What are you listening to?

Pete

I like music.

I just don't any sort of implication that my musical choice of the moment is in any way so important it's worth sharing.  Do you REALLY care that I'm listening to Ives' Second Symphony or Van Halen right now?

720980[/snapback]

sure- perhaps we have similar taste in music and could point out other artists. Perhaps there is a new band that you are not aware of. I am always on the lookout for new sounds

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure- perhaps we have similar taste in music and could point out other artists.  Perhaps there is a new band that you are not aware of.  I am always on the lookout for new sounds

720981[/snapback]

:doh:

I can't believe I'm diagnosed as mentally ill. Anyone here who cares what music I'm listening to right now needs to have their !@#$ing head examined.

Looking out for new sounds by taking other people's suggestions, I won't even comment on... :blink:

I can't believe I'm diagnosed as mentally ill.  Anyone here who cares what music I'm listening to right now needs to have their !@#$ing head examined.

720984[/snapback]

anyone that feels compelled to sh-- on other peoples passions is mentally ill. Get off your high horse, lighten up and try and enjoy life

I can't believe I'm diagnosed as mentally ill.  Anyone here who cares what music I'm listening to right now needs to have their !@#$ing head examined.

Looking out for new sounds by taking other people's suggestions, I won't even comment on...  :blink:

720984[/snapback]

Tom I can't even begin to tell you how helpful the people here have been in expanding my music collection.....there are people here with REALLY good taste, and I've been the beneficiary of it. Hell, SDS was even nice enough to burn me a CD of some Triumph cuts (and some solo stuff by the lead singer). Ed's offered to send me some MP3 tracks, guys like Rico, Fezmid, Labbatt, Pete, and a whole bunch of others have really been great.

So YES, I'd LOVE to know what you're listening to, particularly if it's something you recommend!

Your passion is other people's music? 

You know...I'm hungry.  Tell me what you're eating right now...

720986[/snapback]

I love to cook too- you want some recipes? I had leftover saffron chicken, green beans, peas and rice for lunch if you really want to know. Kashmir Saffron- much better then Spanish Saffron. I had some Freixenet too- salud

Gram Parsons, re-issue of "Grievous Angel"...one of my very favorite records of all time...the re-mastered, re-issue, sounds amazing...

720989[/snapback]

sounds amazing? Tell me more :doh: You got some good speakers over there?

Gram Parsons, re-issue of "Grievous Angel"...one of my very favorite records of all time...the re-mastered, re-issue, sounds amazing...

720989[/snapback]

I saw that, looks great! Re-master can be a dirty word, but SH.com people also give it a thumbs-up! I may get it tomorrow if BB has it.

Right now, just listening to some live shows from Dime,

and eagerly awaiting Modern Times at the end of summer!

Y'all remember this tv theme song?

Here we come

walkin'down the street

we get the funniest looks from

everyone we meet

Hey hey we're the monkees

and people say we monkey around

but were too busy singin'

to put anybody down :doh:

721001[/snapback]

classic Neil Diamond

Funny you wasted the time to post in this thread.  What great lives you people must lead.  Dont like soccer- dont post in a soccer thread.  Dont like music- dont post in a music thread- seems simple enough to me

720924[/snapback]

Its the American Language, its so complex, that's why. :doh:

There are few things I dig more than swilling cheap beer in my socks, and that is swilling cheap beer in my socks and scouring the internet for great bands I've never heard of.

One of those bands is The Goons, straight from our nation's capital (that's Washington, DC for all you illegals). Here's another link.

Here's a video from a show at the Black Cat in 2000. (You'll need Quicktime...it's not my website, so get off my back.)

Hey You

And another from the Black Cat in 2003...a bit more polished, and a great tune.

Stormtroopers of Good Faith

Some of you older kids will say to yourselves, "Hey, the singer looks (and sounds) kinda like Gary Floyd from The Dicks." Well, I said the same thing. The Dicks were a legendary Austin, Texas band from the early 80's. They had a pretty significant punk rock single called "Hate the Police." I can't find any video of The Dicks, but here is a link with some history and pics. Notice the freaking resemblance between Serge of The Goons, and Gary of The Dicks.

Some of you less older kids will say, "Hey, I thought 'Hate the Police' was a Mudhoney tune." No, while the Mudhoney cover of the tune is most-excellent, it is a Dicks tune. Both singles are worth owning, and are both worth a fair amount of scratch.

Anyway, I can't find any Dicks video, but thanks to YouTube, you can see an early live vid of Mudhoney performing "Hate the Police."

There are few things I dig more than swilling cheap beer in my socks, and that is swilling cheap beer in my socks and scouring the internet for great bands I've never heard of.

One of those bands is The Goons, straight from our nation's capital (that's Washington, DC for all you illegals).  Here's another link.

Here's a video from a show at the Black Cat in 2000. (You'll need Quicktime...it's not my website, so get off my back.)

Hey You

And another from the Black Cat in 2003...a bit more polished, and a great tune.

Stormtroopers of Good Faith

Some of you older kids will say to yourselves, "Hey, the singer looks (and sounds) kinda like Gary Floyd from The Dicks."  Well, I said the same thing.  The Dicks were a legendary Austin, Texas band from the early 80's.  They had a pretty significant punk rock single called "Hate the Police."  I can't find any video of The Dicks, but here is a link with some history and pics.  Notice the freaking resemblance between Serge of The Goons, and Gary of The Dicks.

Some of you less older kids will say, "Hey, I thought 'Hate the Police' was a Mudhoney tune."  No, while the Mudhoney cover of the tune is most-excellent, it is a Dicks tune.  Both singles are worth owning, and are both worth a fair amount of scratch.

Anyway, I can't find any Dicks video, but thanks to YouTube, you can see an early live vid of Mudhoney performing "Hate the Police."

721013[/snapback]

Thats what I am talking about! Great Mudhoney cover!

720986[/snapback]

Tom, you rock politically, but I have to say, finding out what people are listening to is a great way to find new music.

Most of the small, good, non-mainstream bands are promoted by people talking to other people about what they are listening to. And given that most people listen to mp3s or CDs in their computer, they are going to be listening to something they consider good.

Better chance of finding something good thats unknown then any other source, tbh.

720986[/snapback]

BTW Tom right now I am having a Turkey, Bacon, Mayo and Avocado on a baquette and plan on having some Strawberrys and cream and an Ugli Fruit for desert. If you want I can blog my eating habits for you :doh: