What are you listening to?

Pete

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a thread about  aparis hiltons song? and aj I thought you said you liked it?

anyway I'm searching for free music rock/blues genre, and I ran across paris hilton song/video. :huh: here it is :doh:  :blink:

http://www.findvideos.com/videos.php?id=2352

721119[/snapback]

I just thought it was better than I would have expected from her....she didn't embarrass herself :)

Actually, she looks pretty hot in that video :doh:

Elvis Costello & the Imposters featuring Allen Toussaint from Cape Cod Melody Tent HYannis MA, July 5, 2006

We havent done one of these for awhile.  John Coltrane Giant Steps here- !@#$ing mindblowing!

720918[/snapback]

And sadly, not nearly long enough.

Right now, I'm listening to the sound of my brain exploding at the very thought of yet another one of these inane !@#$ing threads.

720921[/snapback]

link?

:w00t:

A review: I'm listening to the new TV on the Radio album "Return to Cookie Mountain." It comes out August 1, but I had to get it on import because a month was too long to wait.

It sounds a lot bigger than the last, with more live drums, and the vocals more back in the mix than they were on the stellar debut "Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes." The vocals are as intriguing as ever, again recalling Eno and Peter Gabriel, with a healthy dose of falsetto and a lot of soul -- and they're married with really thoughtful lyrics. There are touchstones of classic 80s 4AD material, My Bloody Valentine, Bowie, Massive Attack, but these are simply textures that the band incorporates into a resulting sound that is truly unlike anything you've heard.

I hate to say it, but that's what attracted me to his music. This dude had some deep feelings going on there.....talented as hell, though.

720931[/snapback]

I used to hang out with Steven Drozd from the Flaming Lips back in Fredonia, and he was a good friend of Elliott's (played drums on Figure 8). About a year prior to his death, Steven said he had spoken to Elliott on the phone and that Elliott was definitely killing himself with really hard drugs. This was about when Steven kicked heroin (covered in the "Fearless Freaks" documentary that came out last year -- in itself really hard to watch, but amazing that he triumphed over it -- that was when I was just meeting him).

It was truly sad, but it did not surprise me at all that Elliott did this to himself. I am somewhat suspicious that it was completely a suicide just because it sounds like something that would be damn near impossible to do, and the girlfriend was very weird about it in reports that came out later, but at the same time, enough drugs and one might be capable of anything.

What a sad day and what a waste that was. I'll always have "Either / Or" and the other records to go to, though. That guy had some real songwriting genius in him.