Sabres re-sign Teppo

Ooh, ooh!  Let me start!

What is he, like 80?  Wasn't there anyone older available?

Are we gonna sign his brother Harpo, too?

Is that the guy from Seinfeld who used to deliver the mail?  He's too fat to play hockey!

717997[/snapback]

But he only signed with Buffalo because the Sabres paid 2x more than anybody else that wanted him because nobody wants to play in Buffalo and the team stinks and they will be lucky to finish 12th and, and, and ....

Who cares?? We didn't re-sign Mike Grier. Mike Grier is gone! Darcy is an idiot! Golisano is a FRAUD!!!! All is lost!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEDDD!!!!!!!

:o

Teppo stays, McKee and Grier leave. Isn't that what everyone was predicting for months?

I'll say it again: This off-season is a success or failure based on the length of the deals that get done for Briere, Tallinder, Dumont, etc.

Who cares?? We didn't re-sign Mike Grier.  Mike Grier is gone!  Darcy is an idiot!  Golisano is a FRAUD!!!!  All is lost!!!!  DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEDDD!!!!!!!

Teppo stays, McKee and Grier leave.  Isn't that what everyone was predicting for months?

I'll say it again:  This off-season is a success or failure based on the length of the deals that get done for Briere, Tallinder, Dumont, etc.

718008[/snapback]

SHUTUP! Mike Grier is the greatest player ever. He's not even close to the same guy most people were complaining about from October to March because he couldn't put up a stat to save his life.

So far the guys we've lost are replaceable. You're right about what Darcy has to do, as long as he adds at least one (preferably two) top 6 defensemen and the D prospects in the system develop.

SHUTUP!  Mike Grier is the greatest player ever.  He's not even close to the same guy most people were complaining about from October to March because he couldn't put up a stat to save his life.

718010[/snapback]

I am assuming you are being sarcastic. I seem to remember Grier playing pretty well, up until the all-star break. He fell off the map, offensively, after the break. He was, IMO, one of the two best players on the ice for the Sabres, on a nightly basis, during the playoffs. During his "slump" the guy still played well every night, and did all the little things that make a big difference.

I agree that the Sabres couldn't afford to keep him, but I also think that he will be missed. The Sabres don't currently have a lot of guys like Grier on the roster, unless there is somebody toiling in Rochester. I know they can't keep everyone, the troubling thing is that they haven't signed any of their own.

I was almost thinking, during the Carolina series, that Lindy might gamble, and put Grier in as a defensemen, when the bodies were piling up...Grier actually plays a lot like Ruff did, when he was a player. Not a spectacular offensive forward, but all around adequate. Guys like that can be invaluable in the playoffs.

Who cares?? We didn't re-sign Mike Grier.  Mike Grier is gone!  Darcy is an idiot!  Golisano is a FRAUD!!!!  All is lost!!!!  DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEDDD!!!!!!!

Teppo stays, McKee and Grier leave.  Isn't that what everyone was predicting for months?

I'll say it again:  This off-season is a success or failure based on the length of the deals that get done for Briere, Tallinder, Dumont, etc.

718008[/snapback]

Darcy should have offered more than San Jose! He just matched San Jose!

Grier would have came back if we had offered more!

I just wonder if they made him sign the deal while he was still in the operating room, or if he gave his agent full authority to sign for him

Teppo is great, but does he really have another full year in him? He is one of Buffalo's top 5 defencemen right now, and in his condition, I can't see him logging more then 5-10 minutes a game and get through the entire 82 games

I just wonder if they made him sign the deal while he was still in the operating room, or if he gave his agent full authority to sign for him

Teppo is great, but does he really have another full year in him? He is one of Buffalo's top 5 defencemen right now, and in his condition, I can't see him logging more then 5-10 minutes a game and get through the entire 82 games

718046[/snapback]

In his condition? One more year damaged him that badly? The heart surgery is going to have no effect on his game. In fact, it may actually help him.

$1.75 mil for Grier is too much? Hardly. Just too much for the Sabres.

Did Numminen sign his contract in the hospital? Heart surgery was unrelated to the hip flexor that forced him to miss most of the Carolina series. He is 39 and not healthy. How many are buying tickets because of this signing?

All of those that make fun of others with the lame "Doomed" posts, what are the Sabres supposed to do instead of just watching everyone pass them by? Who exactly are they going to surprise next season? How have they gotten better so far this offseason? Losing veterans and not signing anybody to take their place IS a doomed scenario. Where's the depth on defense? How do they replace McKee's 450 blocked shots? Who is going to trade something of value for Biron? Way too many unanswered questions. So far, the Sabres have taken three steps back and everyone else in the conference has taken a couple forward except for Philadelphia & Atlanta. How can anyone be excited about next season? "The year of the legless Buffalo"

Did Numminen sign his contract in the hospital? Heart surgery was unrelated to the hip flexor that forced him to miss most of the Carolina series. He is 39 and not healthy. How many are buying tickets because of this signing?

All of those that make fun of others with the lame "Doomed" posts, what are the Sabres supposed to do instead of just watching everyone pass them by? Who exactly are they going to surprise next season? How have they gotten better so far this offseason? Losing veterans and not signing anybody to take their place IS a doomed scenario. Where's the depth on defense? How do they replace McKee's 450 blocked shots? Who is going to trade something of value for Biron? Way too many unanswered questions. So far, the Sabres have taken three steps back and everyone else in the conference has taken a couple forward except for Philadelphia & Atlanta. How can anyone be excited about next season? "The year of the legless Buffalo"

718085[/snapback]

The Sabres matched that offer, he decided to go to SJ.

The Sabres matched that offer, he decided to go to SJ.

718088[/snapback]

Shhhhhhhh. It's fun to watch them spit all over themselves a week into the free agency period. Darcy's an idiot and we "snuck up" on people. As if that's possible in an 82 game season plus the playoffs.

718085[/snapback]

How exactly did Carolina take a step forward?

718085[/snapback]

You're right. There's NOTHING to be excited about for next season. Sure, it's only July 3rd but I'm already predicting the Sabres miss the playoffs next spring. There's no point in even watching. Anybody who watched even ONE GAME this past season can tell you that McKee and Grier were the two best players on the team - NAY - in the entire NHL. Without them, a complete collapse for the entire organization cannot be far behind.

So what if Jay McKee wasn't even on our top defensive pairing? So what if Mike Grier was a 31 year old checking forward who chose to leave Buffalo when offered identical contracts? So what if Grier is leaving a team that already has too many forwards and can't play them all? So what if Darcy Regier has made the fans who doubt him look incredibly stupid several times as GM of the Sabres? The point is we're mad right now. In July. When Cups are won.

We lost those two players. Meanwhile, every single team in the NHL has improved. Every single one. They all moved players from one team to the other and all those players are better now and now all those teams are better than the Sabres.

We'll be lucky if we score even one goal without Mike Grier here.

:doh::lol::lol:

How can anyone be excited about next season? "The year of the legless Buffalo"

718085[/snapback]

Oh, and not to nitpick with your logic, because you clearly thought everything through a few times, but the buffalo didn't have legs last year either.

How exactly did Carolina take a step forward?

718119[/snapback]

New Jersey

Pittsburgh

Montreal

Ottawa

Tampa Bay

Toronto (Hal Gill cancels out any move they can make)

I don't see any improvement from any of these teams.