Took Friday off. Won't be able to sleep tonight

Ok, a few things:

1) A Sabres/Oilers Series may actually bring about the Civil War between the US and Canada I've been waiting for since I was old enough to despise Canadians.

2) I haven't been this excited about anything in years. I watched game 6 by myself in my apartment. First time i ever did that. We Won. I've watch 6 games at a bar called Frizzy's. We won 5. I've drank only beer for 7 games. We won 5 of those. Every time (6) I wore the same old short sleeve shirt, we won. Lucky boxers are 4/6. I have alot of planning to do tomorrow.

3) After taking Friday off, my boss asked if next time I could give him more than 36 hours notice. I explained I didn't know we were going to win last night. He wasn't amused.

4) Where is everyone watching?

5) Where are the sleeping pills?

Ok, a few things:

1) A Sabres/Oilers Series may actually bring about the Civil War between the US and Canada I've been waiting for since I was old enough to despise Canadians.

2) I haven't been this excited about anything in years. I watched game 6 by myself in my apartment. First time i ever did that. We Won. I've watch 6 games at a bar called Frizzy's. We won 5. I've drank only beer for 7 games. We won 5 of those. Every time (6) I wore the same old short sleeve shirt, we won. Lucky boxers are 4/6.  I have alot of planning to do tomorrow.

3) After taking Friday off, my boss asked if next time I could give him more than 36 hours notice. I explained I didn't know we were going to win last night. He wasn't amused.

700935[/snapback]

Beautiful, ain't it? I am much more worried about Carolina than I am about the Oilers. It's so damn close I can almost taste it. Either way I'm incredibly proud of our boys! The feeling is comparable to the early 90's Bills... I just know they'll keep winning.

-Jeff

I'm in Ashville tonight for an early meeting tomorrow. Only 4 hours to Raleigh. Called my buddy in DC. He's gonna see if he can break away from work and we'll grab some tix to the game. Still can't believe you can get Game 7 tickets at the last minute. If that doesn't pan out, I'll have to race traffic back to Atlanta to watch at home or stop at a bar on the way back.

I am torn. All season I have been watching the Sabres games, late at night, on video tape, because I have to work most week nights.

The few games I have gone out to watch with friends, while we have mostly won, I feel like I missed so much of what was going on. All the folks I would watch with are people I know here in Austin, who I also watch the Bills with every Sunday. Not all are as into hockey as they are football. I can actually watch tomorrow night (like you steveso, I took tomorrow night off from my second job...as well as this past Tuesday, because I knew this series was going at least 6).

One of my Bills friends invited me over tomorrow to watch, with some others. He has a very nice big screen plasma, and bbq's with the best of them. It is almost too much excitement, and nobody (but me it seems) pays attention to the game. What should I do? A six pack of NewCastle and a bag of salt-n-vinnegar chips, by myself, sounds appealing....or do I try to be more sociable? I would prefer to meet at a sports bar, but the NHL does not get a lot of love down here, particularly when the Dallas Mavericks are playing. I could likely watch the game, but with no sound.

I work M-F between 2pm and 10:30 pacific, and dont have Tivo, so I've been having to keep checking my cellphone every 5min for scoring updates. On Tues, when I saw that it was going to OT, I took an early lunch and raced down the street to this bar in Toluca Lake where a bunch of us transplanted WNY-ers watch the Bills/Sabres. As soon as I walked in, they were showing the reply of Breires' OT game-winner. Went back to work and promptly told the supervisor I was taking Thursday off.

Its going to be hot tomorrow so Im going to a six of Labatts, lay out on my rooftop pool for a awhile, connect to WGR streaming online, and get psyched for the game.

On an unrelated subject, I just noticed that was my 500th post. :D

Freaking classes start tonight. I may very well have to up and leave an hour into the first class of the semester. (Hey, I"ve been working on it for 10 years now, what's half a class?!)

Going to watch at Buffalo Wild Wings in Addison (Dallas), TX. Surrounded by screaming Dallas Mavericks fans.  The only place in town I can get really good wings.

700957[/snapback]

:P Damn fine wings at my house! :angry:;)

My youngest has a softball game, just as she did Tuesday. I wasn't able to watch Tuesday because it was a late softball game and the Sabres won. Tonight's game is earlier--what's a man to do? I've been trying to decide whether I should watch the game or not. :D

And Stojan--remember this..."Chicks dig the long ball." Go commando.

Ok, a few things:

2) I haven't been this excited about anything in years. I watched game 6 by myself in my apartment. First time i ever did that. We Won. I've watch 6 games at a bar called Frizzy's. We won 5. I've drank only beer for 7 games. We won 5 of those. Every time (6) I wore the same old short sleeve shirt, we won. Lucky boxers are 4/6.  I have alot of planning to do tomorrow.

700935[/snapback]

How often do you hang out at Frizzy's? I go there on a semi-regular basis.

I coach 9-10,11-12 yr old baseball....

of course we have a game tonight...at 6:00...it will get over around 8:00...I'll get home at 8:15- 8:30 to watch it in HD on my 52".....GOD I LOVE SPORTS IN HD....

I'll have a few Blue Lights and enjoy the rest of the game...

GO SABRES!!!!

I coach 9-10,11-12 yr old baseball....

of course we have a game tonight...at 6:00...it will get over around 8:00...I'll get home at 8:15- 8:30 to watch it in HD on my 52".....GOD I LOVE SPORTS IN HD....

I'll have a few Blue Lights and enjoy the rest of the game...

GO SABRES!!!!

701092[/snapback]

coach 3b...tell your boys to swing at the first pitch and Wave every home..game will be over by 715pm :D

Freaking classes start tonight.  I may very well have to up and leave an hour into the first class of the semester. (Hey, I"ve been working on it for 10 years now, what's half a class?!)

701019[/snapback]

I had a tradition of skipping the first day of classes every semester.....I'm just sayin' :D

I work M-F between 2pm and 10:30 pacific, and dont have Tivo, so I've been having to keep checking my cellphone every 5min for scoring updates.  On Tues, when I saw that it was going to OT, I took an early lunch and raced down the street to this bar in Toluca Lake where a bunch of us transplanted WNY-ers watch the Bills/Sabres. As soon as I walked in, they were showing the reply of Breires' OT game-winner. Went back to work and promptly told the supervisor I was taking Thursday off.

Its going to be hot tomorrow so Im going to a six of Labatts, lay out on my rooftop pool for a awhile, connect to WGR streaming online, and get psyched for the game.

On an unrelated subject, I just noticed that was my 500th post. :D

701009[/snapback]

What bar do you watch the games at in Toluca Lake? I have been watching the games with about ten Sabres fans at Hollywood Billiards on Hollywood Blvd where it meets the 101. Good screens, decent food, cold beer, mostly hot waitresses. Will be there for game seven if you want to join us.

What bar do you watch the games at in Toluca Lake? I have been watching the games with about ten Sabres fans at Hollywood Billiards on Hollywood Blvd where it meets the 101. Good screens, decent food, cold beer, mostly hot waitresses. Will be there for game seven if you want to join us.

701121[/snapback]

Timmy Nolans on Riverside Drive, its right over the hill , Cahuenga, take a right on Barham, go past Warner Bros, make left on Pass Ave, left on Riverside and go about a mile. I used to go to Hollywood Billiards but the parking sucks. This place is kinda like Cheers, everyone knows your name.