In this thread, you say what you hate about ESPN

Chasing the Babe- That was the most rediculous thing I ever saw.

I also hate when they are scrolling through baseball scores and they have to show every pitcher who appeared in the game, as well as every guy who went 1-5 or better with an RBI in an 8-7 game.  You just want to catch a particular score, but with all the scrolling stats, they only get through two games before they go to a commercial.  So you wait through the commercial, and they come back and the bottom line reads:

LA SPARKS 29  PHOENIX MERCURY  23  FINAL  Swoopes  16pts, 7reb

:(

698299[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I also hate when you are watching a women's tennis match, and there is some Euro hottie waiting to return serve, and she is bending over, staring intently at her opponent, and the camera man zooms in on her face instead of keeping the lens wide enough to see a little cleavage as she is bending forward. ZOOM OUT!!! PAN DOWN!!! DO SOMETHING!!! And they always tease you with it because it's so close. Man I hate that. I would be a great cameraman/director for women's tennis.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember how the standard ESPN line was that fans did not care about steroids, they just wanted to see "dingers." Then they realized how wrong they were and then I thought they had turned a corner.

Now, all they do is felate Bonds over passing someone on the list.

I dont mind ESPN at all,but there are 2 guys who get one my nerves. The Mullet Man Barry Melrose. Can he ever give the Sabres credit for anything??? Joe Theissman...Mr. Know It All,how I wish hed step back onto the field so we could cripple his @ss. :(

why you gotta hate on the network yo? that's bananas

EPSN's the coolest thing since the other side of the pillow

fo'shizzle

suzy kolber is reporting that tedy (we're not worthy) bruschi got hit 435,345,347 times in between episodes of around the horn

oh by the way, here are the baseball, football, hockey, and basketball scores brought to you by Under Armour®

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, my name is Kevbeau and I used to be an ESPN junky. I'd watch Sportcenter over and over again, even though they would just put in a loop. I loved the commercials, especially when they used team's mascots.

I've been on the wagon for about 2 years now. Sure the NHL lockout and ESPN failing to pick up the contract on the return contributed, but I can't fault it as the main reason. Perhaps it's the fact that their sportscasters have become caricatures of themselves, or that poker and billiards dominate the airwaves. While perfectly fine recreational activities, they are not sports.

No, I can't point the finger at any of these issues as the primary cause. My problem can be summed up in one word:

Theisman.

Thanks, and see you at the next meeting.

697980[/snapback]

Hi Kevbeau, my name is Pete. I too used to watch Sportcenter over and over. I even had an ESPN 2 hat which I used to wear. I can no longer watch and have not seen a whole episode in probably 6 years. Thank God for Baseball Tonight and Primetime.....sigh..... I miss the old ESPN. Where have you gone Dan Patrick, Charlie Steiner, Bob Ley, Tom Mees, Craig Kilburn, Keith Olberman? <rhetorical question btw

Things I hate about ESPN...

1.They believe that Joe Theisman is talented and continue to bring him back year after year.

2.Stuart Scott and the other talking heads on Sports Center who feel the need to be funny and unique...and most of the time are neither.

3.Non-existant hockey highlights on Sports Center.

Stuart Scott

Stephen A. Smith

698328[/snapback]

Darn, there goes my first two answers. Pretty much all of their talking heads are awful (with the important exception of their baseball guys). All the stupid catch phrases have to go.

Supposedly Stuart Scott said something about watching Bonds pass Ruth with his kids and having tears in his eyes as it happened. Number one, that didn't happen. There's no way. Number two, why would you try to put something so preposterous over on your audience?

Also, there's this red head reporter, Rachel Nichols, they always send to the basketball games who is really horrible. She sounds like a computer. Her voice inflection is terrible. And sometimes when the lighting is off or her make-up is wrong, she goes from cute girl to scary zombie monster thing.

On the flip side, I loves me some Suzy Kolber and Erin Andrews.