Buffalo Bills documentary

If you havent seen it, check out this short documentary I made last year on the Buffalo Bills in new york city. I just uploaded to you tube. Please vote for it and give it a high rating. Hope you guys like it.

If you havent seen it, check out this short documentary I made last year on the Buffalo Bills in new york city. I just uploaded to you tube.  Please vote for it and give it a high rating.  Hope you guys like it.

727420[/snapback]

Just saw it...nice job! :D

That really was very, very well done. Pro-quality editing & great sound bites.

For the first year after it opened, I lived 1 block from the DC McFaddens, which also was aspiring to be a Bills bar. Seemed like it was going to work (even though there were several other Bills bars in the region). I think the home base for the chain is Rochester, no?

Sorry man but I couldn't make it through the whole thing. Was looking for more game replays and less bar talk. It's really about Bills fans and the McFadden's experience than about the Bills. But that part was OK I guess, just some misleading advertising about what the subject was.

Thanks for everyone who replied. In the future I'd love to make more documentaries about the actual team itself--sorry if my first post was misleading.

If you are looking for more info about mcfaddens you can go to www.nycbbb.com

This was the first time I had watched it in a while, and it got me really excited for the season.

Sorry man but I couldn't make it through the whole thing.  Was looking for more game replays and less bar talk.  It's really about Bills fans and the McFadden's experience than about the Bills.  But that part was OK I guess, just some misleading advertising about what the subject was.

727509[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what the video was about. :D

Sorry man but I couldn't make it through the whole thing.  Was looking for more game replays and less bar talk.  It's really about Bills fans and the McFadden's experience than about the Bills.  But that part was OK I guess, just some misleading advertising about what the subject was.

727509[/snapback]

Where in this one,

the title says it all. :D

Several years ago I lived in the NYC area. I recall emailing Larry Felser to see if he could tell me where I could find a Bills bar in town. He never wrote back. Guess that shows how out of touch he was with the fans, even way back then (either he didn't know, or didn't care enough to answer).

Thank God we now have Sunday Ticket!

Your concept is really quite good! Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the production issues.

The sound was bad and the interviews couldn't be fully understood at a normal listening level. It looks like you were using a lav, so I'd guess most of that could've been fixed with good post-production. Additionally, the audio levels were all over the place.

The lighting in the bar made much of your footage unusable. Not knowing what camera you were shooting with, I would assume it is a consumer camcorder. You either need to light the scenes or open up the iris to make these shots work (if that can be done with your camera). I just can't get over how much darkness there was in your piece. That just kills the whole thing you were trying to do.

That said, the concept was absolutely good enough that you should try it again with some changes in production values and I'm sure it would be great. It is obvious to me that you know what you want and can edit a good story. You just need to learn how to get the most out of your production values on the front-end.

I hope this helps. Please let us all see the next one!

Your concept is really quite good!  Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the production issues.

The sound was bad and the interviews couldn't be fully understood at a normal listening level.  It looks like you were using a lav, so I'd guess most of that could've been fixed with good post-production.  Additionally, the audio levels were all over the place.

The lighting in the bar made much of your footage unusable.  Not knowing what camera you were shooting with, I would assume it is a consumer camcorder.  You either need to light the scenes or open up the iris to make these shots work (if that can be done with your camera).  I just can't get over how much darkness there was in your piece.  That just kills the whole thing you were trying to do.

727811[/snapback]

GEEEEEEK! :D

Your concept is really quite good!  Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the production issues.

The sound was bad and the interviews couldn't be fully understood at a normal listening level.  It looks like you were using a lav, so I'd guess most of that could've been fixed with good post-production.  Additionally, the audio levels were all over the place.

The lighting in the bar made much of your footage unusable.  Not knowing what camera you were shooting with, I would assume it is a consumer camcorder.  You either need to light the scenes or open up the iris to make these shots work (if that can be done with your camera).  I just can't get over how much darkness there was in your piece.  That just kills the whole thing you were trying to do.

That said, the concept was absolutely good enough that you should try it again with some changes in production values and I'm sure it would be great.  It is obvious to me that you know what you want and can edit a good story.  You just need to learn how to get the most out of your production values on the front-end.

I hope this helps.  Please let us all see the next one!

727811[/snapback]

You are absolutely right. Although a lot of the poor quality can be blamed on the compression. The video is actually on buffalobills.com and they did a much better job compressing it. You can see it here.

But with that said, the production value leaves a lot to be desired. This was actually made for an NYU film project and it was the first thing I ever did at the school. They didn't supply us with proper lighting and audio recording equipment and I had to deal with the elements of the bar. Also the tripod they gave us was practically unusable. If given the right equipment, the production quality would be extremely professional, since that is something that is very important to me--now that I work in the film and tv industry.

Thanks for the feedback.