Who is the worst Bills QB of all-time?

Vote for who you think is the worst Bills QB ever (Kelly, Ferguson, & Kemp exempted)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for who you think is the worst Bills QB ever (Kelly, Ferguson, & Kemp exempted)

• Drew Bledsoe ('02-04)
    • Doug Flutie ('98-00)
    • Dennis Shaw ('70-73)
    • Rob Johnson ('98-01)
    • Todd Collins ('95-97)
    • Alex Van Pelt ('95-03)
    • Frank Reich ('85-94)
    • John Green ('60-61)
    • Daryle Lamonica ('63-66)
    • Dan Darragh ('68-70)
    • Vince Ferragamo ('85)
    • Gary Marangi ('74-76)
    • Bruce Mathison ('85)
    • Kelly Holcomb ('05)
    • JP Losman ('04-05)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RJ, hands down.  Great example of how physical talent doesn't translate into victories, or even good stats.  Rob Johnson had neither the heart nor the head to be a winner.

Mike

736167[/snapback]

but worse than Todd Collins? Johnson showed flashes of brilliance.

Some of the names on that list I don't recognize so I'm going with the one's I know

I'll have to say Todd Collins, although alot of his problems were not his fault. He wasn't exactly "surrounded by talent" with that OLine and throwing to an aged Andre Reed, Quinn Early, and Frrrrriiiiggggiiin Lonnie Johnson. When things started to take a turn for the worse the fans turned on him because as a 1st year starter he couldn't handle it as well as the HoF veteran the fans were used to

but worse than Todd Collins? Johnson showed flashes of brilliance.

736168[/snapback]

There was so much more wasted on RJ's part.

Todd Collins was just a stiff, and I think we all knew it, deep down, at the time.

Mike

There was so much more wasted on RJ's part. 

Todd Collins was just a stiff, and I think we all knew it, deep down, at the time.

Mike

736175[/snapback]

TC was a bigger stiff than RJ who did occasionally show he had some game.

RJ has a worse rep however because the leper mesiah was supposed to be our next Jim Kelly type franchise QB but just ended up disappointing

TC was a bigger stiff than RJ who did occasionally show he had some game.

RJ has a worse rep however because the leper mesiah was supposed to be our next Jim Kelly type franchise QB but just ended up disappointing

736179[/snapback]

They both had major mental obstacles to overcome. Collins was replacing the greatest QB the franchise has ever known. Johnson had to deal with a divided locker room and divided fan base during the Flutie debacle.

I voted for Vince Ferragamo. That was in my early years of watching and actually caring about the Bills. I didn't know much, but I knew Ferragamo sucked.

RJ, hands down.  Great example of how physical talent doesn't translate into victories, or even good stats.  Rob Johnson had neither the heart nor the head to be a winner.

Mike

736167[/snapback]

I don't know if thats a really fair assessment. Maybe its true to say he did the least with the most, but the worst? I doubt it. His second start for us, against Miami showed his flaws though- worst two minute drill I can remember

Collins doesn't fit this category either- he had some plashes- and that was behind a terrible OL. I'll never forget his drive against Indy w/no timeouts that led to the overtime forcing fieldgoal.

I'd love to say RJ, but Bruce Mathison was a weak armed, slow, limited, not overly bright interception waiting to happen. If he didn't get sacked first. It was a terrible team but he personified it. he really only played one year I think though, so he doesn't really count. Dan Darragh sucked beyond belief, too.

Anyone who votes for Frank Reich needs to be smacked upside the head with a dead trout.

Just Sayin'

But I ended up voting for Rob, just because the pain of watching him stumble his way through our starting QB spot was spread out over a couple of years. Todd Collins may have had more concentrated crappyness, but at least it was brief. Rob just held on and sapped the life right out of the franchise, plus I used to turn the TV off when I saw him in the shotgun formation...because I KNEW he was going to get sacked.

So in the lexicon of bad Bills QBs, Rob sneaks out ahead...then gets dropped for a 5 yard loss and fumbles the ball away.

Anyone who votes for Frank Reich needs to be smacked upside the head with a dead trout.  Just sayin'.

736207[/snapback]

Yeah, I arbitrarily left Kelly, Ferguson, and Kemp off the list...Several others probably could've been left off, but I just included all (except the three mentioned) who had over 200 career pass attempts for the Bills.

Players like Reich and AVP would suggest that simply due to their longevity, they could not possibly be considered the worst of all time. The worst of all time does not stick around for nine years.

Speaking of Reich, is there a cooler record to own than the greatest comebacks in both NCAA and NFL history?

Speaking of Reich, is there a cooler record to own than the greatest comebacks in both NCAA and NFL history?

736215[/snapback]

No, there is no cooler record.

And Frank Reich is my favorite backup QB ever.

Mike