Brodrick Bunkley struggled on offseason workouts

syhuang

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9517038

It's way too early to panic, but the Philadelphia Eagles can't be comfortable that defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, their first-round draft pick, has struggled during offseason workouts. Grasping Jim Johnson's complex defensive scheme isn't easy, and rookies who fail to show early indications of being able to pick it up can quickly find themselves slipping behind as the year progresses

This may mean nothing, it's too early to tell how Bunkley will perform on field. However, I'm glad that there's no negative news about our 1st round DT so far.

Just wondering what Mort would say about Marv if Bunkley was drafted by Bills and then struggled to pick up the defense scheme. NO CLUE? OLD?

In the related news, Mort still claims McCargo is a reach and Marv should draft Bunkley.

I said it before and I will say it again. I think Bunkley will be the most productive player in this draft class next to Reggie Bush. He has all the tools and will play in a system tailormade to his strengths. Though he has some "character issues" Marv was quoted somewhere saying he was ready to draft him and the rest of the room sold him on Whitner. We will see. I really hope Mccargo works out for us.

Marv was quoted somewhere saying he was ready to draft him and the rest of the room sold him on Whitner.

712639[/snapback]

This is the first time I hear this. Do you mind providing a link to it?

Marv did say something similiar about Ko Simpson and Kyle Williams at 4th round pick, maybe you mistake them to Whitner and Bunkley.

All I heard was that Marv was considering to trade down to draft Whitner. He later was convinced Whitner might not be available after trading down. Thus, he drafted Whitner at no.8.

Though he has some "character issues" Marv was quoted somewhere saying he was ready to draft him and the rest of the room sold him on Whitner. We will see

712639[/snapback]

?????????????????????

Really, this is the first I have ever heard that Marv didn't want Whitner, I thought he was one of the top guys that the Bills wanted and weren't going to pass up on him.

There had to be some reason why the bills stayed away from Bunkley.....maybe they are surfacing?

712639[/snapback]

I thought it was because Marv and Ralph are senile and DJ will always be a loser, thats why Buffalo passed on him :rolleyes:

Bunkley? Most productive behind Bush :doh: ......................................... :rolleyes: You're kidding right? All of these people in this first round and you think Bunkley will be the 2nd most productive? You have Mario Williams (freak of nature), Jason Hawk, Vernon Davis (Steve Smith in the Incredible Hulk's body), Michael Huff, Ngata, Leinart (who's sure to play because Kurt will be injured by week 4), Cutler (who I think has a REAL shot at stealing Plummer's job this year), D'Angelo Williams, Laurence Maroney, Joseph Addai (who will be an instant starter with Peyton), Ernie Sims (who flies all over the field), Cameron Wimbley, Tye Hill, Mercedes Lewis, and Jason Allen, Donte Whitner (who will be starting for us from day 1), and McCargo (whom we've heard absolutely nothing about and in this day and age, no news is good news). Not even counting the couple of beast offensive linemen here either. And you think Bunkley will be the 2nd most productive rookie behind Bush? Chances of that are likely 0% especially if he isn't catching on to the system.

P.S.- Being able to modify a post is good.

Bunkley? Most productive behind Bush :doh: ......................................... :rolleyes: You're kidding right? All of these people in this first round and you think Bunkley will be the 2nd most productive? You have Mario Williams (freak of nature), Jason Hawk, Vernon Davis (Steve Smith in the Incredible Hulk's body), Michael Huff, Ngata, Leinart (who's sure to play because Kurt will be injured by week 4), Cutler (who I think has a REAL shot at stealing Plummer's job this year), D'Angelo Williams, Laurence Maroney, Joseph Addai (who will be an instant starter with Peyton), Ernie Sims (who flies all over the field), Cameron Wimbley, Tye Hill, Mercedes Lewis, and Jason Allen. Not even counting the couple of beast offensive linemen here either. And you think Bunkley will be the 2nd most productive rookie behind Bush? Chances of that are likely 0% especially if he isn't catching on to the system.

712719[/snapback]

How come you didn't mention Whitner or McCargo? :doh:

This is a load of crap, typical of the junk written during the boring offseason because there is no other news to write about. On Sunday, when the lights are on and he puts his pads on can he play? My guess is yes.

I read a similar article about Nate Clements during his first rookie training camp -- saying he was having a tough time grasping GW's offense and the Bills were concerned... he ended up playing pretty well, so I wouldn't put much stock in these reports.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9517038

It's way too early to panic, but the Philadelphia Eagles can't be comfortable that defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, their first-round draft pick, has struggled during offseason workouts. Grasping Jim Johnson's complex defensive scheme isn't easy, and rookies who fail to show early indications of being able to pick it up can quickly find themselves slipping behind as the year progresses

This may mean nothing, it's too early to tell how Bunkley will perform on field. However, I'm glad that there's no negative news about our 1st round DT so far.

Just wondering what Mort would say about Marv if Bunkley was drafted by Bills and then struggled to pick up the defense scheme.  NO CLUE? OLD?

In the related news, Mort still claims McCargo is a reach and Marv should draft Bunkley.

712497[/snapback]

crap? junk?

The author doesn't say Bunkley can't play or claim Bunkley a bust in the article. He simply passes the information and even writes "It's way too early to panic....." to begin with.

This is a load of crap, typical of the junk written during the boring offseason because there is no other news to write about.  On Sunday, when the lights are on and he puts his pads on can he play?  My guess is yes. 

I read a similar article about Nate Clements during his first rookie training camp -- saying he was having a tough time grasping GW's offense and the Bills were concerned... he ended up playing pretty well, so I wouldn't put much stock in these reports.

712764[/snapback]

I wish Nate had been more productive on offense.  :rolleyes:

712834[/snapback]

Me to..damn guy...selfish of him to just play defense and special teams. Think of what Gilbride could have done with him.... :doh:

I would like to see Nate lose the asbestos jersey this year though...he wore it a few too many times last year.

Cutler (who I think has a REAL shot at stealing Plummer's job this year),

712719[/snapback]

HA HA HA thats pretty funny,,,,,I guess if you think cutler gives them a shot to have home field advantage in the championship game against pittsburgh.......dream on............

Didn't say that at all. But if Jake has a couple or 3 bad games in a row everyone will be calling for his head on a platter. We already know that Shannahan loves this boy Cutler. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see things transpire to where he ends up starting. I mean we are talking about Jake Plummer here right? How consistent has he been in his career?

He'll be taking over clip board duty from the previous clip board duty man.......plummer did play in the championship game with the flu....just don't see shanny panic attack comin after a couple of loss's ....give me plummer and I'll give you holcomb, losman, and nall......although the bartender in milwaukee did tell me last week that we got a good qb from them and he was pissed about it!!

Maybe intelligence and having a feel for the game is more important than your 40 yd time and how many times you bench press 225 lbs?

Maybe his only one good year, history of being lazy and an underachiever scared the Bills away--remember the MW experience.

Let's see who plays more and helps their team out more over the next couple years. My guess is that Whitner will have a more immediate impact.