"Bust" Philip Rivers...

Dr. K

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He threw two clutch 20+ yard throws on the last drive and if their coach hadn't thrown away one of their prescious timeouts with that ridiculous challenge, he may have had a chance to get them even closer.

He played like a vet all season.

I'm completely happy with JP, but Rivers has NOTHING to be embarrased about.

How DARE I even THINK about wanting a QB who went 14-2 over one who went 7-9. :blink:

It's actually an interesting question to consider what the Bills record would have been if Rivers were their quarterback and JP was on the Chargers. I doubt the Bills would have been any better than 7-9, but there is probably a good chance that the Chargers would not have been 14-2. In the long run, Losman has a chance to be better than Rivers, but he isn't there now. And there is a chance that Rivers has some kind of ceiling, but I think he's going to be very good. In the long run, I think I would rather have JP or Rivers over Eli or Big Ben.

LT, the Chargers OL, and the Chargers Front 7 have ZERO to do with that?

LT creates TD's...our RB just procreates.

Like pitchers, QB's have W/L records associated with them. Sometimes, its not a fair representation of their overall play, but for the most part, they are.

I recall a QB who-shall-not-be-named a buncha years back that didnt have all world talent, but "just won." He was considered a successful QB based SOLELY on his W/L record.

Bottom line....River's stepped in and wom with this Chargers team. And was playing VERY well up intil yesterday. So to imply that it was "wrong" to look at a QB leading one of the league's best team is silly.

yeah what a crap year rivers had. his first year started he made the pro bowl and QB'd a team to a 14-2 record. what a bum. yes they didn't win the game sunday but they were praying God's chosen football missionaries on earth. most mortals stand no chance anyway. if i was a sd fan i'd be very happy with having rivers, just like im happy we have losman. both are up and comers.

Yes I would still take Rivers over Losman. Losman may be the most physicially talented qb from that draft. However Rivers is probably the smartest. For a 1st year starter he very rarely seems rattled by pressure. He delivers passes with good accuracy and has a stronger arm then he's sometimes given credit for. Yeah he has LT behind him, but Rivers is damn good in his own right. He has the ncaa record for completition pct and very rarely throws ints. It tends to translate well to the nfl level. Losman could prove to be the best of the bunch but for now I still say Rivers will be.