DJ on Sirius NFL Radio

Wow, what a great interview. This is the 1st time i've really heard him interviewed and speak for a long period of time. This was ~10 minutes with DJ. All I can say is I come away extremely impressed. He's a straight shooter, honest and down to earth. Extremely well spoken, and u can tell he's very smart. I can see why Marv loved the guy, and why players play hard for him.

He won me over big time with this interview!

I'm finally getting excited about football season!

Wow, what a great interview.  This is the 1st time i've really heard him interviewed and speak for a long period of time.  This was ~10 minutes with DJ.  All I can say is I come away extremely impressed.  He's a straight shooter, honest and down to earth.  Extremely well spoken, and u can tell he's very smart.  I can see why Marv loved the guy, and why players play hard for him. 

732821[/snapback]

AMEN. This is why I was all pissed off about WGR the first day of camp. Sirius has been OUTSTANDING today at Bills camp. That interview with Dick Jauron was a great listen.

They didn't ask a damn thing that WGR couldn't have done the first day of camp, while kind of previewing the Bills. Great questions, great lead-ins, and pretty informative.

Can't wait to hear some more Bills players. They are on til 1 pm I believe. Great radio.

Wow, what a great interview.  This is the 1st time i've really heard him interviewed and speak for a long period of time.  This was ~10 minutes with DJ.  All I can say is I come away extremely impressed.  He's a straight shooter, honest and down to earth.  Extremely well spoken, and u can tell he's very smart.  I can see why Marv loved the guy, and why players play hard for him. 

732821[/snapback]

Garrison Keillor is a great guy and down to earth and smart and a straight shooter and honest, too. I don't want him coaching my football team. Everyone thinks jauron is a great guy. That has little to do with performance on the field. Players seem very willing to play for him, and will run through a wall for him, but if he is not putting them in the best positions to excel, or he is making bad game day or personel decisions, that doesn't matter.

I am giving Jauron a fair shot. I like the guy, too. But it has little to do with coaching. Bellichick is a prick of a guy but a great coach.

I get your point, Lv...i agree this is great radio. Maybe I've gotten used to WGR so I don't expect anything more. Still, I think the team and players probably give Sirius guys special treatment as it's the NFL channel, a national program, and they're only in for one day.

TKO just on, and they didn't pull any punches. Asked him if, when Whitner blows a coverage against NE, TKO will get in his face and tell him he should have been in camp when they installed that part of the defense! TKO said Fuel will not let him on the field if he isn't ready, and everyday he is falling behind. TKO is ready to go, and this D is going to punch some people in the mouth. He Loves the new D, he will be unblocked and running free a lot in this system.

Mcargo is next....

I caught only a minute of Marv's interview... he said there were some young talented DBs with 2-3 years experience that are stepping up like Jabari GREEN... then said they really liked Tripplett in the bottom of the 1st round. :D

I caught only a minute of Marv's interview... he said there were some young talented DBs with 2-3 years experience that are stepping up like Jabari GREEN... then said they really liked Tripplett in the bottom of the 1st round. :D

732880[/snapback]

For real?

732821[/snapback]

Here it is, ladies and gents...the first kool-aid drinking post of the year! Lace up your white tennis shoes and let the Stepfording begin?!!

:D

For real?

732890[/snapback]

Yeah. Ryan bailed him out pretty quick by throwing McCargo's name out in a comment. And I'm not in on the "Marv is too old for the job" bashing, I just thought it was funny.. he's got a lot going through his head & he's excited about the team. Also caught a little of Modrak... nothing too note-worthy, but he did a better job on-air.

So, WTF did DJ say?  Are you gonna leave at that or throw us a bone?

732918[/snapback]

Dude, it was a 10 minute interview....what do you think, i stayed at a holiday inn last night?

Hey, i said i was getting excited about fball season -- i didn't say we are going to the playoffs!

So, WTF did DJ say?  Are you gonna leave at that or throw us a bone?

732918[/snapback]

He too said that he was happy with the defensive backs. He also said that there is no set time/date that he will name a starting qb.

He praised Mr. Wilson and Marv. He loved Urlacher, and said that when his Bears were good the tackles were Washington and Traylor, but he doesn't think that ours are too small.

Yeah. Ryan bailed him out pretty quick by throwing McCargo's name out in a comment. And I'm not in on the "Marv is too old for the job" bashing, I just thought it was funny.. he's got a lot going through his head & he's excited about the team. Also caught a little of Modrak... nothing too note-worthy, but he did a better job on-air.

732893[/snapback]

That was funny. I also laughed when Marv couldn't think of the guys name in New England. A TE who always used to kill us! :lol:

That was funny. I also laughed when Marv couldn't think of the guys name in New England. A TE who always used to kill us!  :lol:

733363[/snapback]

I caught that too.

Kirwan: "Ben Coates?"

Marv: "YEAH, that's him!" :doh:

That was funny. I also laughed when Marv couldn't think of the guys name in New England. A TE who always used to kill us!  :lol:

733363[/snapback]

I caught that too.

Kirwan: "Ben Coates?"

Marv: "YEAH, that's him!" :doh:

733375[/snapback]

Interesting comment from the man who runs the Buffalo Bills.