oh mein gott!

sweetbaboo

You're screwed. Tom is right. Get central air and be done with it.

733330[/snapback]

It is central air. It is not a thermopump, which has traps in each room, but my house is old and it would cost way too much to have one installed. I have the next best thing, a large central unit that is supposed to cool my second floor. Unfortunately, due to the fact that my 2nd floor is open a lot of air escapes into the basement. It's better than nothing, i'm not dying of heat but it's not as cold as i expected.

It is central air.  It is not a thermopump, which has traps in each room, but my house is old and it would cost way too much to have one installed.  I have the next best thing, a large central unit that is supposed to cool my second floor.  Unfortunately, due to the fact that my 2nd floor is open a lot of air escapes into the basement.  It's better than nothing, i'm not dying of heat but it's not as cold as i expected.

733371[/snapback]

Just order a few teens off myspace and give them hand fans.

Unfortunately, our AC died yesterday, and won't be fixed until tomorrow. With 110-115 heat index in DC today, and a 3-week-old in the house, we're in crisis mode. Time to go help my wife move the baby to a friend's house....

I played nine holes of golf this morning...it was 83 degrees when I started. At 7:30 AM. By the third hole, I was sweating like a fat man at Bills camp.

I finished in 90 minutes...it did get hotter, but not too much that I couldn't finish. And there was even a slight breeze near the end.

Mike