Moulds. Moulds was really the only bright spot for the Bills for a while. He was dedicated to the franchise and would bend over backwards for us. So it's way to early to post this. That said, I do believe your post will sound alot better in a couple years.

744141[/snapback]

Without even considering the level of Moulds' play of late, consider

a.) Moulds was definitely leaving the team, and

b.) all the pundits said that, because of the above knowledge, no team would be stupid enough to trade for him but rather wait for his release...

I'd say it's a fair swap...

Your kidding right?  Moulds for a guy who had one nice game -- preseason?  Come on man...

Moulds was an all-pro on a crap team for years.  He played with crap talent around him, crap QBs, and tons of different coaches.  The camp darling Williams has to do more than shed two double teams in a meaningless game for me to buy his jersey.  Fred Smerlas PART II?

744113[/snapback]

Moulds has been holding back a very talented WR corp. I'm excited to see the group find its own identity and take it it to the next level. Bye bye Eric!!!!

Bro,

Moulds today, or 5 yrs ago is worth more than the prospect of Kyle Williams being the next Warren Sape at this point.  YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT KYLE WILLIAMS!!!  Who the Fu0K is he?  Eric Moulds will post later and call you out...

744125[/snapback]

The better question is who the fuOK is Warren Sape?

.... no team would be stupid enough to trade for him but rather wait for his release...

744148[/snapback]

And the thing that really, totally, honestly amazes me to the max is that the sages that frequent this site (when not digging trenches for MCI) don't get this basic fact of the brilliance of the trade.

The trade is good from a standpoint we got a starter out of a 5th rd pick, for a wr on the downside of his career. Eric Moulds is one of my all time favorite bills, but if Kyle Williams helps us improve in the trenches on defense and becomes a good dt then you really can't argue with the trade.

Bro,

744125[/snapback]

According to Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide; Kyle Williams-The way we see it: Does not have great measurables but plays much bigger than his size and warrants comparisons to Vikings 2000 FIRST ROUND pick and currant Buccaneers DT Chris Hovan. A rolling ball of butcher knives, he will slap and push around anything in his way to get in the backfield. A throwback, old school tough guy who needs to play in a penetrating, upfield attack where he is on the move. 2006 Draft projection - 3rd round That is who Kyle Williams is - not the next Sapp ( not Sape you idiot) but the next Hovan :blush: