Should Kiss be in the rock and roll HOF?

USMCBillsFan

Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?

• Yes
    • No

I say absolutely. No matter what you think of their "gimmick" or whatever, they've been rocking since the early 70's. They've sold millions and millions of records nearly all going gold or platinum. I read in the paper and heard on the radio today that there were protests outside the HOF in Cleveland yesterday. I say good for them. This band as recent as last year was still selling out every show they did. The absolutely should be in.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, first live show I ever saw.....1976 I think at the NF Convention Center.  General admission, no seats on the floor.  Ahhhhhh, the good ole days.

737456[/snapback]

Yeah, my first live show too. 1978, I was 9. I've loved them ever since. Always, even when I saw them on their reunion and farewell tours, put on a GREAT show. Some of their albums stunk (the Elder comes to mind) but nealy all of them had one or two great songs but they were pretty unmatched live.

To the people that voted 'no', I must ask that you explain your reasoning.

A bands presence in the HoF should be determined by things like influence, sales, longevity, importance, innovation, etc. Just voting 'no' because you don't like them is a bit juvenille.

I was never a huge Kiss fan.

But, should they be in the Rock Hall? Absolutely. The band has shown longevity and sold millions of records, helping to change the face of rock and roll, and pave the way for bands like Twisted Sister. Granted, there was never anything that Gene Simmons wouldn't sell that didn't have the Kiss logo slapped on it.

These guys are now in their late 50s and still performing in full makeup...and seeing Simmons on the promos for his reality show, thank God for that. :)

I saw the headline in the Plain Dealer yesterday... linky.

Mike

Yeah, Kiss, they were big on that mid-late 70's disco circuit.

737517[/snapback]

listen to the samples at the bottom of the page.

AFAIAC, Kiss is no more ROCK and ROLL than Hansen or the Backstreet Boys.

From that era, you have the likes of AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and Uriah Heep.

Tell me you think Kiss is better than any of those bands.

Edit: I forgot Alice Cooper, too.

Kiss...lol

Alicer Cooper Rocked too! Saw him on his Only Women Bleed tour at the NF Convention Center. Great show and great songs.

Saw Zappa in the mid 80s at UB and in Toronto. Expert guitarist.

for those that are young and don't like Kiss, listen to Kiss Alive! That's the album that made them famous.

Talent. :)

737641[/snapback]

Saying Sabbath has no talent is even more ridiculous than calling Alice In Chains and Nirvana "garbage".

Even if you don't like that kind of music there is no denying Sabbath was one of the greatest rock bands ever. They helped define a new genre and have influenced artists for over 35 years.