I finally was able to update the cap page......please use link in my sig  :doh:

Few points:

Missing bonus info for Reyes

Draft choices presently do not count on cap

No bonus info for UDFAs

No bonus info for Aiken, Stamer, and a few other players

:rolleyes:

712952[/snapback]

Thanks Clumpy. Your work is quite admirable.

One thing - do The Bills have any dead cap money spent on players no longer on the team e.g., Drew Bledsoe, Mike Williams, and Bennie Anderson? That would cut into the $11mill available figure wouldn't it?

Thanks for the work.

If I'm to understand how to interpret your 'dead cap' column, it looks like both P.Price & Reed are going to make the roster unless something very unlikely occurs. i.e. Their cap hit if cut is quite high.

It looks like the only real cap savings (if that's even something they'd be looking for) would come from cutting Posey. He'd leave over a million more in room.

Noted also that it looks like Nall has a 2.5M escalator (for starting job?).

Thanks, CP!

Dead cap for all players gone is already accounted for in the calculations and the amount devoted to the 2006 cap is at the bottom of the chart

Before we start extending players, about $3 million will be needed for signing draft picks. Yes, I know it's different than the rookie cap number but that's because not all rookie deals count on the overall cap only vs rookie pool........I'll explain this later

I also would make the safe assumption that about $1.5 million would go to the bonuses for those players I do not have info on yet......thus, the Bills would have about $6-7 million PLUS cap space gained from releasing players before the season starts....

Dead cap for all players gone is already accounted for in the calculations and the amount devoted to the 2006 cap is at the bottom of the chart

Before we start extending players, about $3 million will be needed for signing draft picks. Yes, I know it's different than the rookie cap number but that's because not all rookie deals count on the overall cap only vs rookie pool........I'll explain this later

I also would make the safe assumption that about $1.5 million would go to the bonuses for those players I do not have info on yet......thus, the Bills would have about $6-7 million PLUS cap space gained from releasing players before the season starts....

713093[/snapback]

Is most of the dead cap attributed to Moulds and Mike Williams?

713093[/snapback]

Do we have any dead cap space for next season?

Is most of the dead cap attributed to Moulds and Mike Williams?

713171[/snapback]

I think we will have some dead cap due to the release of Milloy, Bennie too..

Also, there will be some cap hits to take when we may have to let go some

of the WRs, Coy Wire, and may be Posey.

Why do I have a feeling that for the Bills, going forward, these kinds of discussions will be academic?

The time is not far away (if it isn't already) that the Bills will not spend to the cap, because if they did, they would lose money.

We'll see when everything fills out later this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't use all the cap room we have.