Security guard suing the Bills

I think it's just because he won't be working for them this year.

"Austin, who said he has been told he will not be coming back this season, said he suffered torn cartilage in his right knee during the incident, which was replayed numerous times on local and national television. "

Rest of the article

We had to sign disclaimers that we know we can be hurt when we went on the field with the Blue Coats, I'm sure he had to do the same.

I don't know the particulars between the Bills and this CO/Security Guard but it seems very callous of the Bills to not bring him back. Like I said I don't know what the deal is......Is the guy able to work at his job still?

I was at that game and now feel like an idiot for cheering him as they brought him off the field!  I hope he gets rear ended on his way the courthouse (by a car)...not dead, but injured worse than his little knee injury.  It's the American Dream...Sue your way to riches and forget about your dignity.

727282[/snapback]

You're reacting to only one side of the story, as told by the forever unreliable media (a point driven home last night as I watched the movie "Munich" - the media gave the terrorists the feed of the German SWAT team moving in on their position).

What the hell was he doing looking up in the crowd when the Bills were running a play? :D

What kind of a fan is he......countersue his ass for disloyalty...probably was looking at some hottie in the stands anyway....

what a jerk.. It was probably the best thing to ever happen to him..

He got his 10 minuets of fame on TV.. cheers from the crowd.. I think he got a game ball from Evans didn't he?

Anyway, just another VICTIM looking for a pay day

What the hell was he doing looking up in the crowd when the Bills were running a play?  :D

What kind of a fan is he......countersue his ass for disloyalty...probably was looking at some hottie in the stands anyway....

727312[/snapback]

The security isn't allowed to look back at the play.

They have to be looking at the crowd at all times.

727383[/snapback]

Thanks RobGuy...I think that's kind of a stupid policy for the guards directly surrounding the field while there is a play going on. Maybe the guy has a case if its a policy the Bills dictate to CSC.

I kept saying last year that this guy had to be an idiot to not look back when he had to tell the play was coming right at him. Photographers are scurrying, the fans have to be looking right behind him, etc.............I can't believe that they would not be allowed to turn around in a case like that.

727383[/snapback]

I think that may be the definition of hell. You get to go to all the Bills games but can never see any of them.

.....yet, give it time, its massachusettes for kennedyssake

Just to put things into perspective:

The family of the woman who was tragically killed in the BIG DIG tunnel two weeks ago IS not suing the state of MA/authority for this tragedy.

Unbelievable.

727341[/snapback]

Thanks RobGuy...I think that's kind of a stupid policy for the guards directly surrounding the field while there is a play going on.  Maybe the guy has a case if its a policy the Bills dictate to CSC.

727385[/snapback]

It's his job to concentrate on the people in the stands, not those on the field. It's just a freak accident that could have happened at any NFL stadium.

I think that  may be the definition of hell.  You get to go to all the Bills games but can never see any of them.

727388[/snapback]

Thinking of our most recent "performances", maybe it's not such a bad thing.

LOL.

It's his job to concentrate on the people in the stands, not those on the field. It's just a freak accident that could have happened at any NFL stadium.

727426[/snapback]

Absolutely agree Jack--but there are enough personnel around the field where selected employees could be spotters for those watching the crowd while the play is going on. It doesn't totally remove the risk but it mitigates it some. Its done in other stadiums with CSC personnel at the college and pro level -- why not Buffalo?

Anyway--if they paid his medical bills and it had no job consequence for his full-time job--why would someone sue....the emotional pain thing seems to be a crock.