Katharine McPhee

buckeyemike

Ya know I do not think it is funny that people on this board are joking about people with eating disorders.  My sister had an eating disorder which was bulimia and she fought her way back from it.  The fact that all the immature adoloescents who make it one big joke need to look inside their own closets to see if they are squeaky clean. 100:1 they are not so grow up all of you!!!....;)

713154[/snapback]

You should try taking life more seriously.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farbeit for me to enforce Political Correctness on this board.

I found that line about the "McDonald's Stew" gross.  And I've known women with bulimia in my life.  Most people have.  I find bulimia and anorexia to be a real problem in our society...and it's physiological and mental more than physical, thanks to TV and movies with stick thin women who look like 12 year old boys with 36Cs.

Don't worry about me, CTM.  I'm not wringing my hands or losing sleep about what people might say that I don't necessarily agree with.  That's part of what's good about living in this country...or at least used to be.

Mike

713133[/snapback]

I agree completely. I'm just protective about the rights of idiots to act like idiots; it lets us know who we can safely ignore. ;)

I'm also a big believer in dark humor - humor is a form of play, which is (believe it or not) a healthy form of interacting with a situation. "Gallows humor" is actually a valuable coping mechanism, as it allows people to relate to a problem rather than be a victim of it.

And McPhee is hardly the fattest bulemic I've ever seen. My friend in college was a bit heavier...right before she died from bulemia. Afterwards, though, her weight loss was dramatic...

Ya know I do not think it is funny that people on this board are joking about people with eating disorders.  My sister had an eating disorder which was bulimia and she fought her way back from it.  The fact that all the immature adoloescents who make it one big joke need to look inside their own closets to see if they are squeaky clean. 100:1 they are not so grow up all of you!!!....;)

713154[/snapback]

That's on you, not us.

I'm Italian but I'll still tell you that if you clothespin an Italian to your bicycle wheel and start peddling, you'll hear WOP, WOP, WOP, WOP, WOP.

One of my closest friends beat testicular cancer after having one removed, but he'll be the first to laugh when he answers the phone and I ask him how the last one's hangin'.

Another friend of mine had his brother kill himself, and when he explained that he staged his death on the front yard of their house and put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger and sprayed his blood all over the lawn, he followed it up with, "The least he could have done was fill the lawnmower with gas before he blew his head off."

It's not on us to tip-toe around people from an online message board who have a hard time dealing with life's adversities.

One of my closest friends beat testicular cancer after having one removed, but he'll be the first to laugh when he answers the phone and I ask him how the last one's hangin'.

713174[/snapback]

Your firends with Tom Green????

Tell him to stop coming back to Canada, We don't want him back

As for getting offended, if you are going to post on a message board on the internet so you have to have thick skin. It was an idiotic comment to make and some people may become offended, but it was probably done for that reason, to offend people

I still don't get how people think she is fat, sure you can't see her skeleton like most young preformers today, but she is far from being fat. People who are as "Thin" as Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ricchi, etc. are about as healthy as someone who is actually fat.

Although must of the people who have the 0% body fat or they are fat mentality when it comes to girls are usually the Gym rats that spend all day flexing in the mirror thinking they are the best thing to come to this earth, or could be mistaken for the guy in the "I beat anorexyia t-shirt"

George Carlin has a great bit about anorexia and bulimia. Highly recommended.

"Only in America can you have people digging through the trash to find an apple core to eat while someone else throws up a perfectly good meal. Somehow I can't feel sorry for an anorexic. Rich c**t don't want to eat? !@#$ her. Don't eat! Like I give a sh@t. 'I don't wanna eat!' Go !@#$ yourself. Why don't you lie down infront of a railroad train right after you don't eat?"

fact that all the immature adoloescents who make it one big joke need to look inside their own closets to see if they are squeaky clean. 100:1 they are not so grow up all of you!!!....;)

713154[/snapback]

I've been sittin' here thinkin'

'Bout when I started in drinking

I went on to dope.. it surely did change my life

I cried a tear in a beer for me

I lost everything near and dear to me

Mainly my children and my wife

My idea of having a good time

Was sitting with my head between my knees

I knew everything there was to know

Everything except which way to go

I cried "Oh God take me will You please"

Many a time I swore up and down

I didn't need all this junk that was going round

I can quit but let me finish what I got

After all this stuff sure costs a lot

Then I'll get my feet back on the ground

I can't tell anybody how to live their life

even though inside we're all the same

all those things are toys we're playing with

you know we're all losers in that game

Since I've been straight and haven't been in my cups

I'm not shooting downs or using ups

you know I'm still crazy as a loon

even though I don't run out and cop a spoon

but thank the good lord god I had enough

I got a friend his name is Richard grands

he says you don't need to be stoned to know a friend

you're all beautiful people the way you are

tell me what has that stuff done for you so far

I've been sittin' here winkin and a blinkin

I don't have to sit around no more and nod

I can do anything I wanna do

do it straight and do it so much better too

it's gotta start right in your own backyard

Thank you very much.

