Bills trade Euhus to Saints for Courtney Watson

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam Ezekiel must not have inspired too much confidence with the coaching staff during last week's OTA's...

704196[/snapback]

Maybe not but I simply didnt think Euhus was going to make the team. So it's good to get a player in a trade, any player, who has talent that may indeed make it. Watson is a no risk player.

Watson is a no risk player.

704197[/snapback]

Who presumably will take reps away from "Lame 'Em" given his higher draft position/contact value and playing experience. Maybe Ezekiel should just punch his lights out when he walks into the locker room... 0:)

Watson is listed as a MLB. I suspect this is more of a goodbye for Posey and a sit your ass on the bench where it belongs Crowell, move.

This is a great trade for us. Euhus sucks, runs bad routes and can't block.

Who presumably will take reps away from "Lame 'Em" given his higher draft position/contact value and playing experience.  Maybe Ezekiel should just punch his lights out when he walks into the locker room... 0:)

704200[/snapback]

I don't think Watson has much going for him but who knows. The Saints traded him to Miami earlier for Eddie Moore, who stinks, but Moore failed his physical in NO so they had to void the trade.

BTW, Watson was a starter until he got a DWI at the end of October and then he missed the rest of the year with a torn MCL. Seems he was traded to Miami before the draft but the guy they traded for fialed his physical.

Euhus was a guy Mularkey wanted, to run MM's piece-of-crap five-yard curl-out on-third-and-nine offense. The guy was never a physical blocker and didn't show much on special teams. A one-trick pony who didn't fit this offense that needs blocking tight ends.

Watson should at least provide depth, and I'll bet he turns into an above-average special teams player.

Saban tried to trade for Watson last month, didn't he?

Wow, it appears this trade is pretty much universally well received here at TBD.

I don't think I've seen a thread with so much consensus.(though I haven't been here too long)

Isn't it nice when we can all play in the same sandbox without knocking over each others sand-castles. 0:)

Wow, it appears this trade is pretty much universally well received here at TBD.

I don't think I've seen a thread with so much consensus.(though I haven't been here too long)

Isn't it nice when we can all play in the same sandbox without knocking over each others sand-castles. :lol:

704231[/snapback]

It's the collective "no place to go but up" mentality, I guess... 0:)

Maybe we'll actually get close to winning a game this year... ;)

Saints Board on the Trade

0:)

A few in there are saying Watson was a locker room problem.

704207[/snapback]

Christ that is funny stuff....the Saints fans are saying the same thing about Watson, as we are about Euhus...know what that means? Bills fans are pessimistic, and Saints fans are pretty stupid! I will take pessimism over stupidity any day!

One of them even posted exactly what I was going to say, being a currently pessimistic Bills fan:

Oh great, we traded one of marginal players for another teams marginal player...

But, I like the trade!

Watson is listed as a MLB.  I suspect this is more of a goodbye for Posey and a sit your ass on the bench where it belongs Crowell, move.

This is a great trade for us.  Euhus sucks, runs bad routes and can't block.

704201[/snapback]

Am I missing something? Why are we looking to sit Crowell's ass on the bench? We don't want more 16 tackle, 1 sack 1 int games like he had against KC? Granted, that was not the norm, but I thought he absolutely proved himself to be a solid NFL player. if not a starter.

Am I missing something? Why are we looking to sit Crowell's ass on the bench? We don't want more 16 tackle, 1 sack 1 int games like he had against KC? Granted, that was not the norm, but I thought he absolutely proved himself to be a solid NFL player. if not a starter.

704262[/snapback]

Watson is a MLB and based on his reports, doesn't have the speed to be a cover 2 OLB. So I don't think he'll be competing with Crowell. Like most, I really like this trade. Euhus was a decent receiver, but he wasn't an effective blocker and had injury problems. Watson's only been in the league for 2 years and a former 2nd round pick, so perhaps he could turn things around. Best case scenario, we have Fletcher replacement. Worse case we added depth for a backup TE. Trust in Marv. 0:)