Shut up about...............

I find it amusing how many people on this board feel that if Buffalo has a 2 or 3 win season (or winless heaven forbid) that drafting Brady Quinn will solve every problem.

BOTTOM LINE, ANY TEAM THAT CAN'T EVEN WIN 5 GAMES HAS MUCH MORE THAN A QB PROBLEM ON THEIR HAND.

Does everyone really think that Buffalo only won 5 games last year because of inept play at the QB position by BOTH QB's.

How about the awful defense that gave up a first down every single time it was like 3rd and 15. Or how about the secondary getting burned frequently. Willis' season ending godlike proclamation. Horrible coaching. An O-line that barely played at a junior varsity level. Personell problems in the locker room, a GM that could do no wrong.

I don't care if we draft the greatest QB in the history of the world, if you put crap around that QB then they will produce crap.

Just knock it off and have some optimism that this season may not be that bad.

I find it amusing how many people on this board feel that if Buffalo has a 2 or 3 win season (or winless heaven forbid) that drafting Brady Quinn will solve every problem. 

BOTTOM LINE, ANY TEAM THAT CAN'T EVEN WIN 5 GAMES HAS MUCH MORE THAN A QB PROBLEM ON THEIR HAND.

Does everyone really think that Buffalo only won 5 games last year because of inept play at the QB position by BOTH QB's.

How about the awful defense that gave up a first down every single time it was like 3rd and 15.  Or how about the secondary getting burned frequently.  Willis' season ending godlike proclamation.  Horrible coaching. An O-line that barely played at a junior varsity level.  Personell problems in the locker room, a GM that could do no wrong.

I don't care if we draft the greatest QB in the history of the world, if you put crap around that QB then they will produce crap.

Just knock it off and have some optimism that this season may not be that bad.

731756[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. Besides, if the Bills have a horrible year and head into next year's draft wanting a QB, that's a huge setback. Better if JP progresses this year and the Bills use their first round pick on a different position, like Offensive or Defensive line.

Obviously, the best-case scenario is for a quarterback like Nall to come back from his injury and be the next Kurt Warner. But if nobody steps up at QB this year, the next best scenario is for the Bills to lose enough games to take Brady Quinn.

But, you say, how could a quarterback like Quinn find success on a team bad enough to lose that many games? Well, hopefully many of those losses would be caused by players adjusting to the new system, or rookies making rookie mistakes, things like that. By 2007, players like Whitner, McCargo, and Youboty could be contributing a lot more to this team than in 2006. Hey, maybe even some of those low round offensive linemen Marv took could start contributing in 2007.

I love the people who take the QB cant be the only problem approach. They must be the same people that wanted Rob Johnson to start because he had more "upside".

We all want someone to take over QB and have success, but until we have a QB, we will not win consistently.

Every team gets good once they find their QB.

I can't see how any hotshot rookie QB, be it Quinn or whoever, will ever get a shot to succeed in Buffalo when the fans go apoplectic when any new QB throws an incoplete pass, or god forbid, an interception!

And by the way, all you Leinert fans, imagine how we'd all be feeling right about now if we drafted Hollywood Matt?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag29...ov=ap&type=lgns

PTR

And with the first selection in the 2007 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Brady Quinn, QB - Notre Dame.

(camera zooms in on Brady Quinn's sister)

ESPN: So Laura, how do you feel about your brother being drafted?

Laura: I think we are going to fit right in over there in Buffalo!

I love the people who take the QB cant be the only problem approach.  They must be the same people that wanted Rob Johnson to start because he had more "upside".

We all want someone to take over QB and have success, but until we have a QB, we will not win consistently.

Every team gets good once they find their QB.

731774[/snapback]

In the real world it has simply been the actual occurence that teams have proven capable of winning the SB when they acquire a QB for the vet minimum or near that level. Examples of this in recent history are Dilfer, Warner and Tom Brady who were all paid about the vet minimum for playing QB for an SB winning team.

On the other hand, it is a fact that finally after about 15 years of any team winning the SB led by a QB they picked in the 1st round Ben RoboQB finally did this for Pitts.

It seems to me to make justt as much if not more sense if the Bills should for some reason tank this year and end up with the #1, I hope they trade it away for some proven players rather than take the risk which usually does not pay off of hoping that a player who excelled at QB in college will also excel as a pro.

In fact, even the cases like a Peyton Manning which prove to work out and produce a QB who eventually is at least a consistent winner, simply proves incapable of leading his team in real life even to the big game or even to the conference final more than once.

I hope to heck we do not get a shot a the first pick and if that disaster does befall us that we do not pursue the risk low success method of choosing a QB with that pick.

