Anyone here have a kickass backyard?

SDS

after clearing a bunch of scrub trees, I'm looking for ideas for the backyard. We already have a nice swingset for the kids that I will be expanding to accomodate some additional play equipment I inherited from the neighbor. We have a 16x16 deck, but now I am wondering what to do next...

Does anyone have one particular aspect they like about their yard or their neighbor's yard? A particular entertainment setup or a well used child's play station perhaps?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a pond with a fountain. I saw one this weekend that was awesome. Nice brick surrounding a pool with goldfish in it. It was awesome and my kids loved it. I don't have one, but I'd love to.

My father in law has the best backyard I ever seen. Nice sized in-ground heated swimming pool complete with a waterfall and slide. A hot tub built onto the pool. A bathhouse with a complete outdoor kitchen. Palm trees planted throughout the yard along with various flowers that his wife plants. The landscape is nice, with a brick deck leading from the back patio to surrounding the pool and hot tub.

I have one of those raised forts with a wave slide and a sandbox below. That's next to our swingset. I also put in a 15 ft. round pool. Not big but big enough.

I also bought a 9x9 ft. bounce house, which the kids love. Minor rips are easily patched with clear duct tape. I just fold it and keep it in the shed when not using.

Mine's weed-free.....because I pulled the little suckers out by their little roots!  :lol:

699825[/snapback]

Have you tried the newish weed sprays that promise not to harm grass, yet?

FertiLome Weed-Out Plus, and Ortho Weed-Be-Gone Max are the ones I've used.

They work OK...don't hurt the grass, but they seem to take two applications to do the job.

Hot tub with a TV built in somewhere near the tub to catch all the Bills games, even the December ones. I have a friend who watches the Superbowl every year from a TV in his garage while he sits in his hot tub

Tiki bar is another good idea if you entertain alot.

I guess thats another question, do you do alot of entertaining with family and friends, or is the backyard mostly for the kids to play in and for the family?

Putting in an inground pool is another good idea and something the kids will probably really enjoy (and you'll hate having to do the maintenance)

How about a gazebo Scott? It can offer shade, and a nice spot for people to sit around, etc.  Hook it up with Directv and watch the Bills.  :lol:

699818[/snapback]

Well, I don't know about the TV, but I have thought about the Gazebo... I guess I wonder how many people actually use it and what I would need to include around it to make sure I use it...

which model?

699861[/snapback]

It's essentially this one in design with extentions angled inward from left and right. Grill and accessories will be built into the left extension, and right side will have bar tabletop, etc. I already bought the grill, etc., in an island, but it was a floor model so the island itself was free. We're just taking the good stuff out and putting it into this.

We went to a progressive Christmas dinner last year, and the first house we went to had a fireplace like this in the backyard and I almost blew off the entire dinner to just sit by the fire and drink.

It's essentially this one in design with extentions angled inward from left and right. Grill and accessories will be built into the left extension, and right side will have bar tabletop, etc. I already bought the grill, etc., in an island, but it was a floor model so the island itself was free. We're just taking the good stuff out and putting it into this.

We went to a progressive Christmas dinner last year, and the first house we went to had a fireplace like this in the backyard and I almost blew off the entire dinner to just sit by the fire and drink.

699867[/snapback]

Nice... did you get a BBQ Galore grill?

699867[/snapback]

That's nice that they have a link to loan application right on the same page. :lol: