(OT)Anyone interested in a good deal on XM Radio?

The Poojer

$49.00 for the roady, or the commander or the skyfi, with a 6 month contiuous commitment, and only 3 months pre-paid.  let me know

52534[/snapback]

I just signed up for XM a couple of weeks ago. I just got my credit card bill and it had a charge or $45 (or $44.95). I assumed it would be $30 for the first quarter. Any idea why I was charged an extra $15. I've been too lazy to call them. I assumed it was some type of activation fee.

What are the differences between XM and Sirius?

52618[/snapback]

To start....

XM or Sirius

Sirius has the NFL, all the games, XM has none.

Sirius has the NFL channel, XM doesn't

Sirius provides this at no additional cost to your regular subscription

XM adds "premium" channels, then charges you more to listen to them

Sirius lets subscribers listen free over the internet to their music channels, XM charges for this feature

XM is stuck at 2 Million subscribers

Sirius is now over 600,000 and still growing. When I joined in December, they had only about 250,000

Another webpage to check out: Sirius Backstage - a fan based web page with forums.

What are the differences between XM and Sirius?

52618[/snapback]

Sports radio was the most important thing to me--mainly ESPN radio, Fox Sports Radio and Sporting News radio. XM had all 3 and Sirius only had ESPN. The NFL package would be nice if you needed it, but I have Sunday Ticket and would never use it. Plus XM is $3 a month cheaper.

To start....

XM or Sirius

Sirius has the NFL, all the games, XM has none.

Sirius has the NFL channel, XM doesn't

Sirius provides this at no additional cost to your regular subscription

XM adds "premium" channels, then charges you more to listen to them

Sirius lets subscribers listen free over the internet to their music channels, XM charges for this feature

XM is stuck at 2 Million subscribers

Sirius is now over 600,000 and still growing. When I joined in December, they had only about 250,000

Another webpage to check out: Sirius Backstage - a fan based web page with forums.

52628[/snapback]

the thing is though, who the hell is listening to the radio when the bills game is on? Especially Satellite radio that will be delayed over what you are seeing.

I see no use for the Sunday Drive. I really dont.

If you make plans where you have to be driving during a Bills game, consider yourself a marginal fan...

If you make plans where you have to be driving during a Bills game, consider yourself a marginal fan...

52634[/snapback]

When you get married and / or have a family you will change your tune on this. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts..... :devil:

When you get married and / or have a family you will change your tune on this.  Enjoy your freedom while it lasts.....  :devil:

52652[/snapback]

touche...

i keep saying ill find a girl with the same passion as the bills that i have... but its not gonna happen... not at all.

the thing is though, who the hell is listening to the radio when the bills game is on? Especially Satellite radio that will be delayed over what you are seeing.

I see no use for the Sunday Drive. I really dont.

52634[/snapback]

don't underestimate the NFL channel. i have it on 75% of the time i'm in my car now. constant, live, NFL talk and analysis from solid reporters and ex-players.

last monday night i was on the road and didn't have to worry about scanning the a.m. dial to find the game...i could choose from the cowboys or redskins radio broadcast without even having to think about it.

i don't see a reason why an NFL (or NHL, or NBA) fan would choose xm over sirius.

Sports radio was the most important thing to me--mainly ESPN radio, Fox Sports Radio and Sporting News radio.  XM had all 3 and Sirius only had ESPN.  The NFL package would be nice if you needed it, but I have Sunday Ticket and would never use it.  Plus XM is $3 a month cheaper.

Precisely why I chose XM.....