That's on you, not us.

I'm Italian but I'll still tell you that if you clothespin an Italian to your bicycle wheel and start peddling, you'll hear WOP, WOP, WOP, WOP, WOP.

Another friend of mine had his brother kill himself, and when he explained that he staged his death on the front yard of their house and put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger and sprayed his blood all over the lawn, he followed it up with, "The least he could have done was fill the lawnmower with gas before he blew his head off."

It's not on us to tip-toe around people from an online message board who have a hard time dealing with life's adversities.

713174[/snapback]

One of the best posts ever on this board.

You people who will laugh at every situation until it is about something you have experienced personally are ridiculous.

Oh, and why aren't there any bulemics or anorexics in Ethiopia? Those bastards would kill for the food that Fatty McPhee is throwing up.

One of the best posts ever on this board.

You people who will laugh at every situation until it is about something you have experienced personally are ridiculous.

Oh, and why aren't there any bulemics or anorexics in Ethiopia? Those bastards would kill for the food that Fatty McPhee is throwing up.

713561[/snapback]

I find it more ridiculous that you try so hard to be found controversial, when really you are just an annoying kid.

Oh, and the bulemics or anorexics in Ethiopia comment just cements that fact. What I find so hard to believe is that anyone could ever be upset by any insult that came out of your mouth. It's like taking offense to being called a sanctimonious prick by Darin. Though the "Fatty McPhee" thing is really pretty hysterical. Did you come up with that all by yourself, skippy?

I find it more ridiculous that you try so hard to be found controversial, when really you are just an annoying kid.

Oh, and the blumemics or anorexics in Ethiopia comment just cements that fact.  What I find so hard to believe is that anyone could every be upset by any insult that came out of your mouth.  It's like taking offense to being called a sanctimonious prick by Darin.  Though the "Fatty McPhee" thing is really pretty hysterical.  Did you come up with that all by yourself, skippy?

713608[/snapback]

Who pissed is your Cheerios this morning?

Who pissed is your Cheerios this morning?

713609[/snapback]

No one.

Someone did, however, eat his Cheerios only to throw them right back up again.

As far as the original post, guess I'll just go back to being an annoying kid. Problem is, Faustus didn't rebutt my point, just threw out a (weak) insult. Still remains that the majority of this board is fine with laughing at the expense of others... until one of the topics hits too close to home.

Somone needs to tell McPhee to switch to anorexia... bulemia is so 1995 (and messier that anorexia).

Now I'm off to the gym... but really, why should I? I should just go toss up the turkey sandwhich I ate.

- Annoying kid Stojan. (bastard cousin of Ugly Kid Joe)

I thought that was the whole point of the internet, to have a forum where anonymous people can throw verbal darts around in order to feel better about themselves in a number of interesting ways.

Like this thread, we have a guy expressing his admiration for some no-name celebrity and the he gets offended because someone makes fun of a medical "condition". Priceless. If anything at least it makes for some interesting Sunday AM reading.

RTB

Hmmm...once again, a thread goes way off-topic. I was complimenting Ms. McPhee and how pretty she is, and how she certainly shouldn't be bulimic. Now we've got yet another debate, this time whether or not we can joke about eating disorders.

See what I started? :lol::blush:

Mike

Hmmm...once again, a thread goes way off-topic.  I was complimenting Ms. McPhee and how pretty she is, and how she certainly shouldn't be bulimic.  Now we've got yet another debate, this time whether or not we can joke about eating disorders.

See what I started?  :lol:  :lol:

Mike

714237[/snapback]

I'm more surprised at how well it has kept to the original topic. he posts still contain McPhee and Eating Disorders which was some of the main points in your post. How it didn't end up turning into a thread about the kind of cars people with eat disorders drive, or have something to do with Ieatcrayonz being banned is pretty good.

Its ok, let them all think they could get someone better looking and believe she's fat :lol::blush: It just means less competition for us when we are fighting over her. :lol: