oh mein gott!

sweetbaboo

if i didn't purchase an airconditioner on sunday, i think i might be dead now

i can't seem to remember a summer as hot as this in WNY

last summer was hot, but it let up at times. this summer has just been blazing non-stop since the end of june it seems

if i didn't purchase an airconditioner on sunday, i think i might be dead now

i can't seem to remember a summer as hot as this in WNY

last summer was hot, but it let up at times. this summer has just been blazing non-stop since the end of june it seems

732754[/snapback]

Thats because it hasn't been this hot in July since 1953, I wonder where global warming was hiding since then?

actually heard a news story last night saying that the pollution of the 60's and 70's helped prevent global warming with the smog keeping the harmful rays away...what a frigging cunnundrum the environmentalists are faced with

let me beat that guy to it...

"Global warming is just an urban legend..."

732788[/snapback]

ok...my 9000 BTU portable air conditioner is doing nothing!

cold air is coming out but you can only feel it if you're standing right next to it

move 2 feet away and nothing!

apparently it's still better than sitting in the basement though because my dogs came up from it a few hours ago and laid down next to me so i could watch them die slowly

ok...my 9000 BTU portable air conditioner is doing nothing!

cold air is coming out but you can only feel it if you're standing right next to it

move 2 feet away and nothing!

apparently it's still better than sitting in the basement though because my dogs came up from it a few hours ago and laid down next to me so i could watch them die slowly

733097[/snapback]

The 24 000 BTU A/C Unit is doing nothing to cool my room. I went bike riding for 30 minutes and came back sweating like i just ran across America.

It is 33 degrees celcius over here. Feels like 41 with the humidity.

actually heard a news story last night saying that the pollution of the 60's and 70's helped prevent global warming with the smog keeping the harmful rays away...what a frigging cunnundrum the environmentalists are faced with

732907[/snapback]

good 'ol smog... what can't it do.

732907[/snapback]

Ya that smog was hiding the hole in the ozone layer :lol:

Two tons of AC isn't cooling your room?  You live in a warehouse or something?

733136[/snapback]

It is located on the second floor of my house. My second floor is pretty big and open. The cold air is not reaching my room which is the opposite side of the house where the A/C unit is located. The guy who came and recommended this unit underestimated the amount needed to keep my house relatively comfortable.

It is located on the second floor of my house.  My second floor is pretty big and open.  The cold air is not reaching my room which is the opposite side of the house where the A/C unit is located.  The guy who came and recommended this unit underestimated the amount needed to keep my house relatively comfortable.

733142[/snapback]

You got taken. Biggest window unit in the world (which I think you probably have) isn't going to cool a whole house. Even if your house is only 1000 sq. ft. (which is about the footage 24k btu is fit for - a good rule of thumb is 24 btu per square foot, do the metric conversion yourself, Canada-boy), you won't get the air flow through the house to distribute the cool air.

The problem isn't that he underestimated the AC you need. The problem is he took you for a ride and sold you a window unit when you need central air.

It is located on the second floor of my house.  My second floor is pretty big and open.  The cold air is not reaching my room which is the opposite side of the house where the A/C unit is located.  The guy who came and recommended this unit underestimated the amount needed to keep my house relatively comfortable.

733142[/snapback]

How old are your windows?

You got taken.  Biggest window unit in the world (which I think you probably have) isn't going to cool a whole house.  Even if your house is only 1000 sq. ft. (which is about the footage 24k btu is fit for - a good rule of thumb is 24 btu per square foot, do the metric conversion yourself, Canada-boy), you won't get the air flow through the house to distribute the cool air. 

The problem isn't that he underestimated the AC you need.  The problem is he took you for a ride and sold you a window unit when you need central air.

733152[/snapback]

It is central air. It is not a window unit. It wasn't meant to cool the whole house. Just the upstairs since the basement is always cold, even in the hottest of days. Anyways I didn't buy it, my mom did. The problem is, it doesn't reach my room, but the rest of my upstairs is pretty comfortable.

And even if they did take us for a ride, the company that sold us the A/C will have no choice but to accomadate us since my brother uses them to supply all of the apartments that he and his real estate firm owns. If they want to keep that contract, they will have to give us an upgrade for next summer.