The good news will be that after a 7th consecutive year missing the playoffs, the Golden Boys will be even more frantic to win now and will not take the 1st round QB risk which has shown little success of working in the big picture and even when it pays off a Manning who was picked when his team got his rights by winning 3 games proceeds to win 3 games with him the next year and finally began to turn things around when they got the RB and the stud WR they needed to be a consistent winner in the NFL.

Even with this O support, they still with one of the best D mined HCs in the NFL and with one of the best GMs building a solid ST with good signings, tough contracts and the most accurate kicker in NFL history have still been incapable of going to the SB except by getting a ticket.

Yhe Quinn panacea seems like the ultimate in Fool's Gold and I doubt the Golden Boys would buy it.

Just a thought.

It is easier to make friends here, even for two week veterans like yourself, if you avoid telling others to shut up in your thread title.

Just a thought. <_<

The rest of your thoughts make sense. :angry:

Just a thought.

It is easier to make friends here, even for two week veterans like yourself, if you avoid telling others to shut up in your thread title.

Just a thought.  <_<

The rest of your thoughts make sense.  :angry:

731844[/snapback]

Rockpile I agree with you, the "shut up" part was harsh. I was looking for a response getter becuase usually my threads tank out. ;)

(I was a long time veteran at the BB.com boards until they changed their format, haven't posted since and never will again)

Rockpile I agree with you, the "shut up" part was harsh.  I was looking for a response getter becuase usually my threads tank out.  :angry:

(I was a long time veteran at the BB.com boards until they changed their format, haven't posted since and never will again)

731848[/snapback]

Oh, a thread killer, eh? <_<

Welcome to the Monkey House.

I checked out bb.com and was not impressed.

Two Bills Drive is the place to be.

In the real world it has simply been the actual occurence that teams have proven capable of winning the SB when they acquire a QB for the vet minimum or near that level.  Examples of this in recent history are Dilfer, Warner and Tom Brady who were all paid about the vet minimum for playing QB for an SB winning team.

On the other hand, it is a fact that finally after about 15 years of any team winning the SB led by a QB they picked in the 1st round Ben RoboQB finally did this for Pitts.

It seems to me to make justt as much if not more sense if the Bills should for some reason tank this year and end up with the #1, I hope they trade it away for some proven players rather than take the risk which usually does not pay off of hoping that a player who excelled at QB in college will also excel as a pro.

In fact, even the cases like a Peyton Manning which prove to work out and produce a QB who eventually is at least a consistent winner, simply proves incapable of leading his team in real life even to the big game or even to the conference final more than once.

I hope to heck we do not get a shot a the first pick and if that disaster does befall us that we do not pursue the risk low success method of choosing a QB with that pick.

The good news will be that after a 7th consecutive year missing the playoffs, the Golden Boys will be even more frantic to win now and will not take the 1st round QB risk which has shown little success of working in the big picture and even when it pays off a Manning who was picked when his team got his rights by winning 3 games proceeds to win 3 games with him the next year and finally began  to turn things around when they got the RB and the stud WR they needed to be a consistent winner in the NFL.

Even with this O support, they still with one of the best D mined HCs in the NFL and with one of the best GMs building a solid ST with good signings, tough contracts and the most accurate kicker in NFL history have still been incapable of going to the SB except by getting a ticket.

Yhe Quinn panacea seems like the ultimate in Fool's Gold and I doubt the Golden Boys would buy it.

731825[/snapback]

Doesnt matter how we get the QB, all Im saying is we wont get better without a good one.

I can't see how any hotshot rookie QB, be it Quinn or whoever, will ever get a shot to succeed in Buffalo when the fans go apoplectic when any new QB throws an incoplete pass, or god forbid, an interception! 

And by the way, all you Leinert fans, imagine how we'd all be feeling right about now if we drafted Hollywood Matt?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag29...ov=ap&type=lgns

PTR

731812[/snapback]

A young QB can succeed because it's the coach who has to back him up and let him play regardless of fans reactions, mostly on the internet. I was at all the home games & never heard massive anti JP feelings in the crowd. He wasn't booed, nor did I hear calls for Holcomb when JP was in there. IT WAS THE COACH WHO WENT APOPLECTIC, NOT THE FANS! He's gone, so yes, a hotshot rookie can succeed.

By the way, Leinart isn't any later to camp than Whitner, and remember-Leinart is negotiating with Arizona, a team with a history of high profile holdouts.

731812[/snapback]

OMFG seriously? You JP fanboys are incredible - you make up like 90% of the board and yet manage to cry woe is me like you're in the minority, while at the same time blaming the other 10% of fans for JP's poor play last year. Just classic.

As an echo of what Albany said, I was at the Chiefs game and the crowd was overwhelmingly pro-JP even before he tossed the first TD.