I saw the preview for World Trade Center...

IBTG81

I went to go see The DaVinci Code and saw the preview for the movie World Trade Center, starring Nicholas Cage.

It was the only preview to a movie that I have ever cried at. People around me were crying, as was my fiancee.

The movie looks very powerful.

Sounds interesting. I remember what the mood was like during/after 9/11 and it seems like many have forgot about that awful day(I think that is a defense mechansim). I was initially opposed to viewing this film but I think I could use a reminder of that horrible day myself. God bless all 9/11 casualties :lol:

Sounds interesting.  I remember what the mood was like during/after 9/11 and it seems like many have forgot about that awful day(I think that is a defense mechansim).  I was initially opposed to viewing this film but I think I could use a reminder of that horrible day myself.  God bless all 9/11 casualties :lol:

699499[/snapback]

The officers were buried under the rubble, and you could see a faint glimpse of light. I couldn't imagine...

Unless this movie is being shown for free or having ALL profits donated to a 911 Charity, I think anyone who had a part in making the film should seriously hang their heads low. This was a huge tradgedy that happened recently and it seems the film industry is trying to make a few bucks off of. If this was something that happened a to a previous generation I could see it as it could be used to enlighten a new generation of a sad tiome in the nations history. But most people alive right now that would be able to go see the movie, lived through that tragic time and remember it well.

For example, a movie like Schindlers List and Saving Private Ryan were films of a time that alot of the people alive today didn't have to live through, so seeing it on film gave us a new respect for the people who had to live through that time and helped educate us on this tragic time in hopes that no one would forget what they had to go through.

I went to go see The DaVinci Code and saw the preview for the movie World Trade Center, starring Nicholas Cage.

It was the only preview to a movie that I have ever cried at. People around me were crying, as was my fiancee.

699410[/snapback]

It's an Oliver Stone movie.

Oliver Stone's a manipulative lying bastard.

'Nuff said. :lol:

'Nuff said.  :lol:

699550[/snapback]

I know Stone is a jack-ass.

This preview didn't even mention his name, and there was no conspiracy angle.

I know Stone is a jack-ass.

This preview didn't even mention his name, and there was no conspiracy angle.

699552[/snapback]

From what I've heard, the entire movie takes place within the rubble, they don't even show the planes hitting the towers let alone talk much about the events of that day. The focus is survival for the two men caught in the rubble -- or at least that is how they are billing it.

Still, I didn't see 93 even though it is supposed to be excellent and I don't think I will be seeing this movie for a few years at least.

'Nuff said.  :lol:

699550[/snapback]

I saw "Alexander" on TV this weekend...absolutely god-awful.

699585[/snapback]

I thought it was a pretty lame film, too.

As far as the WTC, to this day I still can't believe that it happened. I remember when I was in Hawaii in the late 80s. We went to Pearl Harbour and stood above the wreckage of the USS Arizona, which had been left alone since the attack. They described how most of the men were sleeping at the time, and that the ship had become their grave. It's one of the few experiences in my life that really changed me. The attack on the WTC was another one. I don't know how I feel about a film studio profiting off of such a movie, but I do think it's good for Americans to be reminded of this tragedy from time to time.

699585[/snapback]

Hard to believe movies like that, or JFK, or Born on the Fourth of July, are by the same producer/director that did Wall Street. :lol:

But then, nothing forbids a bad filmmaker from making the occasional good movie...just as nothing prevented George Lucas from having Howard The Duck leer at Lea Thompson's ass (though God knows something should have). :lol:

Actually, he wasn't crying at the trailer.  He'd just realized, at that moment, that he'd bought the single gayest car on the planet...  :lol:

699591[/snapback]

Truthfully, between the car and the trailer, it can all get to be just a bit too much for the kid.

699410[/snapback]

No thanks. I have a fundamental problem with lining some Hollywood type's pockets to see that.

Actually, he wasn't crying at the trailer.  He'd just realized, at that moment, that he'd bought the single gayest car on the planet...  :lol:

699591[/snapback]

Oh har har.

I've had two hot chicks comment and thought it was cool...

two chicks commented about your crying and you're going for celebratory high fives?

699625[/snapback]

Did you even read my quote?

:lol:

I think the Sabres getting the crap kicked out of them upset your reading comprehension.

:lol::lol:

Did you hear Honda's new ad campaign, Ed?  "Honda Fit: We make the Mini look butch".  It's a gay car, Ed.

699632[/snapback]

Ya he should have bought an SUV. Pay God knows how much in gas, insurance and everything else just so he can bring up his "image".

Ya he should have bought an SUV.  Pay God knows how much in gas, insurance and everything else just so he can bring up his "image".

699635[/snapback]

I know, right?

How old are we Tom, 2? :lol:

1) Ed has no image to bring "up"

2) Did I ever say "SUV"?  There's plenty of fuel-efficient cars on the market that aren't gay.

3) It's a GAY CAR.

699640[/snapback]

Since when did "gay" become an insult?

If by "gay" you mean fuel efficient, can fit 40.9 cubic feet of stuff, is quick, and looks gay, then fine, it's gay. :lol:

Since when did "gay" become an insult?

If by "gay" you mean fuel efficient, can fit 40.9 cubic feet of stuff, is quick, and looks gay, then fine, it's gay.  :lol:

699642[/snapback]

Actually, that sounds a lot like my car, except for one thing: my car's not gay.

Ed, it's a Honda Fit. It's a motorized roller skate. When you get a blade for it, I'll give you $10 to mow my lawn.

Actually, that sounds a lot like my car, except for one thing: my car's not gay. 

Ed, it's a Honda Fit.  It's a motorized roller skate.  When you get a blade for it, I'll give you $10 to mow my lawn.

699645[/snapback]

And what do you drive, Sir Thomas? A Fiat comes to mind...