Why the heck wouldn't you play Whitner tomorrow?

stevewin

Who cares if he might not know absolutely everything about the defense yet - just treat it like a full contact practice then. Let him get out there and see what an NFL game is like - the full-speed/contact game experience can only be good for him.

Who cares if he might not know absolutely everything about the defense yet - just treat it like a full contact practice then.  Let him get out there and see what an NFL game is like - the full-speed/contact game experience can only be good for him.

740914[/snapback]

running around out there without knowing exactly what you are doing and what your responsibilities are is recipe for injury. especially if your not used to the speed of the game.

running around out there without knowing exactly what you are doing and what your responsibilities are is recipe for injury. especially if your not used to the speed of the game.

740921[/snapback]

A recipe for being in the wrong place at the wrong time perhaps, but injury? Sorry, aint buying.

Who cares if he might not know absolutely everything about the defense yet - just treat it like a full contact practice then.  Let him get out there and see what an NFL game is like - the full-speed/contact game experience can only be good for him.

740914[/snapback]

Tradition?

Show up late and sit. Football or otherwise... Responsibility for actions... :devil:

I would think that if he were less conditioned then those who reported on time, he might be at increased risk of injury.

A recipe for being in the wrong place at the wrong time perhaps, but injury?  Sorry, aint buying.

740923[/snapback]

740914[/snapback]

Because every play that Whitner is on the field for, is one more nail in Wire's coffin. :devil:

I'd throw him in there....man's been playing football for many years, its the scheme not the game he's lagging slightly on.  Get his feet wet and get that first hit in.

740938[/snapback]

It goes towards the head coach's authority. Never polish the knob of a holdout, don't buckle and give 'em a showcase. The moneyed Donte needs to earn his place. At this point, every soul that showed and worked and sweated camp is a far better NFL player.

The boy has some proving to do before he's accepted by men. By his team.

It goes towards the head coach's authority. Never polish the knob of a holdout, don't  buckle and give 'em a showcase. The moneyed Donte needs to earn his place. At this point, every soul that showed and worked and sweated camp is a far better NFL player.

The boy has some proving to do before he's accepted by men. His team.

740952[/snapback]

Word.

It goes towards the head coach's authority. Never polish the knob of a holdout, don't  buckle and give 'em a showcase. The moneyed Donte needs to earn his place. At this point, every soul that showed and worked and sweated camp is a far better NFL player.

740952[/snapback]

We have a winner.

740952[/snapback]

While we know the phrase in bold ain't true, I agree, somewhat, with your statement. I'm not for this gung-ho macho disciplinary stuff, but there is something to be said for rewarding the guys who have been in camp the entire time. Also, I think the less familiar you are with the schemes, the more likely it is you will get hurt.

Besides, it's only the frirst preseason game. Who really gives a flying fuc#?

I don't now if an 8-day hold out needs to be punished, or we have to pretend he is not our opening day starter after being picked #8.

I guess Coy Wire needs his reps :devil:

I'd like to just see Dante play and play a bunch. But as long as Holcomb doesn't go four quarters because he gives us a better chance to beat Carolina I'll be happy. And maybe Shelton can not touch the ball on the goal line. I'm just ready for some football.

Just how the hell was he a "holdout"?! He was unsigned. Bills management is just as culpable in not signing him on time as Whitner is of not signing. That's the business end of sports and every player on the team knows that. He's signed, he's in...play him and get his feet wet, if only for a short time.

740914[/snapback]

Because he would prolly make an ass out of himself. It's like starting Coy Wire blindfolded!